Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 20th, 2018, 7:03 am

SIOUX CITY — Police delivered sweet news to the owners of a small Sioux City honey business Wednesday, nearly a month after vandals killed their half million bees and nearly wiped out their livelihood.

Wild Hill Honey owners Justin and Tori Englehardt went to check on their 50 hives on the morning of Dec. 28 and found them all destroyed, resulting in more than $60,000 in damage to the business.

The police department said Wednesday two boys, ages 12 and 13, have been arrested in connection with the incident, which drew ire from people across the country and garnered national and international media coverage. Because they were charged as juveniles, the suspects cannot be identified under state privacy law.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/ ... 76b2a.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 53070
Likes: 554 posts
Liked in: 5499 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby TreeGuy » Jan 20th, 2018, 8:04 am

oneh2obabe wrote:SIOUX CITY — Police delivered sweet news to the owners of a small Sioux City honey business Wednesday, nearly a month after vandals killed their half million bees and nearly wiped out their livelihood.

Wild Hill Honey owners Justin and Tori Englehardt went to check on their 50 hives on the morning of Dec. 28 and found them all destroyed, resulting in more than $60,000 in damage to the business.

The police department said Wednesday two boys, ages 12 and 13, have been arrested in connection with the incident, which drew ire from people across the country and garnered national and international media coverage. Because they were charged as juveniles, the suspects cannot be identified under state privacy law.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/ ... 76b2a.html


Here’s a tip, look for two teenaged boys with multiple bee stings.

The parents need to be held accountable and made to repay damages.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
TreeGuy
Moderator
 
Posts: 2281
Likes: 1104 posts
Liked in: 2223 posts
Joined: Oct 9th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Location: Westbank

Re: Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby Catsumi » Jan 20th, 2018, 7:43 pm

I only wish the bees could have repaid these nasty vandals but think that due to cold weather, they were helpless and unable to take revenge.

What is wrong with people???!!!
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Übergod
 
Posts: 1822
Likes: 2407 posts
Liked in: 1668 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby Fancy » Jan 20th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Catsumi wrote:I only wish the bees could have repaid these nasty vandals but think that due to cold weather, they were helpless and unable to take revenge.

What is wrong with people???!!!
Answer - a lot. My kids knew at that age how important bees are - they learn it at home and at school. It's so sickening it's almost beyond words.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45091
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5768 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby Jhunter199 » Jan 22nd, 2018, 1:53 pm

Fancy wrote:
Catsumi wrote:I only wish the bees could have repaid these nasty vandals but think that due to cold weather, they were helpless and unable to take revenge.

What is wrong with people???!!!
Answer - a lot. My kids knew at that age how important bees are - they learn it at home and at school. It's so sickening it's almost beyond words.


Honestly even if they didn't understand the importance of bees in the growing cycle, they should minimum be taught respect for other's and other's property. They need to start punishing those that break laws, and do harm to other's. How else are they ever going to learn righ from wrong.
Jhunter199
Fledgling
 
Posts: 289
Likes: 257 posts
Liked in: 341 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Re: Two children charged with killing half-a-million bees

Postby GordonH » Jan 22nd, 2018, 2:11 pm

impo these 2 children as part of their punishment, should write a 1,500 (in their own words, not copying out of a book) word report on the importance of honey bee's in nature.
By doing this they may learn valuable lesson, about their action in destroying those hives caused.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Acadie-Bathurst Titan, OHL Hamilton Bulldogs, WHL Swift Current Broncos & Host Team/Regina Pats
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19888
Likes: 2175 posts
Liked in: 6848 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning


Return to World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Omnitheo and 1 guest