Feel-good stories

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Feel-good stories

Post by maryjane48 »

Woman's Facebook Photo Goes Viral

Driving along a busy roadway one morning, a driver spotted something you don't see everyday. A motorcycle cop was sitting in the grass with a pair of dogs, apparently lost. The woman took a photo and posted it to Facebook to document what many are calling a selfless act.
Petting the animals and keeping them calm and out of traffic until the Humane Society arrived, the officer went above and beyond his duty to protect and serve.

The dogs' owners didn't know where their pets were, yet on a hunch showed up at the animal shelter later and were reunited with Bear and Leonidis.

Read more: http://www.rovrocks.com/onair/joe-johns ... z3TGELItPO
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

We saw a teen's dream come true on News10NBC and many of you made it happen with thousands of posts on social media. Cancer patient Courtney Wagner made it on the Ellen Show.
The Canandaigua teen left with quite a few surprises.
As Courtney Wagner hugged Ellen, you could hear her say "This is surreal." It's surreal for all of Ontario County and the Rochester-area. In two weeks, this community turned Courtney into a rock star. She deserves every moment of it. The #GetCourtneytoEllen campaign has turned into #GotCourtneytoEllen.
On the show, Ellen introduced Courtney saying, "We received countless tweets, emails, phone calls about this next guest. She is a fearless 17-year-old battling brain cancer. I wanted to meet her -- Courtney Wagner come on down!"

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S37 ... k.facebook
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Muharrem is not used to being able to communicate with everyone around him because he's hearing-impaired, and not everyone around him knows sign language.

One morning he woke up and that had all changed.

Many people who interacted with him, some of which Muharrem did not seem to know, had secretly taken sign language lessons to pull off the surprise.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/w ... wlOgjk0kJx

My grandson has Down Syndrome. He started kindergarten this year. One of my daughter's worst fears was that he would be bullied in school. I hope, as he goes through school, that he has friends like this young girl had at her school.
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

for some reason Feel-Good stories don't interest me.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*then i suggest you go somewhere else. thank you.*
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Thinktank wrote:for some reason Feel-Good stories don't interest me.

There's lots of threads with arguments about doom and gloom and conspiracies that you can get comfort from.
I birn quil I se
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:for some reason Feel-Good stories don't interest me.

For some reason, I am totally unsurprised.
You feed off feel-bad stories. You gather your energy from them. Sort of like a black hole.
You and 71 others Like this post
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Boy gives hockey stick to cancer-fighting Winnipeg girl at Jets game
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

^^^ this story reminded me of this similar story posted earlier on Castanet...
http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... th-Canucks
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

The parents of Britain's youngest organ donor say their son "lived and died a hero" after the infant's kidneys saved the life of a patient with renal failure.

Doctors told mother Jess Evans during her 12th week of pregnancy that one of the twin sons she was carrying suffered a fatal condition which stops the brain and skull from developing.

She and her fiance Mike Houlston were told their baby would either be stillborn or die shortly after birth.

In an interview with the Daily Mirror, the couple from Cardiff said they decided to allow the infant's kidneys and heart valves to be donated to save the lives of others.

The twins, Teddy and Noah Houlston, were born in April 2014. Teddy died just 100 minutes after birth.

The couple told the newspaper that Teddy's kidneys have since been used to save the life of a patient with renal failure.

"He lived and died a hero. It's impossible to explain how proud we are of him," Mr Houlston said.

Ms Evans added: "Although he wasn't with us very long, and we brought him into the world knowing there was no hope of a life for him, we are incredibly proud of his heroism.

"We hope Teddy's story will inspire families who find themselves in the position of losing a child. Knowing part of your loved one is living on in someone else is comforting."

Dr Paul Murphy, from NHS Blood and Transplant, said Teddy's donation was "exceptional".

"Every donation is inspirational. It is a selfless act of heroism. But Teddy's story is exceptional.

"He was the youngest organ donor in the UK."

Ms Evans and Mr Houlston are raising money for the charity 2 Wish Upon A Star, which provides services for bereaved parents.

http://news.sky.com/story/1470453/brita ... ied-a-hero
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

A high school student in China has spent three years literally shouldering the responsibility of ensuring that his physically disabled best friend gets to all his classes.

18-year-old Xie Xu met his 19-year-old classmate Zhang Chi when the pair began attending school together at Daxu High School in Xuzhou, a large city in the northern province of Jiangsu, in China.

Zhang suffers from muscular dystrophy, a condition that weakens skeletal muscle which often makes it very difficult for those with the disease to walk or carry their own weight.

Xie, who stands at 1.73 meters tall and weighs 75 kilos, decided to carry his friend around the school's campus to make sure he was able to attend all of his classes.

'The story of the two students is so inspiring and touching. They aren't family, but [Xie] has been doing this for three years,' Guo Chunxi, the vice-principal of Daxu High School told a local media outlet.

The teenagers live in dorms close by to the school, and each day Xie carries Zhang from their rooms to the school, and back again, and helps him with daily tasks such as getting meals and washing clothes.

Every now and then, Zhang is helped by Xie to the cafeteria for his breakfast.

Xie said that he carries his friend back and forth between classes, around the school, and their dorm about a dozen times each day.

Both young men are hard-working students and are at the top of their class, and are looking forward to their future studying in tertiary education.

'He's the most beautiful student. He also exerts positive influence on other students, who readily help Zhang. With their assistance, Zhang has never missed out on one single class,' the vice-principal said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

WOW! Some of these stories sure make you tear up lots...*sniff*

Can't hit the like button... need a LOVE IT button!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Social Concerns”