Racist or are people over the top

mexi cali
Guru

Racist or are people over the top

Post by mexi cali »

Megan Kelly is out of work. Not that that's a bad thing, I think it was coming anyhow. But the reasons being touted publicly have me wondering, are we all going slowly crazy and losing our perspective?

She was talking about Halloween with a guest and she was saying that when she was a kid, they used to sometimes don blackface and dress up as black characters. She went on to say that you certainly wouldn't do it today.

Then, the twitter verse blew up and the majority condemned her as a racist.

I found myself going "huh?"

Then Al roker dresses up as Doc Brown from BTTF and people are suggesting that his choice of character (white, which he is not) makes him racially insensitive.

Then, some high ranking government employee in Ontario, dresses as a Metis figure from the 1800s and he is condemned as being racially insensitive.

The argument is that if you haven't walked in their shoes, you cannot pretend to be them.

With that logic, there would be no zombie costumes, no astronauts, no super heros, no Disney characters. Basically, no costumes allowed.

Am I missing something or have we gone way, way down a road where we have lost all perspective and common sense?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Racist or are people over the top

Post by Jlabute »

I don't think you've missed anything. Mostly the PC left are going total bonkers and not necessarily because anything in particular offends anyone, but the left has ideologically mutated and ramped-up efforts to control all speech and thought that has the slightest appearance of offense (to them)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

The earth has definitely been knocked off of its axis and if you wouldn't mind stopping it now I'd like to get off.

If the stuff you listed isn't "okay" then how is this...

tenor (3).gif

How does the PM get a pass for this cultural appropriation?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

TreeGuy wrote:
How does the PM get a pass for this cultural expropriation?

It's "cultural appropriation". And the rule is - "it's ok if a Liberal does it". Somehow this isn't hypocritical either. Don't even try to explain that one to me.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Schools were warning students against costumes depicting "cultural appropiation." When can kid get to be a kid anymore?

What the h e ll is going on?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Thanks for correcting me there!

It looks like Al Roker is helping to set up the guidelines on this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.36.59 AM.png
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

so I can wear a sombrero and pancho for Halloween and talk with an outrageous Cheech Marin accent, but as long as I don't color my skin I'm good to go? Interesting. Will keep on file for next year.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:so I can wear a sombrero and pancho for Halloween and talk with an outrageous Cheech Marin accent, but as long as I don't color my skin I'm good to go? Interesting. Will keep on file for next year.

There is always the tanning bed :smt045
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ka-El wrote:There is always the tanning bed :smt045

Or use Agent Orange like Trump.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

They Actually Fell For It
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Megyn Kelly may be disadvantaged by being the only honest smart person left in Hollywood. I have two co-workers (one white, one Indian) who dressed up as each other on Halloween. They loved it, we loved it, it was hilarious watching friends dress as each other with no thought of calling it appropriation or racist. It is not illegal to be rude if it is even rude. I hope these people, if possible, sue the socks off of the big companies that fired them. This is just one of the reasons the left is falling all over the globe, for perpetuating this brainless hatred for practically non-offensive things. All Megyn has to do now is the normal leftist thing of accusing the execs of sexual harassment even if it didn't happen. There is likely something that has the appearance of harassment. Due process not required.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/nurse-loses-job-sharing-photo-blackface-beyonce-costume-facebook-144034220.html

https://torontosun.com/news/world/ups-fires-employee-for-wearing-blackface-as-part-of-costume/wcm/cc5ab1dd-21bc-4106-8e52-1bc7c83a8b88
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
OhMyDarlin
Fledgling

Post by OhMyDarlin »

I am in a mixed marriage. As the white half, I say this stuff is over the top. My black wife says white folks will never understand.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

don lemon is a racist https://globalnews.ca/news/4622175/don- ... or-threat/ but its ok i guess because blacks can not be racist, if don lemon was white and said that about blacks he would of been fired by now cnn is a joke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:The earth has definitely been knocked off of its axis and if you wouldn't mind stopping it now I'd like to get off.

If the stuff you listed isn't "okay" then how is this...

tenor (3).gif

How does the PM get a pass for this cultural appropriation?

excellent point, but its not racist if a left winger does it its only racist if a right winger does it, so how f up that is
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: ... its not racist if a left winger does it its only racist if a right winger does it, ...

:135: not really that simplistic, but if it helps you to remember this way what could be the harm?

Return to “World”