We need a Remembrance Day II - because war's a rip-off

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

We need a Remembrance Day II - because war's a rip-off

Post by Thinktank »

We need a new day to remember that wars are a big rip-off. That day could be Mar 20.

Iraq was invaded on Mar 20, 2003.We should all begin to confront the staggering cost and the challenge of paying for this war. Even Canadians, because we're paying for it too.

the 16-year conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan will cost an estimated US$6 trillion due to its prolonged length, rapidly increasing veterans health care and disability costs and interest on war borrowing...... But instead of facing up to these huge costs, we have charged them to the national credit card. This means that our children will be forced to pay the bill for the wars started by our generation.

This means that our children will be forced to pay the bill for the wars started by our generation. That's pretty insane when you think about it.

We need a day to remember that wars are a big rip-off. And to remind Trump and Trudeau not to try pulling another fast one over us.

http://theconversation.com/iraq-and-afg ... paid-78241
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
my5cents
Guru

Re: We need a Remembrance Day II - because war's a rip-off

Post by my5cents »

We already have those "special" days, about every four years.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: We need a Remembrance Day II - because war's a rip-off

Post by Thinktank »

November 11 is Remembrance Day. It is a good day to remember something good - to remember the members of the armed forces who have died in the line of duty.

We should all remember that when a country is rich in resources, it's citizens might get slaughtered.
Only 44,000 Canadians died in WW2 - a drop in the big insane WW2 bucket. As a kid every movie about WW2 I watched made it look like that war was about "us' against the bad guys - the Nazis. The Germans. It took me a long time to figure out what WW2 was really all about, and I still don't really know completely. One thing I know is that Ukraine lost more people than Britain, Canada, USA, Germany, and Japan - combined - and most of WW2 happened in Ukraine, because it was rich in resources - farmland - back then. We should all remember that when a country is rich in resources, it's citizens might get slaughtered. That's what R2 - Remembrance day II - is all about.

And one person in Laos still gets killed every day now, thanks to that war and it's landmines.
USA has it's own special "Remembrance Memorial for Vietnam War." A small amount of names of Americans are on that memorial, like the number of Canadians who died in WW2, the number of names on the Vietnam Memorial is a drop in the bucket, a trivial amount compared to what the Vietnam war really was about - slaughtering two million foreigners for no reason. Well maybe the warmongers had a reason. But it wasn't good. The Vietnam war might have been because of where that country - Vietnam, was located. Location location location. And one person in Laos still gets killed every day now, thanks to that war and it's landmines. And the country - USA - that placed millions of landmines for the peasants in Laos is too cheap to clean it up. We should remember that. That's what R2 is all about. The insanity of it all.

And the lunatics were making all the decisions.

And now Canada and USA are at it again - making wars for profit. We need a Remembrance day II - to remember just what is going on - with our tax dollars and spending on wars around the world. The Russians burning the Ukrainian peasants, and everything in sight as they retreat from the Germans, and later the Germans scorching the peasant's earth as they retreat from the Russians. Let's remember how insane that was. And the lunatics were making all the decisions. That's what Remembrance Day II is all about - remembering that lunatics are making all the decisions.

:smt045

:-X
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “World”