Saturday, October 25th8.7°C

Dog Crazy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Dog Crazy

Postby Bsuds » Feb 11th, 2013, 5:35 pm

I wouldn't take the rantings of someone who can't tell the difference between a Corgi and a Yorkie too serious.
I know quite a few dog owners and have never seen a dog dressed up in anything much more than a coat or sweater and maybe some booties to protect their feet in cold weather.
I think he's lifting his leg on the wrong tree. :127:
Recent medical research has shown that a Woman who carries a bit of excess weight lives much longer than a man who mentions it!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 2701 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 5:42 pm

PARIS HILTON's desperate search for her lost dog TINKERBELL could have been
avoided if the hotel heiress had a better memory - she'd forgotten her pooch
was staying with her grandparents.
The star of reality TV show THE SIMPLE LIFE dropped the dog off at her
relatives and subsequently lost all recollection of the event, forcing her to
believe it had gone missing.
It was only after Tinkerbell's plight started gaining publicity that the
grandparents' housekeeper called and reminded the socialite where her pooch
was, reports website PAGESIX.COM.
Hilton offered a $5,000 (GBP2,770) reward for the dog's return after it
went 'missing' earlier this month (ends13AUG04)
Im not so sure about that.
When you grow up on a farm .Its different. There are no homeless cause everyone in a small community helps .No ones rich but no one does with out .Unless your really rich having a frivolous animal is a waste .Animals make money.for human survival.Cows cost so much to raise and you get that plus x dollars to slaughter. only livestalk has a dollar value .Dogs and cats are free .you don't buy them they are shared.the pound would pick up strays and if you wanted one you would go pick one up.
If you wanted a cat you went and got a flat of eggs and a kitten for free.If your dog or cat got sick or injured badly.you put it down and ended it s suffering.If it couldn't function well among other animals it would be naturally selected.

In the world I came from people always came first .animals had there place .I hope the sensibilities I was raised with don't offend you as much as the selfish pet pandering ways offend me.Paris Hilton is a Joke.
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 11th, 2013, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 5:48 pm

The queen has corgis

Thankyou :cursor:
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Bsuds » Feb 11th, 2013, 5:50 pm

kibbs wrote:Paris Hilton is a Joke.

Well at least you have that right.
Recent medical research has shown that a Woman who carries a bit of excess weight lives much longer than a man who mentions it!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 2701 posts

Postby juz516 » Feb 11th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Kibbs: I really hate to burst your bubble, but those days are gone....long gone. That is definitely not the norm any more....even in a farming community. Time to slide yourself into present day, maybe? I have a sister that believes that everything should be as the world was when she was 8. It isn't. period. not even close.
juz516
Board Meister

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 7:04 pm

in a farming community. Time to slide yourself into present day, maybe? I have a sister that believes that everything should be as the world was when she was 8. It isn't. period. not even close

much has changed and not all for the good.I still get my pets free ,still let them be free animals as much as I can ,And you can still get coke in a glass bottle.Things only slide down if you let them.Change is good .Whens it gonna change back?It is a TREND
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Feb 11th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Kibbs wrote :
They dress these dogs up and their lives resemble that of a toddler than a dog. i've seen people spend huge bucks to private puppy mills.What is this shift where people care more about animals than people? where a story with people and a dog makes the news but alone and homeless doesn't matter.

You think my rant is petty but people have become more occupied with their pets (which has become an extension of ones persona) than helping others.

First he said " people care more about animals than people " and " helping others ".
It took 6 pages to tell us that this thread is really all about Paris Hilton. The way she dresses her dog and all the media attention about losing her dog. He just doesn't like her. I can understand that. She's pretty flaky and superficial.
Maybe Paris doesn't care about the homeless and helping others but you can't assume that all dog lovers who treat their dogs like children are just like her.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Guru

Liked in: 140 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 7:21 pm

I was wondering if I was alone with this question so I asked YAHOO .heres the most popular answer
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

There are a few valid reasons to put clothing on a dog--a raincoat, a coat or sweater to keep certain types of dogs warm in cold weather.

Dressing the dog up for any other reason isn't necessarily cruel, but is ridiculous. Most people who do that are treating their dogs like children and have obnoxious, bratty, poorly trained dogs who run their households in my experience.
here's that forum
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 107AAfoZte
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 7:24 pm

First he said " people care more about animals than people " and " helping others ".
It took 6 pages to tell us that this thread is really all about Paris Hilton. The way she dresses her dog and all the media attention about losing her dog. He just doesn't like her. I can understand that. She's pretty flaky and superficial.
Maybe Paris doesn't care about the homeless and helping others but you can't assume that all dog lovers who treat their dogs like children are just like her.

If you read more you will also see that I think that Paris and those like her are the tip of the iceberg .Everyone is being a spoiled brat.It sucks.If i had no argument then no one would be arguing.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Fancy » Feb 11th, 2013, 8:00 pm

kibbs wrote:No but it shows the creators of south parks opinion on the trend.

You think South Park knows of a dog trend that is of any significance?
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 1078 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 11th, 2013, 8:13 pm

kibbs wrote:If you read more you will also see that I think that Paris and those like her are the tip of the iceberg .Everyone is being a spoiled brat.It sucks.If i had no argument then no one would be arguing.
Doesnt seem to be about dogs then does it.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Doesnt seem to be about dogs then does it.

Nope nothin to do with dogs .Its all about people .People who are DOG CRAZY!!! :nutzoid:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby kibbs » Feb 11th, 2013, 9:04 pm

You think South Park knows of a dog trend that is of any significance?

I think Stone and Parker Know exactly what is trending and make a very good living satirizing IT
Have You watched Team America or seen reviws on the book of Mormon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBX47zSktc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EF95i2UY0
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby juz516 » Feb 11th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Everyone is being a spoiled brat.It sucks.If i had no argument then no one would be arguing.

Who, exactly, is arguing with you? And how in the world is "everyone being a spoiled brat", as you put it?
You don't like it? Don't look. Instead, check the "man in the mirror" and "make the change". lolol Maybe you can explain to me, in your special way, why it really makes a huge difference in your life that someone puts clothes on a dog?
IMO anyone who watches Southpark is a little off anyhow lol....each and every one of us has things we dislike in this big old world....but it is just that...a big old world and fads come and go but they are not likely to change your life. Get over it already.
juz516
Board Meister

Postby Fancy » Feb 11th, 2013, 11:50 pm

kibbs wrote:I think Stone and Parker Know exactly what is trending and make a very good living satirizing IT

Actually, I said "of any significance".

Bsuds wrote:I wouldn't take the rantings of someone who can't tell the difference between a Corgi and a Yorkie too serious.
I know quite a few dog owners and have never seen a dog dressed up in anything much more than a coat or sweater and maybe some booties to protect their feet in cold weather.
I think he's lifting his leg on the wrong tree. :127:

Agreed.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to Social, Economic and Environmental Concerns