Overdose solution

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Overdose solution

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 14th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Queen K wrote:Vancouver alone on track for 400 OD deaths alone this year. Nevermind the rest of the Province.

If this was murders via guns, there'd be more action, imo.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201834

Meh who wants to bother
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Übergod

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby Queen K » Jul 14th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Know why the ods are lower? Because lots died last year, that's why.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

the truth likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9409 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 14th, 2017, 4:42 pm

problem is they will never run out of customers ,and those in the field --ih---love it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4288 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 14th, 2017, 8:45 pm

So my mother goes to Vancouver on Monday 7 or 8 weeks . Stem cell treatment for bone cancer. Gonna cost her a pile of money for a private room at the cancer lodge and all the other costs . Meds travel etc . I understand it's her fault she got sick . As a career nurse the ladies are pulling together for mom. My question is.. if mother is on the hook for all these costs . Why is heroin bus free. Mom never hurt anyone or did any drugs etc . Does not seem fair

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Übergod

Postby Queen K » Jul 14th, 2017, 8:51 pm

So sorry your mom is going through this, cancer is epidemic today. Why is it her "fault" tho? Lots of people do stuff and never get anything happen to them.

And not for nothing hat has been my point this whole time! Why all this free stuff for them, but cancer patients? Meh.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 15th, 2017, 7:58 am

Queen K wrote:So sorry your mom is going through this, cancer is epidemic today. Why is it her "fault" tho? Lots of people do stuff and never get anything happen to them.

And not for nothing hat has been my point this whole time! Why all this free stuff for them, but cancer patients? Meh.

The her fault line was just to appease the fruits and nuts on here who think cancer is a choice . Just like drugs . Lot of them on this forum .

These people seem to be willing to say anything in defence of some *bleep*. As long as the *bleep* has issues .
Sick of it . The needle in my walk way the other morning was a turning point for me

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Übergod

Postby Queen K » Jul 15th, 2017, 10:27 am

Jflem1983 wrote:
Queen K wrote:So sorry your mom is going through this, cancer is epidemic today. Why is it her "fault" tho? Lots of people do stuff and never get anything happen to them.

The her fault line was just to appease the fruits and nuts on here who think cancer is a choice . Just like drugs . Lot of them on this forum .

These people seem to be willing to say anything in defence of some *bleep*. As long as the *bleep* has issues .
Sick of it . The needle in my walk way the other morning was a turning point for me

I've heard this line of thinking before, "the patient chose cancer." No, cancer arrived. And wait a sec, are you saying your mom is a castanet poster?

And what kinds of turning point? I understand the thinking of issues, like my cousin who said he had the best upbringing, the best of everything, parents, advantages and etc, and what did he do with his no issue life? Got on drugs. So sick of it? you bet. Sick to death of it here too.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Queen K » Jul 16th, 2017, 3:45 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201925 ... ped-policy

Take a read here. It's an interesting article and unbelievably, it all happened in my life time, at at time of my life when I wasn't on any social media, much less even have a computer.

2003 was a pivotal point for drug users and I-site.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 16th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Hard to believe . Makes me ashamed to be part of the culture and times that led to this . Backwards harm promoting nonsense . . Never been so many losers junked out on dope in this town . Heck we have whole areas of town full of it .
Ih has done what to help the people rid this menace. Oh that's rite they provided a bus to get high . And a nurse . To waste her career injecting people with heroin . Makes me sick . Needle in the walkway .. cancer patients pay ... needles are free for junkies ... everything is free for these bottom feeders . So fed up sask looks better every time I go back. It's not the sun sets or the good beef either . It's the political normalcy .

Jflem1983
Übergod

Postby What_the » Jul 16th, 2017, 4:42 pm

At the risk of sounding like a prick, which I do often,...
Don't let the door hit you on arse on the way out.

You're not offering any solutions but beat downs, which you're apparently proud of. Us normal people don't want that and, "harm promotion" is why there's so many people in jail and prison, doing nothing except sucking 5 times as much money and still getting drugs.

Please leave and let empirical evidence do what it must.

Nothing stopping you. Once again, just saying.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

W105 likes this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jul 16th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Interesting. As a mother who has a chronic illness I have travelled to VGH several times for a variety of treatments. I also have a child with a chronic illness who travels to BC Children's for treatments. I've never had to pay anything other than the travel costs (which are tax deductible). They have always paid for a room if I'm not inpatient, and if you're in-patient your Meds are covered. I would have thought that most nurses would have private insurance that helps absorb the cost of Meds.

