Don't have kids - AGW nonsense

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Don't have kids - AGW nonsense

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote:Okay, I see your point GB. It is your thread post after all.

But, once past the outrage and condemnation of the link, what more can be said if that's all that is allowed. No discussion, no ideas presented = dead thread.

Talk about what ever you want - I don't care. I think QK will back me up on that one. I was just drawing the thread back to what made me so angry in the first place - a complete brain-washed idiot stating that people shouldn't have kids, because of the stupid "emissions" word. It's people like this that really expose the true evil of the entire AGW cult. Stealing money from people, making the poor even more poor with really bad policy is one thing, but guilting them into not having children? That's just pure evil.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
We get it. You don't understand science. More people = more carbon. More carbon = bad. We need a reasonable amount of carbon to slow climate change. Instead we are emitting too much. Less people = less carbon emissions. It's science but not rocket science.

actually, what "we" get here is that there are a few people that are so committed to the man-made climate change fraud, that they will defend every single stupid policy or "suggestion" made by those who are fellow armageddonist morons like themselves. To actually try and defend what this idiot is saying about deliberately not having children is disgusting. You have kids don't you? So why do you get to have kids and others don't, all because you want people to adhere to a fear-mongering fairy tale? I am actually ashamed for you but also somewhat respectful that you had the guts to walk into this thread, though I honestly thought you'd have the integrity to go with "I believe in the AGW hoax, but this guy is going to far.....". That would have made more sense. This guy's stance is indefensible. It's disgusting. And I am disgusted with anyone who would agree with it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
actually, what "we" get here is that there are a few people that are so committed to the man-made climate change fraud, that they will defend every single stupid policy or "suggestion" made by those who are fellow armageddonist morons like themselves. To actually try and defend what this idiot is saying about deliberately not having children is disgusting. You have kids don't you? So why do you get to have kids and others don't, all because you want people to adhere to a fear-mongering fairy tale? I am actually ashamed for you but also somewhat respectful that you had the guts to walk into this thread, though I honestly thought you'd have the integrity to go with "I believe in the AGW hoax, but this guy is going to far.....". That would have made more sense. This guy's stance is indefensible. It's disgusting. And I am disgusted with anyone who would agree with it.

I had 2, one to replace me and one to replace Dad. We won't be increasing global population. Overpopulation was very much a consideration in planning our family. The last thing this planet needs is more humans. I never understood why we think we're so superior to everything else on the planet, we're just another part of the life cycle on it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ok, let's take two deep breaths here.

GB. If we set aside the statement that you are so angry about and also put aside global warming issue, could we then reduce the topic to something like:

OUt of Control Population Increase Will Kill Us All

By the time we reach TEN BILLION and our numbers begin to decrease (if predicted correctly) how long will it take before numbers drop to something the earth can support? Will there be much support left considering the battering the globe will suffer just trying to feed that number for another 50 years or so.

As we see it happening now, the Earth is being forced to support us to a greater degree yearly. The oceans are being fished out (easily done, cod fishery, salmon); massive crop production only possible with genetic engineering of seeds, high application of fertilizers, sprays against insect and bird life, and resulting poisoning of water sources, and those water sources must water the crops; species declining in number or extinction rates increasing at an accelerated rate; huge factories spewing toxins into the air, onto the land and ocean making crap for an increasing global population.

Just how long can this go on? Do you not see that it is OUR ever increasing numbers that are the root cause of our ills?

Does it not make sense that fewer people would be better? And, if we don't heed the warnings the correction will come as these things always do and outfall will not be pretty.

This is a global problem as boundaries mean nothing.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
I had 2, one to replace me and one to replace Dad.

so you are a hypocrite, in other words. Thanks for clearing that one up.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:so you are a hypocrite, in other words. Thanks for clearing that one up.

You're not very good at math. One to replace me. One to replace Dad. There is no increase.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Catsumi wrote:Ok, let's take two deep breaths here.

GB. If we set aside the statement that you are so angry about and also put aside global warming issue, could we then reduce the topic to something like:

OUt of Control Population Increase Will Kill Us All

I guess you could say this, but really this theory has been advanced for decades, and we have yet to really tap into this in any way. There are still giant land masses on this earth that are practically uninhabited. True, some like the Canadian north, are not really habitable by large populations. I get that. But then you look at places like Africa, where there are millions of acres of arable land, that are just sitting completely unused and unfarmed, due to the corrupt governments that are currently in charge. Zimbabwe is a prime example. That country used to be a net exporter of food. Now millions are starving after Mugabe and his thugs stole all of the farmland, and let it just sit dormant. That's a problem.

