The evils of Facebook....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: The evils of Facebook....

Post by Pat-Taporter »

“A 12-year-old girl live-streamed her suicide. It took two weeks for Facebook to take the video down.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 63fabe72f7
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Yeah, sorry, maybe the above is too much, especially the part about the alleged abuse.

So then, back to Trudeau.

Queen K wrote:This is a special message to all the posters here who add endless, and I mean endlessly post "I HATE JUSTIN TRUDEAU" threads here in everyway imaginable.

Every topic on JT imaginable can go under facebook groups, I hate Justian Trudeau and believe me, there are a lot more of them!

So if you're frustrated here, with Capital "L" liberals, small "l" liberals or anyone remotely supporting JT, then there is a facebook site waiting for you, with plenty of "friends" in tow!

But I like to discuss Trudeau here, where I’m anonymous, rather than on facebook where I’m not, because if I meet him I’ll want a hug and a selfie for my photos and I wouldn’t want my friends to think I’m a hypocrite. :sunshine: :biggrin:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nothing is too much for the Evils of Facebook. It's all part of the history of facebook, including incredibly stupid things I had to report on my own family, so don't feel it's too much.

And yes, JT Hate Facebook pages could be run and administrated by many here for all we know.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I am really tired of all the posts on FB and Castanet about the terrible "T's". (Trudeau and Trump)!

Make it go away!

At least on Castanut I can ignore those threads but on FB it gets slammed in your face no matter how many times I click on "I don'y want to see this". I'm ready to unfriend everyone. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes I noticed you've stayed out of the Trump threads, the one I started was merely meant to be all the stuff that happens in the interm, until he is Pres. as opposed to just slamming him. That's why all things posted there works.

Facebook is a wonderous thing, if it's only in your control. I like it for so many reasons. But that's not say it doesn't have a dark side.

They keep threatening to take away my account because the pesky email doens't work for them. Like I don't need facebook emailing me, they have a built in messenger. Use it. Damn it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I read them for entertainment but shake my head a lot. I try to avoid Politics and Religion because no one wins and it just turns into an argument.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Don't bring up injection sites either.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

More crap on FB I'm missing, do I care hmm..... :135:

hell no
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There are good things about Facebook, like being able to see photos of place you'd never in a million years go. I travel through my friends and they travel through me and all my photos. Professional site, nothing personal there. And there are lots of sites that take you all over the World when you're in reality stuck at home.

But this is about the "evils" of facebook. Of which I feel there are many.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:There are good things about Facebook, like being able to see photos of place you'd never in a million years go. I travel through my friends and they travel through me and all my photos. Professional site, nothing personal there. And there are lots of sites that take you all over the World when you're in reality stuck at home.

But this is about the "evils" of facebook. Of which I feel there are many.

I'm so broken up about it, can you tell...... oh damn, if only you could picture it. :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:spitcoffee: I just did, you're crying and rolling on the floor clutching your favourite great big stuffed unicorn. Tears are streaming down your face, while you ask that important existential question "whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy........."
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Pat-Taporter wrote:“A 12-year-old girl live-streamed her suicide. It took two weeks for Facebook to take the video down.”

No response . . ..

Pat-Taporter wrote:Yeah, sorry, maybe the above is too much, especially the part about the alleged abuse.

So then, back to Trudeau. . . ..

Queen K wrote:Nothing is too much for the Evils of Facebook. It's all part of the history of facebook, including incredibly stupid things I had to report on my own family, so don't feel it's too much.

And yes, JT Hate Facebook pages could be run and administrated by many here for all we know.

:laugh:

Pat-Taporter wrote:“A 12-year-old girl live-streamed her suicide. It took two weeks for Facebook to take the video down.”

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I said nothing is too much for the Evils of FB, but what you wanted was for me to what? I'm already dying inside when I see stuff like that and the evils of social media are encouraging as bad and worse. The Slim man killers? Murder, people who encourage suicide, what case was that? I'll find it. Facebook for all it's wonders, is also filled with evil.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

I sincerely apologise for being such heinous troll. You are a kind and sensitive person, and I had no business hurting someone like you. Anyone who wants to has every right to put me into the category of evil here. I'm going to step aside now.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I like your posts! We will be poorer here if you go. I just don't think I reacted the way you thought, that's all. :cry:

Return to “Social Concerns”