Thursday, September 18th16.4°C

Dog Crazy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Dog Crazy

Postby kibbs » Feb 10th, 2013, 3:05 pm

in case you thought i was going to bread my cat for deep frying
not cool man.jpg
not cool man.jpg (5.48 KiB) Viewed 202 times

You must see how the lack of regard for an animals dignity can lead to abuse to get a good selfie. There is always a dark side.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Piecemaker » Feb 10th, 2013, 6:31 pm

:dyinglaughing: Like I said people have been dressing up and taking pictures of their pets for years. Which kid hasn't tried to dress up a cat or a dog? Some pets will let you...and others hiss and scratch. Knock on the door of any pet owner in Kelowna and their pets will not be wearing costumes, bread on their head, or body painting in nearly all instances.
I'm guessing then that you are against kids wearing Halloween costumes because it "demeans" them?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 238 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 10th, 2013, 6:46 pm

I'm guessing then that you are against kids wearing Halloween costumes because it "demeans" them?

Kids beg to wear Halloween costumes and never scratch or hiss .My brother use to put clothes pins on or dogs tale. I've heard people feeding dogs alcohol like they were a fellow partier. Spoil and personify your pet if you must but we don't all think its cool.
Like I said people have been dressing up and taking pictures of their pets for years. Which kid hasn't tried to dress up a cat or a dog? Some pets will let yo

Kids yes Kids we all tried it when we were kids .We learned then and our parents taught us pets don't like that ! Grow Up!
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby juz516 » Feb 10th, 2013, 6:54 pm

My brother use to put clothes pins on or dogs tale. I've heard people feeding dogs alcohol like they were a fellow partier

HUGE difference between putting clothes pins on a dog's tail and/or feeding them alcohol as opposed to putting on clothes...you're just fishing to try to justify your attitude. My sharpei absolutely hates wearing a jacket...so she doesn't...but it is totally obvious she hates it - head and tail down and her body language says NO. Any of the dogs in the pics or in that video did not act in any way that they were hating it.
My parents never said a darned thing unless the dog was not happy about it or if we were hurting them to do it.
juz516
Board Meister

Postby kibbs » Feb 10th, 2013, 7:00 pm

My parents never said a darned thing unless the dog was not happy about it or if we were hurting them to do it.

i was taught our dog was our friend and protector not a toy or a creature to be disrespected.i suppose yall like honey boo boo to.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby juz516 » Feb 10th, 2013, 7:09 pm

i was taught our dog was our friend and protector not a toy or a creature to be disrespected.i suppose yall like honey boo boo to.

Give me a freaking break. I have had animals as far back as I can remember....and have never....NEVER...harmed any either animal or human. I was taught to love all living things...the problem is that humans have to earn that...but some are so opinionated and biased they are difficult to have anything to do with. THAT is the problem with society these days....nothing to do with dressing up pets. You talk like you are the only one that knows anything about anything....but you are so very sadly mistaken.
sidenote: Now, Honey Boo Boo is a whole different ballgame....sheer bs IMO...and she is a HUMAN. I could likely agree with you on that one! LOLOL But from the posts, there would be very little else.
juz516
Board Meister

Postby kibbs » Feb 10th, 2013, 7:44 pm

You talk like you are the only one that knows anything about anything

interesting point that's why i love forums they are mirrors .i get the feeling that my inner dialogue can be overbearing ,a once crushed ego growing too fast and mutated ,i will value this more than anything .thankyou
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Piecemaker » Feb 10th, 2013, 8:17 pm

kibbs wrote:Kids beg to wear Halloween costumes and never scratch or hiss .

Yeah right. Non-verbal wee ones ask to be put in a pumpkin, ladybug, puppy, pig, bumblebee, cat, clown...and so on costumes.
They ask to be photographed inside a real pumpkin or wearing reindeer ears!
It's not a big deal. It makes people smile and the pets happy to be fussed over.
And really, MOST people don't bother. No one in my immediate family dresses their animals and takes silly pictures. We just aren't creative that way!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Postby juz516 » Feb 10th, 2013, 9:21 pm

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His
Ways
And No Message Could've
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make That . . .
Change!

No one could have said it better
Or..."Try to be the person your dog thinks you are"
juz516
Board Meister

Postby Fancy » Feb 11th, 2013, 9:58 am

Funny how some dogs will come up to you to get their collars on - or how some want their coats on to go outside.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 934 posts

Postby juz516 » Feb 11th, 2013, 10:27 am

for sure...my russell sits and waits for his coat...my sharpei wants nothing....and look out when I get out the harnesses and leashes! LOLOL They definitely can let you know when they are displeased and/or happy/excited!
juz516
Board Meister

Postby fvkasm2x » Feb 11th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Hmmm wrote:Now this is cute. Little dogs make people smile. People need more smiles= people need little dogs.

That thing in the tutu was scary, not cute. I have no idea why anyone would do that.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 11th, 2013, 2:17 pm

kibbs wrote:I am not the only one who think these trends are strange
Hope you don't think this cartoon depicts a real life situation.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 934 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Hope you don't think this cartoon depicts a real life situation.

No but it shows the creators of south parks opinion on the trend.Using paris hilton as the pinnacle of small dog posers.
My step father a Swiss dude in his 80s, says that during the war German officers would get their wife lap dogs to keep them from straying,while off to battle./They were trained for the job apparently.I grew up on a farm where no animal was above another except maybe the dog a little .The dog had his own house out side and came in on only the coldest of nights.It had purpose and was praised for a job well done,People who carried lap dogs were always believed to be pretentious and their barky little dogs highly annoying. Puntable was the word that was used to describe them.Unless your the Queen walking her corgis in my opinion you are being pretentious. That's just where i'm comin from.I would highly doubt her Royal highness would lower her or her dogs dignity by breading them.If i had my choice Id be a farm dog free to run and kill critters.
TheQueen21_GQ_13apr11_pa_b_320x480.jpg
TheQueen21_GQ_13apr11_pa_b_320x480.jpg (60.85 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 11th, 2013, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Piecemaker » Feb 11th, 2013, 5:08 pm

The queen has corgis, not yorkies, and I doubt they live outside and only come in on the coldest of winter nights the way you believe dogs should be treated because that's how you were raised. Lap dogs also can have jobs to do and enjoy receiving praise. Sometimes just "being" is an important enough role.
You do know that Paris Hilton is the exception, rather than the norm, don't you?! That aside, I bet her dogs are quite well taken care of and happy!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

PreviousNext

Return to Social, Economic and Environmental Concerns