Drunk excuse

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Drunk excuse

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#239963 when in rome ,dip sh :cuss:it, hope you rot in jail
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Drunk excuse

Post by TreeGuy »

"she's not OK mentally"

Yeah I kinda got that right from reading that you spray painted an ancient artifact.

I'm guessing West Jet won't be letting you keep your job. Way to disgrace yourself.

giphy.gif
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-239963-5-.htm#239963 when in rome ,dip sh :cuss:it, hope you rot in jail

10 years is a little harsh but I think at least 1 or so and maybe she isn't a dip**** the rest of her life. Who cares how drunk she was, she's an adult, deal with it. I really have little sympathy for her here.

Odds are though she doesn't end up in too much trouble, parents pay a huge fine she comes home and then talks **** about being in jail and that she sure showed that wall all over facebook.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Some people need to check the do's & don't before traveling to a foreign country. Not all countries are so easy on crime like Canada i.e tagging/vandalism.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

what an idiot... 10 years in a Thai prison, she wouldn't survive.

reminds me of this book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damage_Done_(book)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: hope you rot in jail

A 23 year old that's never been in trouble before should face repercussions but rotting in jail shouldn't be one of them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Agreed however mommy and daddy to the rescue and then getting off scott free isn't right either and letting her go home will be that.

Loss of passport for 10 years added perhaps? Maybe three months fine and then go home?

I guess another question is, why should she not be applicable to local laws for misdeeds?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Veovis wrote:Agreed however mommy and daddy to the rescue and then getting off scott free isn't right either and letting her go home will be that.

Loss of passport for 10 years added perhaps? Maybe three months fine and then go home?

I guess another question is, why should she not be applicable to local laws for misdeeds?

I doubt she'll get off scot free but here's one opinion:

In a “typical Thai procedure,” Lefevre added that police took the pair back to the previously defaced wall after they had admitted their actions to police. She said that the “routine” action, which looks like a march of shame, would have been the case if it was domestic or foreign-born suspects.

She added that it’s still too early to tell what will happen next but it “seems unlikely” that the pair will face the maximum jail term because of the millions of tourists who arrive in Thailand every year.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/this-is-e ... -1.4141706
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Oh the "max sentence" was our media making a huge social media "get more likes" reporting they do these days.

I'm betting that sentence is for people that actually harm or destroy a historical monument not paint it, but sadly our media is facebook idiots and no longer reporters.

Maybe a small caning would be ok, seems she may have not been spanked as a kid so......lol...

Imprisonment would make an international incident overall so certainly it will be the three days (she'll write a BS a book about for some damn reason) and a fine that is likely less than the max as well.

What would I like to see? Still like the 10 year no passport to travel and a secondary no knowledge to her that should she make a profit off this story all actual proceeds are forfeit and sent to the Thai government after the fact to remind her that being a ****head doesn't pay.....or shouldn't.

I love how the mom says her daughter has never been in trouble....well ya...if you ignore it you get a ****head mom, such a shock
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Let her rot.

Doing something like that is uncalled for and there's no excuse.

I have traveled all over the world and get drunk in pretty much every place I visit. Never desecrated something or vandalized anything. That's not a normal drunk behavior
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Oct 24th, 2018, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

We can't keep bailing out Canadian idiots who get themselves in crap in other countries.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No jail time but a $4,000 fine.

Schneider, who is 22, tells CTV News her sentence was initially reduced to one year in prison and a financial penalty of around $4,000 before the judge ruled no jail time, but kept the fine in place.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#241809

Reading her Facebook page I hope she followed through on the volunteering she was talking about - giving back to the community is a fair way to make amends.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

not a chance ...........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sure it is - especially if the community is embracing it. Certainly here in Canada the penalty doesn't seem to be as stiff.

Return to “World”