There are of course extra expenses when travelling, but they are usually optional (easier to eat out than to microwave a TV dinner back at the hotel they put me up in etc.). There are some costs for sure, I can't deny that, but MY COSTS usually have to do with loss of time working and the expense involved with sick time/disability not paying out at the same rate of getting paid your normal salary.

If I wanted a private room - ya, I'd have to pay for the difference. Often in many wards where there are private rooms you can't even really "pay" for them anyway as they are reserved for people who for whatever reason need a private room medical wise.

So, I'm very interested in your story, as this isn't my experience at all. I always thought that "the rule" would be if you can't get your needed service local, they pay the tab for you to travel to it. It's kind of the "deal" when we pay the same for MSP as anyone on the coast but don't have the services that they do.

In regards to what you are saying about free heroin, you are just way off base and clearly don't know how the system works, but you're seemingly taking things you've read on the Internet as gospel. 1) For the overwhelming majority of addicts there is no "free heroin". There are LIMITED programs where hardcore addicts who have treatment failures get small doses of heroin in the hopes of harm reduction and weaning themselves off. 2) There are some LIMITED programs where some addicts are given drug therapies like Methadone who are seeking a treatment option of harm reduction and weaning off. I don't know of any of these programs currently running anywhere but in the lower-mainland for the sick of the sick. I would be very interested in what you know about this happening on a wide scale and where?

3 people like this post.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Liked in: 473 posts

Postby What_the » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:35 pm

Of course, most think that the bottom rung of society are the drain of all coffers. Which in reality is not the case. (Look it up)
But it's just easy to blame others.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

W105 likes this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby W105 » Jul 17th, 2017, 5:32 am

I too have no idea why Jflem keeps saying that cancer patients have to pay for everything ??? both my parents had cancer (and passed away from it) and they both never paid for anything...my father went to Alberta for his treatment ( it was a new treatment for his type of cancer, and it did extend his life for a good 5 extra yrs) and all he paid for was his flight to get there and back, which he then claimed on his income taxes for medical expenses..

and the closest my mother got for getting a "private room" was sharing a room with only ONE patient and not 4 patients..and the only reason she needed that private (shared room) was the other patient was on chemo/rad treatments and they both were very sick from treatment, so they were very sensitive to food smells etc..I also had a friend who stayed at our Cancer Lodge here in Kelowna and he paid nothing for staying there for 4 weeks..I also have a friend who's child got cancer and he was being treated in BC Children's Hospital (for almost 9mths) and the parents never paid for anything except their travel, they stayed for free at the Ronald Mc Donald house when there too..

curious as to who told you Jflem that your mother would be paying for all her treatments ??
W105
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2310 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 17th, 2017, 5:41 am

W105 wrote:I too have no idea why Jflem keeps saying that cancer patients have to pay for everything ??? both my parents had cancer (and passed away from it) and they both never paid for anything...my father went to Alberta for his treatment ( it was a new treatment for his type of cancer, and it did extend his life for a good 5 extra yrs) and all he paid for was his flight to get there and back, which he then claimed on his income taxes for medical expenses..

and the closest my mother got for getting a "private room" was sharing a room with only ONE patient and not 4 patients..and the only reason she needed that private (shared room) was the other patient was on chemo/rad treatments and they both were very sick from treatment, so they were very sensitive to food smells etc..I also had a friend who stayed at our Cancer Lodge here in Kelowna and he paid nothing for staying there for 4 weeks..I also have a friend who's child got cancer and he was being treated in BC Children's Hospital (for almost 9mths) and the parents never paid for anything except their travel, they stayed for free at the Ronald Mc Donald house when there too..

curious as to who told you Jflem that your mother would be paying for all her treatments ??

Well it's just how it is . I'm not sure what your parents dealt with . Or what care they needed .

Jflem1983
Übergod

Postby richardclank » Jul 18th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Well it's just how it is . I'm not sure what your parents dealt with . Or what care they needed .

Pretty sure practically everyone has had a family member or friend who needed cancer treatment. I've never once heard of them paying for it either. My uncle needed skin cancer treatment and received it free of charge.

I'd also like an explanation why people keep lying and saying that medical procedures cost money but junkies get everything for free. That's not what's happening - like at all - and it's confusing why people keep perpetuating this lie.

2 people like this post.
richardclank
Fledgling

Liked in: 89 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns