Cashless society... you in?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Cashless society... you in?

Post by dirtybiker »

It's official, I'm old.
A young gal, server, said "the only people who pay cash are
either old, or a drug dealer."

I guess old it is.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I guess I'm the drug dealer.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Never thought a thread about cashless would morph into a religion thread
The swoosh is strong
I plan to pay for things eventually with my massive collection of plastic grocery bags and straws
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I like cash, you can feel it and you can feel the pain when your getting low.
I try to have a realistic budget as to what i need then i pull it out, i suffer each time i got to pay for something and helps not to go in debt.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Some people like to use cash as a way to get back at the government for spending their earnings inappropriately.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

WendyA777 wrote:Oh, its coming. It part of the End Times where you cant buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast.....be it on your forehead or hand. Look it up in the Book of Revelations. Best to also look up getting saved in the Book of John (New Testament). You see, society has already been pushing this under the guise of protecting your identity and fraud. But don't be fouled. #wiseup #repent.

Ummmmm, I think that is just a new chip-card that you got in the mail. The little shiny hologram thingy is the end that goes in the machine.....it’s not actually the Mark of the Beast. That’s why the USA was so slow to adopt chip cards.....all the fundamentalist Christians were convinced it was The Mark of the Beast and were convinced they needed to #wiseup.

When I was younger, I thought I had the Mark of the Beast on my forehead. It was just a zit. I felt I better #repent and not eat chocolate for a while. I thought it was the End Times, but I got over it.

Now as an old person, I can eat whatever I want and no #markofthebeast. It’s wonderful....I can just relax and read the Book of John and the Book of Revelations and all is good. :up:

discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

do you read the Book of John on the john LANDM ?? lol

and the mark of the beast is now called facial tattoos...you can even make money if you're willing to advertise a company on your forehead :)

and Norma...BEST ever meme !!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Also with carrying cash if you always have an eye out for the things you need , you can get crazy deals on quality second hand stuff.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Not only do I not ever carry cash, I now get annoyed if I can't just tap my debit or credit card. I don't even want to be bothered by having to enter a PIN number.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Jonrox wrote:Not only do I not ever carry cash, I now get annoyed if I can't just tap my debit or credit card. I don't even want to be bothered by having to enter a PIN number.

Jonrox, you'll find as you work your way up societies hierarchy you won't even have to pull out your wallet.
People will just pay for everything in hope that you will lift them up a few rungs into your circle.

If you have a boss (which is so 2007 btw), next time you're out and about with Zhe buy Zhe lunch. See what happens.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/25/3-things-two-men-learned-from-their-650000-lunch-with-warren-buffett.html
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The day I let somebody buy me stuff for reasons like that is the day I hope somebody punches my lights out for being the world's biggest d-bag.

I don't think it's something I'll ever have to worry about because I think I was just raised better than that and hold myself to a better, more humble standard.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:I've pondered this for quite awhile.

Would a society be better off with or without cash? what if every yard sale had a card reader? What if Chuch Sales had card readers? What if I couldn't buy my neighbour's peaches without the Govt Cash Agency or whatever it is called in the future, knowing about the purchase?

Cash: use it or lose it?

The way we as a society are being taxed to death, this would be the only way Federal Government could catch you on taxes. Imagine, drug transactions and a large sum of cash? Bank would have to seize it and then Government would investigate where did this cash come from.

Cash jobs at discount rates would be out of question, once again the contractor, handy-man would have to prove where his cash came from.

Greece is in a bad way today due to cash being used to avoid taxation. Problem there is more cash going out on programs such as social assistance and all other funded programs. Their country is broken as a result of Government taxing your every move.

Maybe Canada could or should take note and learn from it!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^

you use CASH to dodge taxes on one hand, and hope like hell on the other that the gov't learns its lesson that taxing everything that moves (and doesn't, like death related taxes) is counterproductive.

The result is that the government DOES learn, and comes back at you with MORE taxes in one form or the other. They are smarter than us. They have highrises full of accountants all wanting to make their mark. ...... Idle hands, devil's work.

Right now, as we linger here on c-net, the Powers are making bonfires of our taxed earnings and looking hard for more fuel.

Give up, or fight to defeat the swivel serpents. Hang on to your wallets.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

The best way to always beat the Government system is to become a government employee.

No matter what happens, not your fault or problem.

You were just doing your job.
WendyA777

Post by WendyA777 »

Well if you want to know what happens in a cashless society, read the Bible. It ain’t pretty. Revelations. Don’t be taking the MARK.

Return to “Social Concerns”