Cashless society... you in?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Cashless society... you in?

Postby Queen K » Nov 26th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Hassel99 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I dont' agree either. Vehemently disagree.
What next, implants in the hands?

The to keep up Queenie, it's already here. :D

https://news.virginia.edu/content/cool- ... s-are-here

:-X Not impressed. And yes, I vaguely remember seeing this.
I vote CREEPY. Glad I'll be dead by the time this all takes hold.

Hope I'm dead before it all takes hold is more like it.
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12442 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 26th, 2017, 2:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt ... y_changing

How the monetary system and it's very foundations are being challenged and weakened. A very interesting read indeed.

Do we take it for granted that cash is dead when Black Friday raked in BILLIONs on-line? And how many people will be disappointed with what they got and want to mail it back to return? What a freaking hassle.
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Woodenhead » Nov 28th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Bitcoin is now worth approx. $9900 CAD.
Ethereum is now worth approx. $600 CAD.

"Cashless" can be a very good way to convert cash into way way more cash. If you know what you're doing & have a bit of luck, at least. IDK where else I'd have tripled my money in a few months. :up:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.
Woodenhead
Guru

Liked in: 933 posts

Postby Deean » Nov 30th, 2017, 11:59 pm

No
Deean
Fledgling

Liked in: 84 posts

Postby Glacier » Dec 1st, 2017, 11:40 am

Queen K wrote:I like Donald G, stop picking on him. I'm the one who's never sent a text, remember?

Okay, sorry. Won't happen again.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9341 posts

Postby monilynno » Dec 5th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Cash is one of the last freedoms we have left, what I choose to buy and who I choose to buy it from. People are too anxious to surrender their freedoms for convenience and security. Count me out of any cashless society.

Queen K likes this post.
monilynno
Fledgling

Liked in: 75 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 5th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Thank you! Someone who "gets it."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Catsumi » Dec 5th, 2017, 8:12 pm

At one time I would totally agree sticking with a cash society, however, in the past few years I have been using my CC (which I always pay off at the end of the month and thereby gain "rewards") for almost everything. Gas, groceries, airline tickets, clothes, etc.

There is the safety factor at play too. Being a dear little old lady flashing a wad will definitely attract unwanted attention. Not only that, I think I go to ATM maybe three times per year now just to get a few $20's as mad money for those places that don't accept CCs.

What bugs me is the surfeit of cards that one winds up carrying, and gawd help you if the lot are stolen or lost. I personally would really like to see the use of retinal recognition systems (already in use in security systems) become the norm. What a boon that would be (although at the loss of privacy which we don't have much left of anyway...cameras). The system could latch together credit, library card numbers, medical, passport, drivers license, insurance coverages, etc. Fraudsters...well, they always find a way but in this very very personal identity, we may get the upper hand.

It certainly would simplify everday life. I have foolishly when in a Brainfog state, left behind a critical card when it was badly needed. I think I said a bad word.
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1833 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns