Wikileaks guy arrested

Jmfva
Übergod

Re: Wikileaks guy arrested

Post by Jmfva »

Vacancyrate wrote:
The left is mad that Wikileaks made Hillary look bad, so they are all now cheering and high fiveing the CIA as the US government literally outlaws journalism.

"as the "right wing GOP" US government literally outlaws journalism"... FTFY.

They shouldn't be able to do this...
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Jmfva wrote:Fox and friends were praising Assange this morning.

I just watched MSNBC drag Julians name through the mud and then repeated every CIA talking point ever said about Wikileaks verbatim for about 5 minutes.

Then at the end of the story they mentioned a little blurb about how Wikileaks "showed a helicopter video that was controversial" - what they are talking about is this video in which the US military killed journalists and children with a helicopter in Iraq and laughed about it and covered it up for years. You know - THE BIGGEST STORY IN THE LAST 20 YEARS?

The US Government says this never happened. MSNBC calls it "some helicopter video"

If Trump doesn't pardon him... seems very suspicious.

The Obama Admin refused to go through with this charge because it effectively kills all journalism. It really will be interesting to see what Trump does because it's his oldschool staff that are pushing this.

Funny to think that because of the Russia Hoax story Trump has to worry about looking soft on Russia so if Trump actually did want to save journalism, he won't be able to pardon Wikileaks without being called a "Russian spy". That means the left wing media is pushing Trump to...kill journalism and government leakers.

FOX is suddenly the REAL left media, that's crazy!

I told all you pushing the Trump/Russia hoax that it would come back to bite you.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Both right and left will support Assange. It is only the media and apparently Mike Pompeo and company out to hang Assange. If you stand with the common man you stand with Wikileaks.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

If the US can force the arrest and then extradite foreigners like Assange on foreign soil for publishing docs, what prevents China or Iran or, you know, Russia for doing the same to US journalists who publish secrets about them?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Anther person's comment from Gizmodo sums it up well for me:

https://gizmodo.com/julian-assange-dragged-out-of-ecuadorian-embassy-and-ar-1833964012

I’m really conflicted about this. I think Wikileaks did do some important work revealing some truly troubling information that needed to be revealed. I also think Julian Assange was obviously involved in the work and was portrayed, at least, as the figurehead of the organization, however I think he’s also probably a huge narcissist who played up his own importance and wasn’t as integral to the nitty gritty of Wikileaks’ work as he’d like everyone to think. I also have a very hard time trying to understand what Wikileaks’ purpose actually is. I suppose maybe it should have been obvious, but it seems that their only purpose is revealing secrets without any underlying political ethos driving them, which would explain why the left and the right have alternately loved and reviled them. It also makes them dangerous, I think, but I don’t know if it’s dangerous enough to want to shut them down entirely. I have also read that Assange is an *bleep* that wears out his welcome wherever he couchsurfs. He’s plausibly, but not definitively, been accused of being a rapist. I think he’s brought most of this on himself and I can’t help but feel a bit of schadenfreude at his arrest, however I don’t trust the US government to treat him fairly if they get their hands on him. I honestly fear for his safety and also worry about what sort of propaganda they’ll churn out from trying him; it’ll be false or obviously exaggerated and stupid, but a lot of people eat up false or obviously exaggerated and stupid *bleep* these days (or maybe always.) Whatever the case, this should drive the news cycle for a good 12 hours or so, so watch out for what the Trump administration tris to slip in under the radar while we’re distracted.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Ya he did do it to himself. Can not blame anyone else. In my mind. He is an instant martyr.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Here is an angle i dreamt up. Trump organized this. To pardon Assange a few days before the election. Huge bi partisan support for Assange. Would look good on Trump. Doubt he does it. But sure would make him look good
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

It would be crazy that Trump ends up saving the press, because the same people who have been freaking out over Trump's tweets about how CNN sucks and talking about "attacks on the press" are largely silent about Wikileaks and Julian's arrest.

I'll say this, the Donald Trump subreddit on Reddit is Trumps biggest online fanbase and they are currently the biggest supporter of Wikileaks. Not just because of the DNC leaks about the Democrats - but many Trump supporters are current or ex military and they do not like what their government lied about that made them end up with missing limbs and broken minds.

Trump does what his fans want.

His fans are "HUUUUUUGE" Wikileaks supporters.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Has got to be the worlds most important and most famous Australian. I can not think of another Australian who ever made such a big splash.

I really do hope Trump pardons this man. After all. Trump owes at least a tip of the hat to Wikileaks who released all the DNC emails at election time. God bless Wikileaks. We may have had Hillary.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

"Has got to be the worlds most important and most famous Australian. I can not think of another Australian who ever made such a big splash. "
2 words - Steve Irwin
Julian should have not ticked off his protectors ( covering cameras, attacking guards there to protect him) Was costing a fortune to shelter him.
One of the worlds best hackers tho. And he served no jail time for hacking Nortel.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Country plough boy
Übergod

Assange has so much dirt on so many people. The trial should be quite the spectacle
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

normaM wrote:Julian should have not ticked off his protectors ( covering cameras, attacking guards there to protect him) Was costing a fortune to shelter him.

I love how people totally eat up CIA propaganda.

He never covered cameras and attacked guards. That's all part of the character assassination about him (he smells, he has bad hygiene, he lets his cat poop everywhere ect) by the CIA and US Justice Department.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Vacancyrate wrote:I love how people totally eat up CIA propaganda.

He never covered cameras and attacked guards. That's all part of the character assassination about him (he smells, he has bad hygiene, he lets his cat poop everywhere etc) by the CIA and US Justice Department.

Any proof to back up your claims?
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou

Return to “World”