81 Companies raise wage rates in US - even Walmart

Re: 81 Companies raise wage rates in US - even Walmart

Postby rustled » Jan 13th, 2018, 11:53 am

As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 6970 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 13th, 2018, 11:54 am

rustled wrote:As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.

Why should they be held back. Let them work 2 hr days if they dont need the work
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3208 posts

Postby rustled » Jan 13th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:
rustled wrote:As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.

Why should they be held back. Let them work 2 hr days if they dont need the work

There are many reasons for working. My disabled sister doesn't work for the money so much as for the feeling of self-worth. Yes, I suppose she could find a place to volunteer instead, although I know a large part of the reason she prefers to work is because it gives her a sense of contributing to her own income as well, pulling her own weight as best she can. I expect this is the case for some seniors, and perhaps some teens.

In a society that bases (rightly or wrongly) a great deal of an individual's "worth" on what he or she earns, this part of the overall equation shouldn't be overlooked.

Catsumi likes this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 6970 posts

Previous

Return to World