Lesbian Couple Drives their kids off a cliff because of KKK?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Lesbian Couple Drives their kids off a cliff because of KKK?

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Lesbian Couple Drives their kids off a cliff because of

Post by Queen K »

Nevermind this stupid theory.

I want to say, what a tragic scenerio for that couple must have come up with to feel compelled to murder their adoped chidern much less commit suicide.

What mental illness must they have developed?

Paranoria delusions?

And no treatment.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A bit early to say what happened. They're basing the suicide entirely on the lack of skid marks leaving the road. A stuck throttle with ABS could just as easily be the cause. I'm not saying they didnt committ suicide, just that it's a little early for the conservatives and the Christian community to be hailing this as proof that same sex couples shouldn't marry and shouldn't adopt. At this point it's a tragedy without an answer, not something to be exploited to further a political or religious narrative.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The dude in the OP is neither a conservative nor a Christian.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Poindexter wrote:A bit early to say what happened. They're basing the suicide entirely on the lack of skid marks leaving the road. A stuck throttle with ABS could just as easily be the cause. I'm not saying they didnt committ suicide, just that it's a little early for the conservatives and the Christian community to be hailing this as proof that same sex couples shouldn't marry and shouldn't adopt. At this point it's a tragedy without an answer, not something to be exploited to further a political or religious narrative.

Mechanical problem or chemical imbalance...............police will figure it out.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:The dude in the OP is neither a conservative nor a Christian.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Matt C. appears to be brilliant at spinning news events to support conservative narratives. He keeps his news accurate but even in that video he skipped the part where the police reports says the cause is inconclusive. Instead he launched straight into an attack against lesbian parent's support for liberal causes.

His hit peice on Jordan Peterson and those that listen to him was a bit telling as to his political lean.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Poindexter wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Matt C. appears to be brilliant at spinning news events to support conservative narratives.

Well, I should specify better. He considered himself to be left-wing until recently (I saw him mention that in another video). Even then, he's from Montana, so as things go, a left-winger in Montana is often to the right of a right-winger in California. It's like how you have an NDP premier in Alberta who probably to the right of most conservatives/BC Liberals in BC.
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Good point, perspective does make a difference and certainly from my perspective he's more conservatuve than he is liberal. The opinion he expressed in the video mirrors what's being said in conservative and Christian sites which indicates he knows his fan base and isn't afraid to spin things to keep his patrons happy.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Poindexter wrote:Good point, perspective does make a difference and certainly from my perspective he's more conservatuve than he is liberal. The opinion he expressed in the video mirrors what's being said in conservative and Christian sites which indicates he knows his fan base and isn't afraid to spin things to keep his patrons happy.

I fail to see how religion has anything to do with this. He's an atheist, but from what he says he could just as easily be a Christian, Muslim, Sikh, or Hindu and say the same thing. From what I gather, his fan base is mostly secular, so I don't think catering to one religious view or another would help his patreons happy.

The point he was making is that it's a bit nutty to blame this on the KKK. He's not giving the reason why it happened. Instead, he's discussing the nutty reason given for why it happened.
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Fact is the right and Christian groups are sadly going to have field day with this tragedy. I just thought it's out of line for anyone to do this in the first place, but particularly before we even know what happened.

Return to “World”