Only US and few castanet posters

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Only US and few castanet posters

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
WASHINGTON, July 29, 2015 — Global climate change will aggravate problems such as poverty, social tensions, environmental degradation, ineffectual leadership and weak political institutions that threaten stability in a number of countries, according to a report the Defense Department sent to Congress yesterday.

OH no!!! The sky is falling!! The Sky is falling!! Let's spend billions of dollars on stupid scams like wind and solar power - who cares what it costs!!! Such a load of garbage.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Verum wrote:Do you honestly think you know better than the vast majority of scientists who have dedicated their lives to understanding this?

Didn't say I know better than everyone. Perhaps, I simply find the work of the scientists who dedicate their lives in understanding this and who don't agree with the scientist you choose to believe more believable :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/11/syria-to-join-paris-climate-agreement-leaves-united-states-isolated-spd/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20171107news-syriaclimate&utm_campaign=Content&sf151878933=1

Even syria is on board now . I would say the consensus is the majority of humans on earth know,the science that says yes humans do makexa,impact in the rate in warming

Let us know when these targets are actually met and how they reached them before deciding on who's "on board" :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:...
I do not know the polling data of climatologists, so I can't see for sure what they think. There is some polling data on meteorologists, and they seem to be quite mixed in their views.

Given the fact, we don't know what percentage of experts say way, we can only use logic and reason and science to figure out how to deal to deal with the warming.

You keep using the appeal to authority fallacy and the red herring. When a pediatrician says your child has cancer, that's a serious diagnosis, which is why people will often get a second opinion. Treating someone for cancer they don't have is bad, and it happens from time to time.

It's not an authority fallacy when one is appealing to the authority of those who are the actual authorities in the field in question. Start at 22s in to avoid irrelevant content.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

CARBON TAX
will aggravate problems such as poverty, social tensions, environmental degradation, ineffectual leadership and weak political institutions that threaten stability in a number of countries.

[quote][/quote]
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I suppose the Syrians now will have to cut back on power usage, and pay a carbon tax (since having 1 TV and 1 light bulb per home is too much), and they will all receive a Macron personally signed edition of a Paris Solar Panel so they can rebuild their lives. Why join the Paris Accord when you have barely nothing to adopt? I suppose the cheque is in the mail.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “World”