81 Companies raise wage rates in US - even Walmart

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: 81 Companies raise wage rates in US - even Walmart

Post by rustled »

As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

rustled wrote:As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.

Why should they be held back. Let them work 2 hr days if they dont need the work
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Jflem1983 wrote:
rustled wrote:As I've posted this elsewhere, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the many people who do not need enough income to provide for everything they need, but still need a job.

Why should they be held back. Let them work 2 hr days if they dont need the work

There are many reasons for working. My disabled sister doesn't work for the money so much as for the feeling of self-worth. Yes, I suppose she could find a place to volunteer instead, although I know a large part of the reason she prefers to work is because it gives her a sense of contributing to her own income as well, pulling her own weight as best she can. I expect this is the case for some seniors, and perhaps some teens.

In a society that bases (rightly or wrongly) a great deal of an individual's "worth" on what he or she earns, this part of the overall equation shouldn't be overlooked.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “World”