maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Future green living

Post by maryjane48 »

Sparki55
Guru

Re: Future green living

Post by Sparki55 »

The video at the end showing the current state looks nothing like the artile states; no solar panels, very large homes, no rooftop gardens. To me it lools like a rich community with normal housing.

Bet it won't be what you think it will be.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

maryjane48 wrote:http://huffp.st/sA3RDer

:130:

MJ you should know better...agenda 21.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sparki55 wrote:The video at the end showing the current state looks nothing like the artile states; no solar panels, very large homes, no rooftop gardens. To me it lools like a rich community with normal housing.

Bet it won't be what you think it will be.

Right from the article Sparki55:

"Over time, solar power and battery storage will play an increasing role in providing electricity, according to Thomson.

Rooftop solar will be installed on most of Union Point’s downtown buildings, and a solar farm will be constructed adjacent to the development. As battery technology matures and becomes cheaper ― which has already begun to happen ― it will increasingly be used to smooth out demand and make Union Point less reliant on the regional power grid.

“The project has come at a perfect time because a lot of the necessary technologies are becoming affordable and readily available,” Thomson said."

And Averagejoe, Agenda 21 is for the conspiracy threads :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K wrote:

No QueenK.....here is the United Nations document it's self.

Not a conspiracy.....it's open for all to read. :smt045

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/o ... s/agenda21

Agenda 21
UNCED, 1992
Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts on the environment.

Agenda 21, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the Statement of principles for the Sustainable Management of Forests were adopted by more than 178 Governments at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) held in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, 3 to 14 June 1992.

The Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) was created in December 1992 to ensure effective follow-up of UNCED, to monitor and report on implementation of the agreements at the local, national, regional and international levels. It was agreed that a five year review of Earth Summit progress would be made in 1997 by the United Nations General Assembly meeting in special session.

The full implementation of Agenda 21, the Programme for Further Implementation of Agenda 21 and the Commitments to the Rio principles, were strongly reaffirmed at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) held in Johannesburg, South Africa from 26 August to 4 September 2002.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

My bad. So it's a wishful document?

I don't see it being widely adopted then.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:
averagejoe wrote:
No QueenK.....here is the United Nations document it's self.

Not a conspiracy.....it's open for all to read.

There are some who try to make it a conspiracy...which side are you on AJ?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:
Right from the article Sparki55:

"Over time, solar power and battery storage will play an increasing role in providing electricity, according to Thomson.

Rooftop solar will be installed on most of Union Point’s downtown buildings, and a solar farm will be constructed adjacent to the development. As battery technology matures and becomes cheaper ― which has already begun to happen ― it will increasingly be used to smooth out demand and make Union Point less reliant on the regional power grid.

“The project has come at a perfect time because a lot of the necessary technologies are becoming affordable and readily available,” Thomson said."

There's no denying that if you are extremely wealthy, and put high value on paying way more for power then you need to, in a desperate attempt to wash away guilt at committing the worst sin possible if you are a Leftist (having way more money than most people) then go ahead and fill your boots, and buy expensive power. You can already do this in BC by stupidly renting solar panels from Fortis. Go for it. When all costs are added up to the environment (something the solar and wind scam artists will never do) it would be interesting to see what if any benefit these kinds of communities have to the earth or anything else. But washing away guilt is the over-riding factor, not helping the environment, so go for it.

What I'd like to know is how these kinds of plans and communities would be affordable to those who aren't enormously wealthy. The people that are affected by stupid decisions by governments to invest in these scams. Like the poor people of Ontario for example, who are subsidizing idiotic wind power scams and having to choose between heat and food. These kinds of communities are great, as long as cheap regular power is available to the poor masses who can't afford to be leftist boneheads making extremely stupid decisions about where they get their energy. What about those people? Does anyone care? I know leftists don't.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Bsuds wrote:
There are some who try to make it a conspiracy...which side are you on AJ?

Expand?

It's just a document by the UN? No reason to worry. :up:

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K wrote:My bad. So it's a wishful document?

For your read QueenK.

17 Goals to Transform Our World

In 2015, countries adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals. In 2016, the Paris Agreement on climate change entered into force, addressing the need to limit the rise of global temperatures.

Governments, businesses and civil society together with the United Nations are mobilizing efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Agenda by 2030. Universal, inclusive and indivisible, the Agenda calls for action by all countries to improve the lives of people everywhere.

Explore this site to find out more about the efforts of the UN and its partners to build a better world with no one left behind.

http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

It's happening all around us....

World green economy leaders look for ways to spark a new green revolution – and set a path to the 2030 Agenda

http://www.unep.org/newscentre/world-gr ... 030-agenda

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Local level
See also: International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives

The implementation of Agenda 21 was intended to involve action at international, national, regional and local levels. Some national and state governments have legislated or advised that local authorities take steps to implement the plan locally, as recommended in Chapter 28 of the document. These programs are often known as "Local Agenda 21" or "LA21".[3] For example, in the Philippines, the plan is "Philippines Agenda 21" (PA21). The group, ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability, formed in 1990; today its members come from over 1,000 cities, towns, and counties in 88 countries and is widely regarded as a paragon of Agenda 21 implementation.[4]

In other countries, opposition to Agenda 21's ideas has surfaced to varied extents. In some cases, opposition has been legislated into several States limiting or forbidding the participation and/or funding of local government activities that support Agenda 21.[5]

Europe turned out to be the continent where LA21 was best accepted and most implemented.[6] In Sweden, for example, all local governments have implemented a Local Agenda 21 initiative.[7]

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJn ... da_21.html

Return to “World”