Drag Queens Banned from Pride Parade

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Drag Queens Banned from Pride Parade

Post by Glacier »

Free Pride Glasgow, which bills itself as being a "non-commercial" and more open-minded alternative to the traditional Glasgow LGBT pride events, is taking drastic steps to prevent the oppression of marginalized peoples, banning drag queens from its annual parade.

After extensive consideration, the Free Pride Glasgow committee members decided that having men dressed as women giving stellar performances during the event would be offensive to transgender individuals, and that non-binary people within their ranks would be “uncomfortable with having drag performances."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29300/pr ... ly-zanotti
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Drag Queens Banned from Pride Parade

Post by the truth »

open minded my a $$
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Recently has anything made any sense in the administration of some of the Gay Pride Parades ???

A couple of years ago the Black Lives Matter were allowed in the Toronto GPP, they staged a sit down and stopped the parade until the Toronto organizers agreed to ban the police from marching the following year.

Ah,,,, this was an event held to show "inclusion".

What the heck are guests (the Black Lives Matter people) doing dictating to the GPP people who is going to march in their parade ???

Now police are banned in Vancouver, no idea what other cities.

I guess in the gay community they have a different definition of "inclusion". Gee I wonder what reaction a store or restaurant would get if it put a sign in the window "No Gays Allowed In This Establishment". (other than breaching the law)

The gay community wants and needs to build and improve their relationship with the police. All across Canada it has been steadily improving. In the East there seems to be more work needed there than out West, especially with the botched serial killer investigation.

Blacks as well have problems with mostly Eastern police, but shouldn't that be for them to work on, why involved the GPP ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Black Lives Matter is run by fundamentalist Muslims who are funded by dudes who call for Gays to thrown from buildings, which explains the Toronto ban on police.

Now, this is NOT an endorsement of Milo or Breitbart, but I think this is one of the post prophetic pieces written in the past decade...

Minority Wars: Why The Next Ten Years Will Set Everyone Against Everyone
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:Black Lives Matter is run by fundamentalist Muslims who are funded by dudes who call for Gays to thrown from buildings, which explains the Toronto ban on police.

Now, this is NOT an endorsement of Milo or Breitbart, but I think this is one of the post prophetic pieces written in the past decade...

Minority Wars: Why The Next Ten Years Will Set Everyone Against Everyone

Who won't admit that a campaign to divide us further by creating divisions within divisions isn't under way. We all saw how easily the Russian troll factory managed to expand already existing social rifts by exploiting people's desire to participate in activism. The black lives matter group they made up called "Blacktivist" set up rally's in which people showed up not knowing who was pulling their strings. It's a problem that only gets worse when we have someone like Trump on the news all day, who also knows how to exploit these rifts. Our own prime minister has a habit of taking things so far to the left that the obvious backlash only moves things in the opposite direction he intended. It is a problem that I've seen grow year after year on our little fb. People posting things that promote such extreme ideologies that they attract equally extreme rebuttals and inevitably move the other poster in the opposite direction.

The article does provide some food for thought of where this is all headed but IMO this isn't just a problem on the left. Hopefully he's wrong about the end result but from my perspective there is some merit to what he's saying.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “World”