Missile Strike Warning, Hawaii

Re: Missile Strike Warning, Hawaii

Postby Zoso » Jan 16th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Its another way to show NK that the world is actually ready for them .
Zoso
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 250 posts

Postby dle » Jan 17th, 2018, 9:26 am

Zoso wrote:Its another way to show NK that the world is actually ready for them .

yea sure that's a great idea - let's just provoke an(other) arrogant, psycho dictator with nuclear arms just to show them who's boss eh?

What could possibly go wrong with that???
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1280 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 17th, 2018, 10:53 am

With everything that's been going on maybe this song should have a remake done.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

rustled likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7231 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby rustled » Jan 17th, 2018, 7:38 pm

2009 remake:
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 6304 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2018, 2:26 pm

I find it interesting that people think that they would die quickly in such an event.
Fact is that even assuming a 150 kiloton detonation over the Pacific naval command headquarters in Pearl Harbour, the casualties would be at most 20,000 deaths and 120,000 injuries, mainly from burns. Unless someone is within 0- 5 kms, they won't have a quick death if outside and unprotected.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 526 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 18th, 2018, 3:05 pm

oldtrucker wrote:I find it interesting that people think that they would die quickly in such an event.
Fact is that even assuming a 150 kiloton detonation over the Pacific naval command headquarters in Pearl Harbour, the casualties would be at most 20,000 deaths and 120,000 injuries, mainly from burns. Unless someone is within 0- 5 kms, they won't have a quick death if outside and unprotected.

Lets say their aim is off a bit & they hit downtown Honolulu check the link:
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt= ... ft=0&zm=13

6.0 earthquake is equivalent to the bomb dropped on August 6, 1945
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Ya...if NK targets the population ,casualties would be much higher. I'm going to guess that the CEP of a single warhead from NK
would be 2000m or less. Just a guess. I'm assuming there are no mirv's at play either.Single rv's only. When using nukemap...I almost always click 100% chance of no burn and use 1.5 to 2.5 psi. Hope it doesn't happen...but the reality is it's not if ,it's when. Unless we do a pre-emptive,we have less than a year before NK has 10-15 fusion, and 60-80 fission, making a war unwinnable if you know what I mean.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby GordonH » Jan 18th, 2018, 3:51 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Ya...if NK targets the population ,casualties would be much higher. I'm going to guess that the CEP of a single warhead from NK
would be 2000m or less. Just a guess. I'm assuming there are no mirv's at play either.Single rv's only. When using nukemap...I almost always click 100% chance of no burn and use 1.5 to 2.5 psi. Hope it doesn't happen...but the reality is it's not if ,it's when. Unless we do a pre-emptive,we have less than a year before NK has 10-15 fusion, and 60-80 fission, making a war unwinnable if you know what I mean.

Knowing how successful Iron Dome is protecting Israel from missile attacks (I know not nukes). I expect US has even more effective one protecting themselves (connected with NORAD).
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Fort Greely AK, Vandenberg CA are the only missile defence launch points in western N America. 40% hit rate.
Let's assume a 50 warhead attack for funzies. A 25% RV failure rate and a 50% NORAD ABM success rate. Approx 15-20 warheads would find their targets. 1 or 2 hits on Naval complex Kitsap just outside Seatle. I have no faith in any ABM system we have.(Norad) Maybe we should buy S-400,S- 500 's from Russia. :up:
I don't know about you but I really miss Nukemap 3D.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Thinktank » Jan 18th, 2018, 4:17 pm

So Trump knew there was no missile going to Hawaii?
Everyone remember the way George Bush knew there was an attack on 9/11?

^ He knew. [icon_lol2.gif]

Of course Trump knows stuff. He knows N Korea would never start a war. Why would they start a war?
Wars are expensive. North Korea is like Cuba - they desperately need a few American dollars. Not a war.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 556 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 18th, 2018, 4:21 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Fort Greely AK, Vandenberg CA are the only missile defence launch points in western N America. 40% hit rate.
Let's assume a 50 warhead attack for funzies. A 25% RV failure rate and a 50% NORAD ABM success rate. Approx 15-20 warheads would find their targets. 1 or 2 hits on Naval complex Kitsap just outside Seatle. I have no faith in any ABM system we have.(Norad) Maybe we should buy S-400,S- 500 's from Russia. :up:
I don't know about you but I really miss Nukemap 3D.

Of course there are mobile ones i.e https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-104_Patriot
Could be setup rather easily in Guam, Midway, Hawaii & Alaska etc... etc
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2018, 4:37 pm

There is no way a MIM-104 can hit a RV doing 5 km/s in any circumstance. It's not designed to do that. Anything over 1.5 km/s ,65000 ft , 17-20 kms away and the MIM-104 is out of it's league. Unfortunately,(or for the better,if you agree with ABM treaties) there is no defence system that can reliably hit a RV,including the navy's new magnetic rail gun. Nothing. Google" RV Kura test range".
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby GordonH » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:02 pm

oldtrucker wrote:There is no way a MIM-104 can hit a RV doing 5 km/s in any circumstance. It's not designed to do that. Anything over 1.5 km/s ,65000 ft , 17-20 kms away and the MIM-104 is out of it's league. Unfortunately,(or for the better,if you agree with ABM treaties) there is no defence system that can reliably hit a RV,including the navy's new magnetic rail gun. Nothing. Google" RV Kura test range".

I sure the US defence has in place defence systems that no one is aware of, unless they are all about offence with nothing on defence.
(Of course I'm sport person, its be proven good defence wins championship with an okay offence.)
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Ka-El » Jan 18th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Sometimes, a good offence is the best defense. :smt045
Not a Russian Bot !
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4401 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2018, 11:47 pm

Ka-El wrote:Sometimes, a good offence is the best defense. :smt045

That could be applied to a pre-emptive on NK.
Sorry to nerd out on you GordonH
oldtrucker
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to World