Sunday, November 23rd3.3°C

A break from the forums.....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: A break from the forums.....

Postby Glacier » Nov 11th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Castanet is like the Hotel California... you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Eyepop hasn't posted for over a year, and Hotchip hasn't made an appearance for 2 years to the day ... and here they are letting us know they are still here. The only way to "leave" short of going 6 feet under is to reincarnate under a new name. Several posters actively posting on Castanet have done this, but I'm not sure why.

Welcome to the Hotel California.
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."
Glacier
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1548 posts

Postby Roadster » Nov 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm

And I thought no one was gonna catch it the hotel thing, good on you Glacier.

I think tho that some may have come back under a different name for a few reasons,,, gone for a while and forgot password, werent happy with the old name,,, Or, even sneaking back in after being banned,,, who knows. Just goes to show ya that people do like it here tho.
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Liked in: 612 posts
Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Postby WhatThe » Nov 11th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Roadster wrote:
I think tho that some may have come back under a different name for a few reasons,,, gone for a while and forgot password, werent happy with the old name,,, Or, even sneaking back in after being banned,,, who knows. Just goes to show ya that people do like it here tho.

Tell me again why we enjoy reading the bottom half of societies poorly written drivel? I mean, I'm face palming so often that bike guy could get a complete set of prints from my forehead.
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation, and war, and cruelty. People are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem.
WhatThe
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 106 posts

Postby Roadster » Nov 11th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Splain please,,,
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Postby normaM » Nov 11th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Ha! from the mouths of Babes
If you allow it then don't complain about it
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 351 posts

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Nov 11th, 2012, 4:22 pm

WhatThe wrote:Tell me again why we enjoy reading the bottom half of societies poorly written drivel? I mean, I'm face palming so often that bike guy could get a complete set of prints from my forehead.

:coffeecanuck:
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Guru

Liked in: 147 posts

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Nov 11th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Roadster wrote:And I thought no one was gonna catch it the hotel thing, good on you Glacier.

Anyone old enough would probably know the entire lyrics of that song. I do. LOL !!
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Guru

Liked in: 147 posts

Postby fluffy » Nov 11th, 2012, 8:05 pm

I would urge bikeguy25 and anyone else feeling this sort of frustration to avail themselves of the "friend & foe" function on the user control panel. You can remove all posts of any individual poster with a couple of clicks of the mouse much the same way as you can choose your friends in real life. I don't deny that there are people around that lack the emotional stability to be able behave with some semblance of dignity when posting anonymously, but that doesn't mean I have to let them into my living room so to speak.
quick - report this post to a mod
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1030 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 12th, 2012, 7:18 am

Ya, like me and "B", it says he wrote something, but what do I care?
Please stop bragging on facebook about how great the Okanagan is right now, or they'll want to move here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 1059 posts

Postby Bsuds » Nov 12th, 2012, 7:22 am

Did someone say something? :dyinglaughing:
Mixing up your and you're is like mixing up catastrophe and cat ass trophy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 2859 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 12th, 2012, 7:22 am

WHAT?
Please stop bragging on facebook about how great the Okanagan is right now, or they'll want to move here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 1059 posts

Postby emc group » Nov 12th, 2012, 7:31 am

Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.
emc group
Fledgling

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Bsuds » Nov 12th, 2012, 7:36 am

emc group wrote:Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.

If you check his status he last visited Nov 11 @ 21:29....he is seeing these.
Mixing up your and you're is like mixing up catastrophe and cat ass trophy.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 2859 posts

Postby Roadster » Nov 12th, 2012, 8:42 am

Bsuds wrote:
emc group wrote:Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.

If he chooses to see them. Might just be going to PMs with certain people or reading other threads.

Anyway he made his point. He probably will be back on later. I think most people get frusterated at some point, some just need to take a break is all.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Postby ukcanuck » Nov 12th, 2012, 9:05 am

Roadster wrote:
Bsuds wrote:

If he chooses to see them. Might just be going to PMs with certain people or reading other threads.

Anyway he made his point. He probably will be back on later. I think most people get frusterated at some point, some just need to take a break is all.

Just take the break then as most do. Why the melodrama? Why start an entire thread over it?

This is an internet forum people have opinions, every other profession gets it in the neck, teachers, doctors, lawyers, politicians etc etc you throw up your opinion and people shoot them down.

You dont like it, go home... And you just know bike guy is reading these that why he started the thread in the first place... His ego is why he did it and I suspect the reason why he's all poop in a knot about it is because his ego cant take it.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Liked in: 0 post

PreviousNext

Return to Social, Economic and Environmental Concerns