Sunday Trading ban comes into effect in Poland

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Sunday Trading ban comes into effect in Poland

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Interesting news out of Poland:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/946597/

How do you think this type of ban would go over in Canada?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Sunday Trading ban comes into effect in Poland

Post by GordonH »

I remember prior to mid 80s there was no Sunday shopping, then Supreme Court struck down the Act that kept Sunday shopping from happening.
Ever since stores have been open 7 days a week.

Added: At one time Semi trucks could not be on the road in Ontario on Sundays, from 12am to 11:59:59pm.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

GordonH wrote:I remember prior to mid 80s there was no Sunday shopping, then Supreme Court struck down the Act that kept Sunday shopping from happening.
Ever since stores have been open 7 days a week.

Added: At one time Semi trucks could not be on the road in Ontario on Sundays, from 12am to 11:59:59pm.

Interesting, I do vaguely recall that too.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I don't see what's the point.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well that settles it then, I'm not going shopping in Poland on Sundays!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Even Steven wrote:I don't see what's the point.

I think its possible that this ban would be to allow for Sunday's to be non-commercial days, no real buying or selling.

The point possibly to bring a little more soul into the week, rather than just the survival of the biology.

Personally I do not see the need for a ban or a law pertaining to such issues, I think its a personal decision for each human being and family.

I am not sure the "real" reason the ban is being put in place or accepted by the people.

Seems like babysitting to me.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

It was pretty well that way here when we moved here in 91.

We moved from Edmonton. Was amazed how nothing was open after 5 or on sunday here. Still like that to a large degree. Not as bad as it was. But not open till 9 pm or all night long like in Edmonton .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Because_They_Lie wrote:Personally I do not see the need for a ban or a law pertaining to such issues, I think its a personal decision for each human being and family.

Correct. If I don't want to shop on Sundays ... I simply don't. But if I need milk, I go and buy milk.

Don't need no government telling me what to do.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I don't see what is to be gained by doing this. It will only hurt the people.

What if you are doing a home improvement project on weekends and you have run out of nails? Wait until next weekend to start over? Could make life uncomfortable if the toilet you were replacing needed parts that you hadn't counted on, and that was the only toilet in the house of 5.

What if you got an unexpected guest for supper and couldn't accommodate the extra food?

How about those retailers that have perishable goods that will be sitting in an empty store rotting until Monday?

Shutting down the stores on Sundays will just give a whole day to shop on-line and reducing the local's market place by 1/7th
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “World”