Missile Strike Warning, Hawaii

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Missile Strike Warning, Hawaii

Post by Catsumi »

Friends of mine who overwinter in Hawaii said it was a heart stopping and terrifying incident.

What mystery is this? Why was the alarm sounded?

It was announced "This is NOT a test!"

I am happy all is ok, but shouldn't this cause us to reflect on what may be coming someday?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Missile Strike Warning, Hawaii

Post by Queen K »

I think it was a test to see how the general population would react in real time.

Not an accident at all. Planned.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I suppose everyone had their Depends in place? :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh I imagine a few racing hearts and high blood pressue patients made it to the hospital.

And the vacationers!

"But I'm from Kelowna!" (YOu know who you are :135: ) How would you feel if you had this on your cell phone?

"This is NOT a Drill!"
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Human error created the panic
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Sister lives there but was on a flight to Vancouver. I will be talking to her tomorrow so will get more info from her then.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GordonH wrote:Human error created the panic

Personally, I don't believe them. It was a real live test on the population.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It was Trump...he pushed the big red button on his desk!

Luckily, just like his Brain it's not connected to anything.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I, for one, welcome our new Korean Overlords.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:Personally, I don't believe them. It was a real live test on the population.

Hmm..... if so who ordered the residents & visitors of Hawaiian Islands to be human guinea pigs.

From Capital of North Korea to Honolulu is roughly 7400 km via a straight line.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Queen K wrote:

Personally, I don't believe them. It was a real live test on the population.

I have to disagree on this one. I would think doing a deliberate "test" of this magnitude over such an issue could have caused heart attacks, car accidents, etc from panic (and we don't know that it didn't yet). That could have resulted in many lawsuits to say the least. To declare that "this is not a test" when in fact it was a test would be plain stupid, and could even be a litigious situation. I just don't think they would have gone down that road. I think it was as they are stating "human error", maybe even possibly human "mischief", but not a purposely done "test" to see what people would do. The officials have taken full responsibility for the error, have apologized and declared they will take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I mean, how terrifying would that have been?? There are natural disasters happening all the time that are heart-stopping, but to be put in the position to think there is the possibility of actually being nuked in progress, the fear would be unfathonable and paralyzing.....then to find out it was just a "test"??? I'd be suing somebody's *bleep* from here to Kingdom come!!

After saying that I believe the White House reaction is typical while Trump is off dithering around his golf course hideyhole :
The White House said President Donald Trump, at his private club in Florida, was briefed on the false alert. White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said it "was purely a state exercise."
They don't want anyone to think Trump wasn't "at the helm" when what could have been a unspeakable disaster was possibly unfolding, so they are covering his *bleep* yet again in trying to say it was a "purely a state exercise", giving him the cover of being in charge of the whole debacle like it was a sane thing to do. To me, if we ever needed more, it's just more proof he hasn't clue one about being President of the USA.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

How long did it take for them to call it off and for people to know it was a mistake?

A lot of family vacations ruined, possible lawsuits?

PTSD causing?

087B5D94-3199-4C2D-93FD-AE101FF3CE5F.png
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

TreeGuy wrote:How long did it take for them to call it off and for people to know it was a mistake?

A lot of family vacations ruined, possible lawsuits?

PTSD causing?

087B5D94-3199-4C2D-93FD-AE101FF3CE5F.png

You know - I think this cartoon character actually does bear a a physical resemblance to both both DT and KJU!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think I would have headed for the beach for a nice quiet time sunbathing.
If there really was a missile I don't think hiding would help and I would rather die quickly.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Bsuds wrote: If there really was a missile I don't think hiding would help ...

Mere minutes. Barely enough time for anyone there who voted for Trump to reflect on their stupidity.

Return to “World”