Infowars on Thin Ice

Infowars on Thin Ice

Postby Bigjohn69 » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:32 pm

http://cnn.it/2onrgM3

(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Liked in: 135 posts

Re: Infowars on Thin Ice

Postby CapitalB » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:37 pm

Youtube has been quite clear regarding their policies in regards to violence and hate mongering. Thats probably only ramping up with the increase in pressure to stop fake news.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby Glacier » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:42 pm

Bigjohn69 wrote:(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

How do you define "far right"? I thought InfoWars/Alex Jones were more apolitical than left or right. Prior to Obama was non-stop talking about how bad the Republicans and Bush and the American Industrial Complex were. I wouldn't think that's far right.

averagejoe likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9244 posts

Postby CapitalB » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:44 pm

He was just quoting the first sentence of the article, that you could have found through the link.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Because_They_Lie » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:56 pm

Glacier wrote:
Bigjohn69 wrote:(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

How do you define "far right"? I thought InfoWars/Alex Jones were more apolitical than left or right. Prior to Obama was non-stop talking about how bad the Republicans and Bush and the American Industrial Complex were. I wouldn't think that's far right.

Right - Left - Far Right - Far Left- Fairy Tales.
Because_They_Lie
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 200 posts

Postby Glacier » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:56 pm

CapitalB wrote:He was just quoting the first sentence of the article, that you could have found through the link.

Fair enough. It would be interesting (perhaps in another thread) to get to the bottom of the word "far right." I'm confused as to what it means.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9244 posts

Postby Because_They_Lie » Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:58 pm

Infowars and Alex Jones wont get one strike against them. They are part of the divide and conquer system.

the REAL youtubers who speak truth to power are the ones losing their income, channels and rights.

The parkland school shooting was in my humble opinion, a hoax.

No one died, no one even got injured, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. :)
Because_They_Lie
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 200 posts

Postby RupertBear » Feb 23rd, 2018, 3:03 pm

Bigjohn69 wrote:http://cnn.it/2onrgM3

(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

In my opinion, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. This idiot lost all credibility when he started trying to make a name for himself by peddling the Sandy Hook and Oklahoma City bombing conspiracy theories. You think he would have learned from the back-lash from Sandy Hook, but like they say, you can't fix stupid.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 383 posts

Postby Gilchy » Feb 23rd, 2018, 3:08 pm

Because_They_Lie wrote:
The parkland school shooting was in my humble opinion, a hoax.

No one died, no one even got injured, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. :)

Imagine thinking this.

3 people like this post.
Gilchy
√úbergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 23rd, 2018, 3:17 pm

CapitalB wrote:Youtube has been quite clear regarding their policies in regards to violence and hate mongering. Thats probably only ramping up with the increase in pressure to stop fake news.

So that means that CNN clips won't be allowed on Youtube anymore? What about MSNBC?
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

the truth likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15619 posts

Postby the truth » Feb 23rd, 2018, 4:23 pm

cnn would never lie :200: [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5379 posts

Return to World