48776
47869

Frustrated with store meat

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 14th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Way to necro a 7 year thread QK. Impressive lol

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6527
Likes: 243 posts
Liked in: 982 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 2:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Queen K » Aug 14th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:A few days ago I picked up some steaks from Costco (first time purchasing them there). Combined with my superior BBQ skills, this was the best steak I have ever eaten. No kidding. The cut was phenomenal (in terms of fat, texture, etc...) and my wife said the same thing before I even started commenting about dinner. Not sure if I got lucky or if they are always that good, but like I said.... phenomal meat!


Enjoy the huge set of man-boobs you're gonna grow from eating that estrogen-laced crap.


Thank you fvk,

Did you ever, errr get estrogen feuled man-boobs as GF kindly indicated in his own indelible way? [icon_lol2.gif]
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48507
Likes: 8731 posts
Liked in: 9576 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Bubalouie » Aug 15th, 2017, 6:29 am

Guess you never read the forum about how Costco needles their meat and you need to cook it well done

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bubalouie
Guru
 
Posts: 7862
Likes: 154 posts
Liked in: 412 posts
Joined: May 18th, 2005, 8:33 am

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Queen K » Aug 15th, 2017, 6:35 am

One of the main reasons I revived this thread is to bring about an up to date information session on where to find organic meats if one isn't out hunting and fishing. It wasn't really the bear meat subject that got me here, when one inputs subjects into the search engine, all kinds of threads pop up, but this one is something I've been ruminating on lately.

I grew up on vension, grouse and fish caught in mountain lakes. Not to say we didn't have the others.

But lately I've noticed we're not liking what we have bought in regular grocery stores or Costco. I recoil at buying chicken here. Okanagan Poultry is my main go-to chicken supplier out in Falkland. They are growing baby mean chicks right now. No junk in their birds!

So who is the latest supplier and where does one go these days? :D
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48507
Likes: 8731 posts
Liked in: 9576 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Bubalouie » Aug 15th, 2017, 7:00 am

Urbane Farm I think it's called on KLO advertised chickens
User avatar
Bubalouie
Guru
 
Posts: 7862
Likes: 154 posts
Liked in: 412 posts
Joined: May 18th, 2005, 8:33 am

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby dirtybiker » Aug 15th, 2017, 11:50 am

Bubalouie wrote:Guess you never read the forum about how Costco needles their meat and you need to cook it well done


I do my best cooking when I'm well done !

Bear in the slow cooker with true Canada Dry Ginger Ale is fantastic !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 5028
Likes: 1966 posts
Liked in: 1426 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby tegaan1 » Aug 15th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Big bear ranch is an amazing organic farm. They grow pork and beef mainly. He has won awards for sustainability. He delivers to the lower mainland and the okanagan 1 x a month. You can order as much or as little as you want. This is a family farm and I would recommend themover anyone else. I raise my own organic chicken so can't recommend anyone there.

2 people like this post.
tegaan1
 
Posts: 7
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Jul 16th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Queen K » Aug 21st, 2017, 11:17 am

Which of the meat stores here has great prices and supplies? Like better cuts of roasts and steaks?
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48507
Likes: 8731 posts
Liked in: 9576 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby the truth » Aug 21st, 2017, 12:01 pm

great question :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12505
Likes: 7355 posts
Liked in: 4323 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby just popping in » Aug 21st, 2017, 12:06 pm

Queen K wrote:Which of the meat stores here has great prices and supplies? Like better cuts of roasts and steaks?


I personally like places that are one stop shopping, on Spall: T-Bones, Quality Greens, Cobs Bakery or in Rutland: Johnny's Meats, Old Town Market and Specialty Bakery.
just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2568
Likes: 161 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:15 pm

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Postby Lady tehMa » Aug 29th, 2017, 6:09 am

Queen K wrote:One of the main reasons I revived this thread is to bring about an up to date information session on where to find organic meats if one isn't out hunting and fishing. It wasn't really the bear meat subject that got me here, when one inputs subjects into the search engine, all kinds of threads pop up, but this one is something I've been ruminating on lately.

I grew up on vension, grouse and fish caught in mountain lakes. Not to say we didn't have the others.

But lately I've noticed we're not liking what we have bought in regular grocery stores or Costco. I recoil at buying chicken here. Okanagan Poultry is my main go-to chicken supplier out in Falkland. They are growing baby mean chicks right now. No junk in their birds!

So who is the latest supplier and where does one go these days? :D


You could try Vale Farms - I hear they're quite good. http://www.valefarms.com/products/order/

And if you want pheasant or deer, try these guys http://canadaspecialtyfood.ca/index.php/directory/item/north-okanagan-game-meats
I haven't failed until I quit.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16785
Likes: 13558 posts
Liked in: 3386 posts
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 2:51 pm

Previous

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests