Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol OPRAH!!!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:. Another is that all this condemnation after the fact is not bravery... https://www.dailywire.com/news/25502/walsh-matt-walsh

Yup - it was all phony, that's for sure. But that's Hollywood.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol OPRAH!!!

Post by oneh2obabe »

Columnist opinion piece on Oprah running for President.

Winfrey is one of the most gifted public speakers of her generation. When she looks into a camera, it’s like she is peering into your soul. On the relatability scale, and by force of personality, she is everything Donald Trump is not: inclusive, thoughtful, empathetic, decent, generous, emotionally and cognitively stable.

But while all of this is to be admired, none of it qualifies her to be president.

If anything, America needs to halt this era of gut-and-heart decision-making. If we’ve learned anything from Trump, it’s that celebrities make lousy politicians.

While a theoretical President Oprah would usher in a new age of hope and change, at least in rhetoric, when it comes to actually governing, odds are she’d be a spectacular flame-out and in very short order.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/o ... oprah.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I watched some of the Golden Globes on my one channel's Entertainment Tonight and was just astounded at the hyprocrisy displayed on stage. Could only take about three minutes of it.

One thing that always puzzles me is the use of the words "powerful actors".

They are only as "powerful" as their last successful movie. That's it. And only if they get parts. Or major parts to boot.

So how powerful are they really?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol

Post by Silverstarqueen »

dogspoiler wrote:It should be obvious, wild weight fluctuations are not what should be the focus of White House briefings.

Better to be a consistently overweight Dufus like Trump? What difference does it make whether someone happens to be on a diet or not when in office?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't know who to believe on Twitter. I open it up for the first time in several days, and I'm immediately given several diverging views. The first says she's win in a landslide, and the second says the opposite. Hmmm, it's hard predicting the future.

twitter.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fancy wrote:
Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president, two of her close friends told CNN Monday.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/media/o ... index.html

I don't see anywhere in that article where anyone has heard Oprah claiming to be "actively thinking about running for president".

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/politics/ ... index.html

Which doesn't mean she can't change her mind in future. Her speech at the Golden Globes was not about running for president.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Jan 9th, 2018, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Queen K wrote:I watched some of the Golden Globes on my one channel's Entertainment Tonight and was just astounded at the hyprocrisy displayed on stage. Could only take about three minutes of it.

One thing that always puzzles me is the use of the words "powerful actors".

They are only as "powerful" as their last successful movie. That's it. And only if they get parts. Or major parts to boot.

So how powerful are they really?

The speech was about empowering people (in this case those in the industry) to stop harassment and sexual abuse, hopefully to give those people the strength and power, acceptance to come forward and expose perpetrators, to stop the widespread acceptance of that abuse. So those with more power in the industry will have to help those with less clout. The speech was a call out for others to do that in order to create change. There is power in numbers.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I think it would be a huge mistake for her to run for president at this time. You can't step into politics at the top of the ladder. Trump has proven what disaster that results in.
If she has aspirations on the presidency, follow Reagan's lead and test the waters at the state level first. Find out how things work in the political world.
Unfortunately, people hear someone string together a few complete sentences, without bragging about themselves or insulting others, and they immediately think that this person would do a better job at president than the present lame duck.
Maybe they would do a better job, but the bar isn't very high right now.
The U.S. needs someone with experience to step in in 2020 and clean up the mess that Trump is leaving in his wake.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Shed have to win Texas and California. Both big in the beef industry
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I seriously doubt Oprah would enter into Presidential race as a candidate.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I don't see anywhere in that article where anyone has heard Oprah claiming to be "actively thinking about running for president".

Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president, two of her close friends told CNN Monday.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yet her partner Stedman Graham, told the LA Times: “It’s up to the people. She would absolutely do it.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 47916.html

But would she consider a 2020 presidential run? “Okaay!” she reportedly responded with a smile.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... c77cd03b04
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

trumpOprah.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

RupertBear wrote:The U.S. needs someone with experience to step in in 2020 and clean up the mess that Trump is leaving in his wake.

I agree with this other than I am afraid that a new president would jump right back into the idiotic Paris Accord to appease the Euro-trash and would go scurrying back like a coward to Tel Aviv from Jerusalem to appease the UN trash.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Obviously, the media learned the lesson of 2016 and won't give disproportionate attention to a celebrity candidate who has never....OH MY GOD, IT'S OPRAH!!!
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”