Silencing Conservatives thru Political Correctness

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Silencing Concervatives thru Political Correctness

Post by Catsumi »

Queen K wrote:I see a very strongly polarized group on both conservative and liberals sides every day.

Every time I believe the conservatives have made excellent posts, a long comes the those of the liberal side, with a completely different light on the issue.

That is how debate is supposed to work.

And it's working. Here, on this miracle called Castanet. Face it, without Castanet who can you talk to these days about issues face to face? It's extremely difficult to bring anything up in the work place isn't it? Because we are so sensitized and have access to so much social media out there, ONE comment in the workplace can sink a career. In seconds. Or make for a poisonous work place, in seconds.

Here? Here we can have a multitude of topics and political slants on things that just are not acceptable to bring up causally anymore. And face it, is anyone ONE thing? Politically? Humanly? Sometimes we are a fractured lot, with liberal/conservative views on any number of given topics.

I don't see anyone here being silenced and if posters out there hold back on their views in certain threads, well, NO ONE is holding you back but you. Get in there. Give it your all. Sure some burn themselves out and never post again, but we also have a community of people who are actually and have made real life connections.

We have Monroe coming on from Saskatoon, SK saying "there is nothing like castanet here." Imagine if you have never found the forums, those of us who have to check in a few times a day, imagine how dark the day would go if there was nowhere to check in. Sure you'd have your family and friends as per usual, but isn't the as per usual the point to being here? Because nothing gives the the chance to be heard in quite the same way as the forums gives, right or left. And no one can tell me they've never learned a damn thing here, right or left.

Ultimately discussion has been destroyed by PC, but whose PC? It's from both sides.

If I was as erudite I could say you took the words right out of my mouth. Good post. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Silencing Conservatives thru Political Correctness

Post by Fancy »

Why is the topic still spelled wrong?

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Silencing Conservatives thru Political Correctness

Post by ferri »

That will happen when someone quotes a message that still has the misspelled Subject line. I only changed the first one, I would have to go through and change the spelling on every single one. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

[quote="sobrohusfat"][/quote]

Pat Condell is a favorite of mine. Does not hold back.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “World”