Attacking Syria

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Attacking Syria

Post by Symbonite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/223 ... king-Syria

Funny they still wont attack North Korea....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Attacking Syria

Post by Omnitheo »

Attack North Korea for what exactly?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Would be a shame if one of the cruise missiles were to go off course and land beside Mr. Assad.

Wonder how long before Syria releases footage of the carnage at a hospital or orphanage "mistakenly bombed by the US"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnitheo wrote:Attack North Korea for what exactly?

Does North Korea have oil? No? You're right.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Breaking...

Sources have confirmed Justin Trudeau has fired a terse tweet towards Syria.

tweet.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Terse tweets have only so much cache.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

What a joke. US asks Russia for airspace. Russia says ok and tells Assad to move his weapons. Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Queen K wrote:Terse tweets have only so much cache.

True that, - and I might add other pressing national interests.

Sorry for taking the poke - I'm suffering from a really bad case of Syrian empathy fatigue syndrome.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

im hoping that the russians have enough and start to have fun with the U.S. then we can see how tough the US really are and if they have the metal to fight a war they may actually lose. syria is a russian ally. i think that the russians will let things happen and then annex syria too. imagine how apoplectic the US and allies will be if that happens?
i guess the US and allies wont be the only ones with puppet countries and leadership.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135:
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

I guess if you make allegations and repeat them three times they become facts? Do allegations give the "west" permission to attack another country? Does it not seem strange when Trump said he was moving his army out of Syria. something happens to draw the war back?
I guess the innocent civilians that are killed or maimed by the missile attacks will be covered up as collateral damage.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Today president Donald Trump became a true dictator.
https://boingboing.net/2018/04/14/secre ... s.html/amp
For the first time, a US president has classified the legal justification for taking publicly acknowledged actions

It's not uncommon for legal opinions from the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel to be classified; whenever the President wants to do something nefarious -- like authorizing the CIA's program of torture -- he'll get a memo out of the OLC, and then classify the whole thing: the action and its justification.

But Trump's memo justifying his decision to bomb Syria is classified, while the bombing, obviously, isn't.

What's more, the level of secrecy slapped on the OLC memo explaining how the President could order an act of war when the Constitution explicitly says that Congress alone can authorize this is so secret that even Congress isn't allowed to see it.

That's right: the President got a secret memo drafted that explains why he can go to war without Congressional approval, and Congress isn't allowed to read that memo.

When GW Bush kept his torture-authorizing memos a secret, it was because he wanted to keep the torture a secret, too. But Trump isn't even keeping up with that pretense of internal consistency. Instead, the justification for taking an action that the President personally announced on his Twitter feed is, "I don't want you to know."

So the general outlines of Trump’s legal basis for Friday’s bombing are fairly clear. There also are truly extreme. As Jack Goldsmith, one of the heads of the OLC during the Bush administration, has said, it’s a perspective that “places no limit at all on the president’s ability to use significant military force unilaterally.”

That would be bad enough, of course, if everything were out in the open. But at least then it could be debated on specifics, rather than supposition. Instead, we have allowed the Constitution to be eviscerated to the point that not only does the president have nearly unlimited war powers, we can’t even say exactly why.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

There is no legal justification, period.

This is an aggression against a sovereign state, violating the UN Charter and international law.

IMO, the pendulum the US swings out is going to come back, the only question is when.
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Wasn't a United Nation commision was supposed to examine the results of the alleged chemical weapons use on Saturday? So, the US attacked the country with no justification just simply because they want to?

What kind of bully tactic is that?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Symbonite wrote:Funny they still wont attack North Korea....

Because North Korea can actually fight back. Syria can't.

Return to “World”