Single 30-Somethings....Outcasts Of Society?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Single 30-Somethings....Outcasts Of Society?

Post by gardengirl »

I think we forgot to say it, but Welcome!
We may not get out much, but you will always have someone to talk to here.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Keep an eye on the "Cheers" section for news about Castanet G2G's. We put the fun in dysfunction.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

flüffy wrote:Keep an eye on the "Cheers" section for news about Castanet G2G's. We put the fun in dysfunction.

:dyinglaughing: I really wish I didn't live so far away from you idiots.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

flüffy wrote:Keep an eye on the "Cheers" section for news about Castanet G2G's. We put the fun in dysfunction.

Kelowna's best will show up to these G2G's. :137: :runforlife:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Kelowna's best what? :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Help me out...what does g2g stand for?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

"get together"

Sort of a P2P/LOL thing.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

ahhh thanks
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

steven lloyd wrote:

Well, when you go on that fabled road trip are you planning to hit Kelowna? Maybe you can PM a bunch of people and have a private g2g with a bunch of Cnetters. And post where/when so maybe a few more can show up.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BlueStar - last night I was sitting with two women, both of whom have children, one with two and one with a baby en route and guess what they talked about? Every minute detail of kids stuff....I had nothing to add, to say and quite frankly, being 45 with three cats and no kids, I was feeling like you've described.

It's funny how the internet dating has its supporters and detractors. When I wasn't with Mr. Keesa I did a little of that and found one rule of thumb to be true, the more long drawn out the emails and messeging back and forth, the more of a let down we both had. No one is as good in person as they could be on the net, not even me. I met a few good people but nothing clicked. Sometimes a going nowhere coffee date was better than sitting at home, sometimes it wasn't.

I have a new idea for a new thread, a Castanet "how I met..."

Going to start it now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

steven lloyd wrote:

LOL. It is too bad WE are so far away from your area because it would be fun to have a G2G in Hyder. Bring out the everclear and see what happens...

On second thought maybe that is a bad idea.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

keesa wrote:BlueStar - last night I was sitting with two women, both of whom have children, one with two and one with a baby en route and guess what they talked about? Every minute detail of kids stuff....I had nothing to add, to say and quite frankly, being 45 with three cats and no kids, I was feeling like you've described.

It's funny how the internet dating has its supporters and detractors. When I wasn't with Mr. Keesa I did a little of that and found one rule of thumb to be true, the more long drawn out the emails and messeging back and forth, the more of a let down we both had.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone through that myself too...not just being forced to listen to non-stop baby talk, but to feel let down once I've met someone from online. It's been nothing but a series of disappointments for me. I'm sure it works great for some people, but I now know that it's just not the route for me. I want to meet someone the old fashioned way, you know, in person as opposed to the internet. If I am destined to meet someone, it will happen out in the real world, not in cyberspace.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

yes, the real world is better. I started a thread to see if people will share their real world experience in "how we met" and I've had one volunteer. But I'm hoping....

I really do know exactly what you've described. I hope sharing with us all helps, even a little.
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

Sure it does....it's nice knowing people care enough to read this all and reply with their thoughts. Thank you.
viobach
Fledgling

Post by viobach »

It may be where you live. Im in my 30's too married, kids, etc. along with pretty much everyone I know here except for one. However everyone I know that lives in Vancouver is not married/kids etc. There are a few who had 'accident' babies, but none that have really taken the domesticated road. Some are still in University, working professional jobs, partying socially with friends (rarity with kids) none of them are worried they going to be 40 in 5-8yrs not married with kids. My girlfriends arn't even concerned that they may be too old to have kids. They live for today and most are glad not to be in my shoes,(especially when I complain Ive had no sleep and was up at 5). They are the norm out there. It was always a joke coming to Kelowna to go to the bars b/c you had to babysit. The average age for partying @ the bars in Vancouver was between 25-35, Kelowna's age is 19-25. I've lived in a few places and Kelowna is the worst for image and keeping up with the Jones's. I empathize with how you feel, and can understand the pressures in place to make you feel this way. Keep in mind though like people have stated before me half of the married couples probably envy your freedom, and more then likely 1/3 will end up getting divorced because they were probably too hasty. (Excuse my assumption)
"It is almost impossible to exaggerate the complete unimportance of almost everything" Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”