But that being said, I'm fully willing to listen to people who feel that population controls should be in place until we figure out how to colonize other planets. I just find it morally reprehensible, evil and stupid to justify telling people to have no kids because of disgusting fairy tales prophesizing doom. These people are just the most vile on the planet.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
You're not very good at math. One to replace me. One to replace Dad. There is no increase.

Oh good grief. You are the one who isn't good at math, and a massive hypocrite. You think that you deserve to have kids and other don't, in the name of an evil fairy tale. Total and utter hypocrisy, which is disgusting.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

just curious...so are you going to tell your 2 children not to have any kids or suggest a limit on how many they should have Jlives ??
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

W105 wrote:just curious...so are you going to tell your 2 children not to have any kids or suggest a limit on how many they should have Jlives ??

No. I have not, and will not, tell anyone how many kids to have. I have only said it was a consideration for me.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Approaching 8 billion people sounds bad because it is difficult to imagine what 8 billion people looks like. When you hear 8 billion people and the AGW mind can't count that high, it sounds like the entire planets surface is covered with an O2 ingesting infestation, but, if you were to take all the people in the world 7.5 billion, and squeeze them into a box, that box would be 0.1 cubic miles in size... barely visible from anywhere. I would think that the amount of life on earth today is scarce compared to prehistoric high CO2 times.

I have 5 kids.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

More kids in developed countries is better than more kids living destitution. The concept of limiting child birth is not a first world problem but an earth problem. Controlling a carbon footprint with birth control is like shoveling sand into the ocean to clean up a beach. Do more people = more carbon, yes but not enough to make a change. Coal power plants and automobile exhaust are far bigger factors then children.

“Most climate scientists agree”

Why is it that all climate scientists don’t agree, if it is a fact then they should all agree. The earth is getting warmer that is a fact, instead of wasting time writing articles about controlling birth rates to control carbon they should determine what is causing the problem so we can deal with facts and not conjecture.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Globally, human population at EIGHT (8) Billion people.

How many is enough? How long can world's resources support this number and their inevitable offspring? In my lifetime the population has increased by 3 billion. Jaw dropping.

Even rats turn on their own when crowded. We are already emulating the rodent with wars, pillage, push and shove, rich/poor at each others throats, eating ourselves right off the planet.

I recall watching a "horror" film about 50 years ago where this idea was taken to its conclusion. It depicted standing room only, people upright for 18 hours a day and then, reprieve, going to your assigned cot to lie down and sleep 6 hours. That film made a lasting impression on me but can't recall its name.

Sorry to be so grim, but I never thought it could get this bad. We are destroying the natural world, the oceans and even the air we breathe but we NEED to increase our numbers?

:135:

These are points to talk about all right, in a thread about over-population, but what I object to is that this AGW ding-bat is trying to use the man-made climate change hoax to shame people into not procreating. It's one thing to tell people that there are already too many on the planet, but to say that you have to feel guilt and shame for the "emissions" that your children are going to generate, then you have a mental illness. You have to take a solid look at yourself, and wonder how you became this brain-washed by a cult. That's my issue here. Using a fairy tale to guilt people into stupid life decisions just is beyond the pale.

Yes, GB, in your most definite style, :biggrin: you brought the focus back to the true issue at the heart of your argument, that no one should be shaming young families for wanting children in their lives, for better or worse. What does that say to the infertile couple? Or the couple for wanting to adopt children from the Third World? Or for that matter, to Planned Parenthood funding?

And in general, as a childless woman, I do not feel smugly superior for not having any children. Just saying the opposite of having children does not evoke the range of emotions that the AWG implies.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I've been mulling this over all day and see that there is no way out and no solution that will please all.

Some think that immigration will solve the world overpopulation problem and, at the same time, solve our economic problems too.

Others believe we can be squashed together cheek to jowl. Somehow.

Some would like mandatory control of birth numbers while others bitterly resent such an idea.

Yes, there will always be wars and more to come. Battlegrounds over arable land and water. Naturally, corrupt governments will also thrive as they promise milk and honey, deliver nothing while their leaders line their pockets.

Humans are a strange lot. The Easter Island folk KNEW when they cut down the last tree on their island and yet they still did it. A week ago the Rhohinga Muslims were offered birth control, free, by our government but they turned the offer aside. These folk are in dire straits having been marched out of Burma and are now camping without proper food, medical care or a decent place to live. Rape is rampant and the resulting children will be born into that hell with no or little hope. For the life of me I can't figure out why they would add to their misery. But then, aren't we doing pretty much the same by adding to global population?

Like QK I have no skin in the game as early in life chose to be childless (a shame really because they would have been fed, educated and oh so good looking) so probably a good idea to bow out of discussion. There is no solution.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You're adding to the conversation. :up:

I feel no one should be putting a moral spin on having children and that is what is happening and outraging GB and likely others too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”