#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: #MeToo

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:Did you know that female chimps use sex to get food ??

So do many human females. :smt045
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Old Techie wrote:
MAPearce wrote:Did you know that female chimps use sex to get food ??

So do many human females. :smt045

So do many human males.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Men still sport gold ( filled) jewellery >>>>
But that bum in Those Wranglers and a gold chain
Clutching Pearls
Come on, you have been to the Rodeo..
Sheesh
That's a problem, older men white pubes think if they slide up to a nubile girl it should be game on
Seriously
I rejoin some Men aren't going to look, try to touch, do that " hey sunshine" or smile BS"
Mace them, problem solved as common sense just isn't common
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
liisgo wrote:wow, should we all be accountable for something we did 20 years ago? Guess we are all in trouble now. Including every single one of you "metoo" people. cause guess what, we have all done something or do you not count???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJvugmjWQUY

I don't know whether you were sexually abusing young people 20 years ago, but I (and most normal people) did not. If you were, yes, you should be accountable for the "somethings" that you did 20 years ago. Unfortunately most sexual predators will not be held accountable, but that shouldn't deter us from attempting to make them accountable where ever possible.

What we know so far:
Mcgowen alleges she was raped by Weinstein, complained to Amazon repeatedly , and nothing was done. And the woman in the video is claiming she is therefore a prostitute because she was paid 75,000 for damages with a non-disclosure agreement.

The Sun revealed Harvey Weinstein propositioned Myleene Klass with a sex contract, during a Cannes film festival lunchin 2010.
The contract included a confidentiality agreement stressing she could not discuss any sexual relationship with Weinstein.
Kate Beckinsale was also targeted when she was a 17-year-old schoolgirl by Weinstein now 65. The actress said her refusal to give in to the sleazy film-maker’s demands “undoubtedly harmed my career”.
 The FBI and police in New York and London have all opened investigations into Weinstein, with one cop calling him a “super-predator”;
Emma Thompson compared him to serial sex offender Jimmy Savile, saying: “It’s the same story. He’s dangerous and what he’s done and what he’s doing is criminal.”
 Weinstein whined to photographers he was “a good guy” as he flew off to rehab for sex addiction;
 His long-time PR man in the UK quit over the tidal wave of sex allegations.
Weinstein has been accused of sexual harassment or abuse of more than 30 women. Three have accused him of rape.
His wife Brit fashion designer Georgia Chapman has left him.
The allegations have all been denied by Weinstein.

Yes, we should all be accountable for what we did 20 years ago. Should we be protecting sexual predators? Where does it all end? Blaming the victims and calling them prostitutes? Ever wonder why women have been reluctant to come forward?

For those who can't tell the difference, this is what it looks like when prostitutes are paid off, (which is different from victims being paid to keep quiet).

http://punchng.com/trumps-lawyers-paid- ... em-bannon/

did you even watch the video link the poster, posted?
Were you actually asking someone here if they were abusing young people?
I believe it was a question that should people be held accountable for something they did 20 years ago???? I even see ???marks.
Also "what we know right now" is some people saying accusations. Much like Jian Ghomeshi. Remember, so lets all remember your innocent first and that, unfortunately many claims are false, inaccurate and tainted. Lets see.
This movement definitely shows alot of gender specific hate.
Thats it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

normaM wrote:Men still sport gold ( filled) jewellery >>>>
Clutching Pearls
Sheesh
That's a problem, older men white pubes think if they slide up to a nubile girl it should be game on
Seriously
I rejoin some Men aren't going to look, try to touch, do that " hey sunshine" or smile BS"

Might I suggest laying off the Merlot and posting something comprehensible. :200:

Your unjustified stereo typing (at least it comes off as that) certainly isn't helping your cause one iota.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Jan 20th, 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

normaM wrote:Men still sport gold ( filled) jewellery >>>>
Clutching Pearls
Sheesh
Seriously

Problem not solved. Flippant "common sense" advice that will put you in jail. Check the law before giving or taking advice on handling potential sexual assault.Not legal to carry mace in Canada. It's just common sense not to do that.

http://ottawasun.com/2014/02/05/rules-c ... a640617d1e
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

yes I know :)
And no one carries it or bear spray
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

zoo wrote: quote="liisgo"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWRGiVnjH0s

wow, should we all be accountable for something we did 20 years ago? Guess we are all in trouble now. Including every single one of you "metoo" people. cause guess what, we have all done something or do you not count???

Silverstarqueen wrote:I don't know whether you were sexually abusing young people 20 years ago, but I (and most normal people) did not. If you were, yes, you should be accountable for the "somethings" that you did 20 years ago. Unfortunately most sexual predators will not be held accountable, but that shouldn't deter us from attempting to make them accountable where ever possible.

What we know so far:
Mcgowen alleges she was raped by Weinstein, complained to Amazon repeatedly , and nothing was done. And the woman in the video is claiming she is therefore a prostitute because she was paid 75,000 for damages with a non-disclosure agreement.

