Fake news? Look to the right

Re: Fake news? Look to the right

Postby Verum » Feb 3rd, 2018, 12:24 pm

JagXKR wrote:
Verum wrote:Can you please point to where I touted CNN as a reliable source without others corroborating their story?
Yes, I didn't think so. I'm not a fan of CNN, but don't let facts get in the way of your outrage. Typical of right-wing fake news.

Never said you touted CNN. So your allegation is unwarranted. I asked a question regarding media, never said you aspire to be a CNN supporter. Typical left wing outrage. Don't let those facts get in your way.

The fact that CNN is more readily available to the unwashed masses of stupidity in the USA is very prevalent to any understanding of media bias and media brainwashing. Vast majority of US citizens have never heard of RT but most have heard of CNN. They have more effect on the weak minded. They are the most untrustworthy of all mainstream media.
My opinion of course.

Fox News is about as biased and accurate as CNN. Both are similarly widely available. Comparing RT to CNN as the choices available to the US audience is such an oversimplification as to be meaningless.

My comment on RT as propaganda was solely about stories relating to Russia and her interests. To quote Media Bias/Fact Check:
Highly biased toward Russia and occasionally runs Pro-state conspiracy stories. Although coverage is typically right of center when covering USA news they also do promote pro-Russian propaganda

RT is probably a better source for non-US, and non-Russia news than CNN and Fox, but the original RT story posted was relating to both countries and therefore highly suspect as propaganda.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 787 posts

Postby christopher » Feb 3rd, 2018, 1:29 pm

RT is probably a better source for non-US, and non-Russia news than CNN and Fox, but the original RT story posted was relating to both countries and therefore highly suspect as propaganda.

When I check RT against CNN the reporting is right of center. What I do not like about CNN is the rolling of eyes and the shaking of heads personal commits I want NEWS without personal views I like to think I can come to my own conclusion.

Verum likes this post.
christopher
Fledgling

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Glacier » Feb 3rd, 2018, 7:20 pm

Two liberals sit down to discuss the 4 types of fake news...

christopher likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9077 posts

Postby christopher » Feb 3rd, 2018, 9:20 pm

Two liberals sit down to discuss the 4 types of fake news...

I think they sum it about as good as anyone
christopher
Fledgling

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Nedroj » Feb 9th, 2018, 8:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRPDGEgaATU

Fake news comes from all sides of the media. Fox, cnn, Washington post, info wars etc. Which is why I turn to YouTube to get all other angles the mainstream media misses. Get the facts straight from the sources and you’ll see that it’s the identity politics in general that is the problem. I’m a fiscal conservative atheist with some liberal morals. Compute that lol.

Just because you’re a liberal doesn’t make you a good person
Just because you’re a republican doesn’t make you a bad person
Just because people support trump doesn’t mean they completely agree with him
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius

christopher likes this post.
Nedroj
Fledgling

Liked in: 165 posts

Previous

Return to World