Stephen Hawking is dead

justincase
Board Meister

Re: Stephen Hawking is dead

Post by justincase »

oldtrucker wrote::cry: This is a loss on a planetary scale. Don't know what else to say.

A dreadful loss, I was so lucky to have been able to have messaged with him, RIP Mr. Hawking!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oldtrucker wrote::cry: This is a loss on a planetary scale. Don't know what else to say.

Truly a great loss to mankind and science. His books are well worth reading as he had the ability to explain mind- bending theories in such a way that you at least feel like you understand.

He was also a beacon to those suffering from the ravages of ALS and other life altering afflictions. He never gave up or gave in. His biography is a beacon to us. The flame of great intellect burning inside Mr Hawking was his lifeforce. Now, sadly extinguished.

Fare thee well

:cry:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

One of the greatest minds of our time. A man who truly valued life despite understanding how temporary it is. Rest in peace.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

A personal hero of mine. He will be missed greatly.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Did you know he was married and had children?

He was on Star Trek and went weightless.
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Sheldon Cooper was a big fan.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Bye Stephen. One of the biggest minds of our time.
To his wife, sorry for your loss. I admire you as one of the biggest hero's of our time.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Universal scale for me. Remarkable intellect.
I've often wondered if the ALS contributed to his ability to theorize. As in how some senses become more acute after the loss of another.
Also amazed on how he was able to get to 76. Average life expectancy after diagnosis is far lower, 2-5 years. Only 5 percent will live more than 20 years after diagnosis.
So glad I am alive during his time to have experienced what a true gift he was to science and the world.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Jlabute wrote:Bye Stephen. One of the biggest minds of our time.
To his wife, sorry for your loss. I admire you as one of the biggest hero's of our time.

Indeed, kudos to those who sacrificed so much to keep Hawking alive for so long. Love is an amazing thing.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Another titan exits the stage.

:(
I am... the law!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 17th, 2018, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Return to “World”