The Sun revealed Harvey Weinstein propositioned Myleene Klass with a sex contract, during a Cannes film festival lunchin 2010.
The contract included a confidentiality agreement stressing she could not discuss any sexual relationship with Weinstein.
Kate Beckinsale was also targeted when she was a 17-year-old schoolgirl by Weinstein now 65. The actress said her refusal to give in to the sleazy film-maker’s demands “undoubtedly harmed my career”.
 The FBI and police in New York and London have all opened investigations into Weinstein, with one cop calling him a “super-predator”;
Emma Thompson compared him to serial sex offender Jimmy Savile, saying: “It’s the same story. He’s dangerous and what he’s done and what he’s doing is criminal.”
 Weinstein whined to photographers he was “a good guy” as he flew off to rehab for sex addiction;
 His long-time PR man in the UK quit over the tidal wave of sex allegations.
Weinstein has been accused of sexual harassment or abuse of more than 30 women. Three have accused him of rape.
His wife Brit fashion designer Georgia Chapman has left him.
The allegations have all been denied by Weinstein.

Yes, we should all be accountable for what we did 20 years ago. Should we be protecting sexual predators? Where does it all end? Blaming the victims and calling them prostitutes? Ever wonder why women have been reluctant to come forward?

For those who can't tell the difference, this is what it looks like when prostitutes are paid off, (which is different from victims being paid to keep quiet).

http://punchng.com/trumps-lawyers-paid- ... hem-bannon

did you even watch the video link the poster, posted?
Were you actually asking someone here if they were abusing young people?
I believe it was a question that should people be held accountable for something they did 20 years ago???? I even see ???marks.
Also "what we know right now" is some people saying accusations. Much like Jian Ghomeshi. Remember, so lets all remember your innocent first and that, unfortunately many claims are false, inaccurate and tainted. Lets see.
This movement definitely shows alot of gender specific hate.
Thats it.

There was nothing "gendre specific" about my post. There are men and women who are coming forward in the "MeToo" movement who have been sexually abused, harasssed, assaulted, by males and females. It is not a "gendre specific" movement.We still have (perhaps not for long) freedom of speech in this country, so people are permitted to make allegations which they know to be true. When someone has dozens (as in the case of Cosby), or 130 (as in the case of the gym coach Nassar), or 30 (as in the case of Weinstein), people making allegations against someone, it is highly unlikely that they are all false allegations. Very few of these perpetrators will ever be brought to trial, but there has to first be an allegation before any investigation or trial can be brought before the courts. For some, when they hear allegations, their first thought is, that can't be true the alleged victims must be lying. For others, maybe it's true, or not, perhaps we need an investigation when so many are accusing a particular person. He said/she said, always was the brush off. What about (s)he said, they said, when you have 30 or 130 victims? If we deny people the right to make an allegation when they have been wronged, attack the victims, then we are only protecting the perpetrators. And that is exactly what has been going on for many years.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

This hashtag business is stupid. I know I’m not supposed to criticize the #MeToo because it’s a 21st-century way for people who don’t even know each other but have suffered similar calamities to bond and connect. Actually, it’s not. It’s more a way for marginal characters in these dramas to jump on the sympathy bandwagon and say, “Hey, don’t leave me out; it happened here, too!”

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/me ... bandwagon/

And when I saw men apologizing on social media if they had offended the women in their lives, I realized this was a Stockholm syndrome situation.

This is moral laziness. There is a problem, and it should be addressed soberly, not manipulated with social memes.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

The MeToo movement is not just about women who were sexually harassed or assaulted, it also about men too. This has been said often, by prominent actors on TV, on the web, by private individuals, by men (or women) who have come forward who were also harassed or assaulted. It has also been said repeatedly that, just because the movement exposes those who harassed AND those who assaulted their victims , does not mean that those are the same thing, or that they are equally horrendous offences. Sometimes the same people happen to harrass AND have also assaulted their victims, sometimes one or the other. But there is often a pattern of behavior where the offender begins with harassment and gradually works up to out right abuse or sexual assault. Of course that does not mean they are the same thing, but they certainly can be discussed together in the same conversation or allegations. Why should those allegations be limited only to one or the other type of offence? No one is saying "So and So raped me", when they meant he really just flirted with me at an office party.

Now if this is not your movement, if you are not one of the victims, and do not want to claim you were harassed or abused, then you should have no say in whether someone else can come forward with their experiences. Because they are their experiences, not yours. If you care about their hardship or their emotional pain, then say so. Or don't. But don't be telling them they should not be reporting or take away their right to tell of their experience or emotions. We still live in a country where people are allowed to make allegations that are true. When the victims are continually told to hush up, and then later blamed because they were afraid to speak out, those who stand by and permit this abuse are part of it.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

The Pope seems to have missed the mark on this one.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/pope ... of-slander
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

I know, so did Oprah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKcSXQB-YE

Holy smokes this is getting crazy, now over 100 actresses are denouncing the METOO campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57V4CjXPS00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-jH-UUbtE
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

zoo wrote:I know, so did Oprah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKcSXQB-YE

Holy smokes this is getting crazy, now over 100 actresses are denouncing the METOO campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57V4CjXPS00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-jH-UUbtE

If you want to defend rapists and pedophiles go right ahead. Does not surprise me one bit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... se-1044796
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

[/quote]

If you want to defend rapists and pedophiles go right ahead. Does not surprise me one bit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... se-1044796[/quote]

Are we all seeing this. A response like this, what you see above, because of a post of nothing more than links to video's, that others, some women, have written and its somehow turned into an attack against someone posting them. That the poster is defending rapists and pedophiles.
Holy crap, is this what has happened with in our societies?

A video about Oprah being caught claiming racism, proven false, and some double standards of hers.
Then 2 vid's of a large group of women in france that have a different view than that of american feminists.
We are clearly in a lot of trouble.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Return to “Social Concerns”