Cashless society... you in?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Cashless society... you in?

Postby WendyA777 » Oct 20th, 2018, 6:38 am

Well if you want to know what happens in a cashless society, read the Bible. It ain’t pretty. Revelations. Don’t be taking the MARK.

monilynno likes this post.
WendyA777

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby monilynno » Oct 20th, 2018, 7:41 am

forum wrote:The best way to always beat the Government system is to become a government employee.

No matter what happens, not your fault or problem.

You were just doing your job.

Did you see the recent story from Ottawa? It took 39 government employees and 300 emails to buy 1 TV. This is government run amok.

normaM likes this post.
monilynno
Fledgling

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 20th, 2018, 7:45 am

monilynno wrote:
Did you see the recent story from Ottawa? It took 39 government employees and 300 emails to buy 1 TV. This is government run amok.

I have not seen that. do you have a link? Otherwise it's just fake news.
Why do they put a round pizza in a square box and then eat it in triangles?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11785 posts

Postby Fancy » Oct 20th, 2018, 8:04 am

Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Bsuds likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6712 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 20th, 2018, 8:05 am

Bsuds wrote:
monilynno wrote:

I have not seen that. do you have a link? Otherwise it's just fake news.

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-news/ ... 599db425e4
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3818 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 20th, 2018, 9:01 am

Wow, and my DW wasn't thrilled about me spending $800 for a 4k TV.
Why do they put a round pizza in a square box and then eat it in triangles?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11785 posts

Postby t76turbo » Oct 29th, 2018, 7:44 am

dirtybiker wrote:It's official, I'm old.
A young gal, server, said "the only people who pay cash are
either old, or a drug dealer."

I guess old it is.

The new generation is way too used to pulling out the plastic. If only a debit card at first, it will morph into credit cards and then let the downward credit spiral begin. My parents thought me from an early age to use the money that was in my wallet. Once it runs out, you’d have to wait till next pay check. If anything was left over, well that would go to savings. I don’t consider myself old, early 40’s. I never bought anything I couldn’t afford. Especially not any toys, that would just sit in the garage.

Don’t live beyond your means! Too easy to do with financing and plastic!

The ex-wife didn’t like cash, always liked reaching for plastic and by end month was always in the red like clockwork, never learned. She did go bankrupt and lost her business . Her profession you ask...a registered bookkeeper!!!
t76turbo
Fledgling

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 18th, 2018, 9:30 pm

The final proof that cash is still going to be King!

Buy your pot with cash, not credit, if you want your personal information to remain private.

Unfreaking believable, Right? And for some buying on-line, that isn't even an option! :135: :swear:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#244905

Canada's privacy watchdog is warning marijuana users to pay with cash rather than plastic if they're worried about the collection of their personal information.

In a statement posted on his website, Privacy Commissioner Daniel Therrien says pot sellers and buyers need to better understand their privacy rights and obligations and has suggested a number of guidelines.

"Cannabis is illegal in most jurisdictions outside of Canada. The personal information of cannabis users is therefore very sensitive," Therrien said.

"Some countries may deny entry to individuals if they know they have purchased cannabis, even lawfully."

Some Canadians have been barred for life from entering the United States after admitting to using cannabis or being involved in the legal industry.

Therrien suggests buyers can avoid the collection of their personal information by using cash instead of credit cards when buying pot from legal retail outlets.

However this option is currently not available to Canadians who have little choice but to buy online because some provinces have only a limited number of retail stores or, in the case of Ontario, no retail outlets at all for several more months.

The Ontario Cannabis Store has already reported a privacy breach through Canada Post that affected approximately 4,500 individuals last month. Information from about two per cent of customer orders was accessed by a person using a Canada Post delivery tracking tool. The incident was reported to Ontario's privacy commissioner.

Therrien says cannabis purchasers should further guard their privacy by not providing retailers with more personal information than necessary, other than what is legally required to verify their age.

Video surveillance in pot shops should only be used if less privacy intrusive measures cannot be met, Therrien says. If retailers do use video surveillance, they must notify individuals with signage clearly visible to anyone before entering the store.

Cannabis stores should also only collect email addresses, and not customer names, for mailing lists or memberships, he added.

"Private organizations are required by law to develop policies and practices to meet their responsibilities under the (law)," Therrien says in the statement.

"The best way of ensuring (compliance) is for management to emphasize that protection of personal information is a company priority and to ensure that all staff are trained in, understand, and follow the privacy policy in everyday transactions."
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13986 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns