Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Nissan to electrify people that need power

Post by Queen K »

Nissan continues: “Each of the projects will be piloted in 2018, and carefully assessed. Where they prove to be beneficial, Nissan will then look to expand them. The company will be reporting on progress throughout the year. These three pilot projects set out to harness the power of the electric battery far beyond the car and will focus on communities identified as being most at risk or in need.”

These will include:

Building a microgrid system that will provide a power source for local communities in a developing country who don’t have sustainable access to energy. This will give residents better access to basic needs like education and healthcare.
Working with local municipalities in Europe to apply the principles of the Nissan Electric Ecosystem to those who most need it. This includes equipping a residential building with a solar power system, Nissan xStorage, vehicle-to-grid technology and new Nissan LEAFs for carsharing.
Partnering with organizations in areas most likely to be affected by natural disasters to uncover ways Nissan people and technologies can help. For example, a Nissan e-NV200 van equipped with battery packs could be used as a mobile, the sustainable backup energy source in the event of a major power cut, energy disruption or off-grid event

JagXKR, why is this 'pure bunk"? It's Nissan, a huge company announcing their intentions for 2018. She's just the spokesperson. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

So a corporation has plans to go into under developed areas and help them develop an electrical grid?

Hmmmmm, anyone else ever read ”Confessions of an Economic Hitman”?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Is that the same as when Nestles went and introduced baby forumula to poor African women?

Is this the same?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I'd rather not be electrified thank you, it hurts
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:Is that the same as when Nestles went and introduced baby forumula to poor African women?

Is this the same?

Read the book and let us know. I've heard of the Nestle scandal, but never really read up on in.

Regardless, the book is a great read if you're interested ... written by John Perkins.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Million plus electric cars

Post by Jlabute »

Tesla has already shipped 200,000 vehicles which is another reason why Tesla would lose their tax credit.
In response, Tesla shares have dipped enormously because of the tax credit expiration, AND they can’t make the Model 3 to get them out the door. Stocks slumped and financial sites are saying Tesla is approaching a terminal decline. I admit, the Tesla is a sexy car, but ya got to be able to make them at an affordable cost to consumers. Now they will be $7500 more. Battery material shortages hurts the whole industry. They definitely need new and better battery tech. Hopefully Tesla can hang in. You still need oil though to make and drive a Tesla... I’d like to see something like in the movie I Robot. That’d be cooooler. Tesla has lots of work to do on their self-driving tech as well. Something kind of funny, I ask my wife to try out CurrentTaxi and she’s too afraid.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4122890-tesla-approaches-terminal-decline

Solar City too is slumped over a desk from an aneurysm.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/10/18/solarcity-teslas-solar-boondoggle.aspx
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/technol ... index.html

Yes, there is a real battle out there for the consumer's dollars.

And that’s all it is - a battle for consumer dollars.

The EVs biggest market share are those who are buying under the false pretences that they’ll be saving a ton of money and be able to “fill up” for free.

Just like gas vs diesel - one needs to really do their homework and crunch numbers if one wants to save money.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Well if the gas companies lobbyists have their way, this new bill in Congress will kill the electric car tax credit and do away with the middle class or marginal buyer, which basically sinks the market for electric vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/technol ... index.html

Yes, there is a real battle out there for the consumer's dollars.

And that’s all it is - a battle for consumer dollars.

The EVs biggest market share are those who are buying under the false pretences that they’ll be saving a ton of money and be able to “fill up” for free.

Just like gas vs diesel - one needs to really do their homework and crunch numbers if one wants to save money.

Crunched numbers my whole life to save money...........guess what...........no electric vehicle.........EVER!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 40,000 Plug-In Electric Vehicles Sold In Germany

Post by Dizzy1 »

And guess where all that electricity is coming from?

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/0 ... ghost-town

26 new coal plants are planned in the next few years in Germany alone.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep buying those carbon credits to offset our vacations :laugh:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've been saying this for awhile, bring on the hydrogen filling stations. Stand alone EV is going to place alot of pressure on utility companies, and hybrids still need gasoline.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... n-hydrogen

The exhaust of a fuel cell vehicle is water vapor. If the filling station are made available I'd be buying fuel cell vehicle and bypassing stand alone EV & hybrid.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A fuel cell car is no different than an electric except it's more expensive. It still takes electricity to produce the hydrogen. In both cases, you need Site C or you need coal powered plants to produce the energy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:A fuel cell car is no different than an electric except it's more expensive. It still takes electricity to produce the hydrogen. In both cases, you need Site C or you need coal powered plants to produce the energy.

That can be said for all current vehicles. Big difference is filling up time.... fuel cell vs EV, none of the alternatives is as quick as gasoline or diesel.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tesla set to be number 1

Post by maryjane48 »

http://business.financialpost.com/trans ... -rig-truck

620 miles on single charge for the new roadster and walmart says,they want to test teslas new semi coming out :130:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

To get 1000mi on a single charge is possible, it just requires a much larger battery which makes the vehicle much more expensive. This vehicle won't pay off Tesla's debt. Electric motors definitely have a lot of torque. We will see what Tesla can build, seeing Tesla is having financial and production problems with the Model 3.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Return to “World”