Faith doesn’t drive Islamist terrorism

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Faith doesn’t drive Islamist terrorism

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/why-d ... ng-degrees
Wealthy Nigerian underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab; Hamas’s West Bank-born chief bombmaker Yahya Ayyash; Abdul Subhan Qureshi, working-class Mumbai train bomber and India’s most wanted terrorist; Pakistani-American and failed Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad, the son of a high-ranking Pakistani airforce officer; Kuwaiti 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed; New Mexico-born Anwar al-Awlaki, senior al-Qaeda recruiter and the first American citizen to be targeted and killed by a U.S. drone strike: all among the most notorious terrorist figures of the 21st century, with widely divergent geographical, social and economic origins, and seemingly linked only by religion and political extremism.

Oh, and one other thing, as it turns out: engineering degrees.

Turns out islamic terrorism may not be terrorism in every instance
Also turns out the only difference between right wing extremism and islamic is the faith. The rest is exactly the same

engineer factor casts a sharp, clarifying light on the deep similarities between all varieties of right-wing terrorism. Engineers have been disproportionately prominent on the Western right-wing fringe from the earliest days of the Nazi party, “when being a member wasn’t a career move,” as Hertog dryly remarks, through the Italian fascists of the later 20th century. “Strip the religion out of Islamist ideology—this can’t actually be done in Middle Eastern Muslim countries, but as a concept—and what’s left is basic extremist right-wing ideology: obsession with purity [religious, racial, cultural], xenophobia, fascination with a mythical past, belief in brute force,” Hertog says.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Faith doesn’t drive Islamist terrorism

Post by JagXKR »

So the answer is simple. Do not let Islamic worshipers attend engineering studies.

Also the authors are "social scientists". Like that's a real thing....not. Steffen Hertog, one author, was an advisor to the Saudi government. Yep I trust him....not.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

JagXKR wrote:So the answer is simple. Do not let Islamic worshipers attend engineering studies.

Also the authors are "social scientists". Like that's a real thing....not. Steffen Hertog, one author, was an advisor to the Saudi government. Yep I trust him....not.

You cant dispute facts
Its all verifiable.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

I believe that Muslim is an organized cult, not a real religion - and is wholly based on fear and oppression. From my understanding, every MUSLIM has a duty to do his/her part to rid the world of "Infidels" ( those of us NOT Muslim ). Therefore, if they do not follow their teachings to the letter, could be sentenced to death for violating their sacred law. So what does JT do? Invites them into our Country, so they can breed their way into taking over OUR country, and when that happens, watch out!! (Belgium is on the cusp and the soon to be ruling Muslims have already announced infidels will be exiled or killed) - but I guess it will keep "him" off the beheading list!

By the way, Bigotry is aimed at people who may be considered less than the normal, and Racism is aimed at an ethnicity, Organized Religion does not fall within those categories. Some things need to change with the times, and it's time people put their ethnic differences aside, and go after the real reason so many people have died, and continue to die - and that is "Organized Religion", one of the most archaic and primitive practices known to humanity. It's all about WEALTH and POWER to the few at the top, not the masses who have been brainwashed over the centuries to believe in something with no actual substance, just a fear of the unknown.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

csm wrote: By the way, Bigotry is aimed at people who may be considered less than the normal, ...

Not quite ...
big·ot·ry.
NOUN
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself:

For example ...

^That's what I don't like about that religion. I wonder what percent of Muslims do that? 10%? Because it's weird.
Last edited by Ka-El on Nov 12th, 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Most jihadis have hair too. The real world graduates lots of engineers but there is not enough opportunities to go around. Most people are engineers while there are still one or two people who stay home, paint, and smoke pot for a living. Also, I know some immigrants who put on their resume “aerospace engineer”(and similar) but do not know math beyond a grade 9 capacity. Really.
“So many” can mean so many things.

The report will also unveil another interesting finding - India has closed the gender gap in engineering to an all-time low of 14% in 2015.
Around 66% men in the world are interested in engineering while the figure stands as low as 43% for women globally. However when it comes to India, both men and women have shown great interest in engineering - the highest percentage in the world.
While 85% Indian men have shown interest in engineering, the number stands at a close 79% among women in India.
In comparison, 62% women in China are interested in taking up engineering as a career, 55% in Brazil, 48% in Turkey, as low as 35% in US, 33% in Germany, 28% in UK and 27% in Japan.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

csm wrote:I believe that Muslim is an organized cult, not a real religion - and is wholly based on fear and oppression. From my understanding, every MUSLIM has a duty to do his/her part to rid the world of "Infidels" ( those of us NOT Muslim ). Therefore, if they do not follow their teachings to the letter, could be sentenced to death for violating their sacred law. So what does JT do? Invites them into our Country, so they can breed their way into taking over OUR country, and when that happens, watch out!! (Belgium is on the cusp and the soon to be ruling Muslims have already announced infidels will be exiled or killed) - but I guess it will keep "him" off the beheading list!

By the way, Bigotry is aimed at people who may be considered less than the normal, and Racism is aimed at an ethnicity, Organized Religion does not fall within those categories. Some things need to change with the times, and it's time people put their ethnic differences aside, and go after the real reason so many people have died, and continue to die - and that is "Organized Religion", one of the most archaic and primitive practices known to humanity. It's all about WEALTH and POWER to the few at the top, not the masses who have been brainwashed over the centuries to believe in something with no actual substance, just a fear of the unknown.

you are 100% correct on all counts , you are correct about belgium ,i have family that i keep in touch with there ,it really is that bad there ,but it hardly makes the news, --i have said it before--jt-- is a trojan horse---

you are also 100% ,it is every muslims duty to get rid of non muslims :swear: :cuss: https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... nment.aspx
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

csm wrote: From my understanding, every MUSLIM has a duty to do his/her part to rid the world of "Infidels" ( those of us NOT Muslim ).

:smt045

But seriously, no one wants Muslims coming to Canada. I think the chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist is about .000001%. So that's not what I'm worried about.

^That's what I don't like about that religion. I wonder what percent of Muslims do that? 10%? Because it's weird.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no one is going to make me believe that this is not dangerous and unsafe to wear while driving
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “World”