How low does it go?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

How low does it go?

Post by Queen K »

Just today someone spotted two suspicious characters in a field across from us. We could clearly see a couple walking through the field and we could see him lift up something red and throw it to the ground. Looked like a sleeping bag, but at any rate we all went to investigate. BTW, the neighbour on the other side of the street also saw them and saw what they did, so she came out to help us look through weeds and dirt too.

Sure enough, we found it.

A Class 2, First Aid Kit, complete with life saving equipment, blanket for shock and other assorted stuff used by paramedics.

It did not take me long to connect the accident at Clement and Ethel with this theft. I was just reading that thread when we had the knock at the door to alert us that a couple looked suspicious in the field. They came into the field from the Gordon Dr. side and exited on the Pheasant Street side, clearing going up the walkway.

He: lanky, short dark hair, 18-20
She: wearing a light coloured print dress, hair in pony tail, 18-20?
Both: *bleep* bags.

Really? Stealing a Class 2 First Aid bag from an accident scene?

Now the RCMP have your description and the First Aid bag. The officer I talked to said that she would find the paramedic unit it came from and return it. She was young, 23 maybe, hair in a pony tail and I didn't get her name, not posted here long. I hope the First Aid bag is easy enough to return to whomever was at the scene.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: How low does it go?

Post by Captain Awesome »

They were probably hoping to find some drugs in there.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Captain Awesome wrote:They were probably hoping to find some drugs in there.

Yeah, and then throw the rest of the life saving equipment in a mountain of weeds. Imagine, there's an accident scene, the Fire Dept. are there, the ambulances and "heyyyy, let's see what we can score."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Sick and Sicker , makes you wonder what this world is comming to.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Queen K wrote:He: lanky, short dark hair, 18-20
She: wearing a light coloured print dress, hair in pony tail, 18-20?
Both: *bleep* bags.

Yes, *bleep* bags. There are far too many of them out in the world but it is nice to know that there are still good people out there who investigate the suspicious activity and report to police :smt023
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh that empty field has been a cornicopia of entertainment. Just two weeks ago a couple saw a man lying in the middle of weeds. So with great concern to thier shoes, didn't want to walk in you know, they called 911. Ambulance, Firetruck, and RCMP showed up to find a guy who just had to sleep off a bit of alcoholic excess.

Kids broke into the house, twice. So now it's boarded up.

It's been a dumping ground.

Possibly used for drug drop offs, but we can't prove it.

We spread wildflower seeds in there to give the weeds competition. Then we gather seeds to redistribute to the rest of the field.

A guy fresh from court camped in there last year and promptly broke into a neighbour's house, ran up the credit cards within 20 minutes of break in. We found his Promise to Appear papers in the weeds.

Lots of people dirt bike through the mounds of dirt or walk their dogs in there.

Now the stolen first aid bag. I hope the RCMP officer solved where it came from or some unit is underequipped.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ok, ready for a new one?

I was in the ProLife Thrift store the other day and a lady was on the phone with the RCMP.

As it turns out they have yet another broken window and that represents their SEVENTH, yes 7th, break-in.

Who breaks into a thrift store? And how does happen 7 different times?

I recommended that the ladies call Crimestoppers so that maybe the druggies will turn their friends in for a few bucks.

Breaking into a thrift store, how low does it go?
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Queen K wrote:

Yeah, and then throw the rest of the life saving equipment in a mountain of weeds. Imagine, there's an accident scene, the Fire Dept. are there, the ambulances and "heyyyy, let's see what we can score."

What do you think capitalism is?

Imagine a war torn country, or a population of semi criminals - a big company comes in and rubs their hands together and says "Heyyyy lets see how much money we can make off this". The USA privatized prisons, which is what I meant by " population of semi criminals"

Profit from others misfortunes. Bankrupt housing sales = tidy profit for house flippers.

They arn't scum - they are budding capitalists!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Queen K wrote:Ok, ready for a new one?

I was in the ProLife Thrift store the other day and a lady was on the phone with the RCMP.

As it turns out they have yet another broken window and that represents their SEVENTH, yes 7th, break-in.

Who breaks into a thrift store? And how does happen 7 different times?

I recommended that the ladies call Crimestoppers so that maybe the druggies will turn their friends in for a few bucks.

Breaking into a thrift store, how low does it go?

Perhaps the window is getting broken by someone who has an issue with the organization that operates the thrift store, rather than someone after their goods. Also, if there is anything of pawnable value in view, what makes a thrift store any different to a thief than any other business or private home?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What the little old lady told me was: "they always clean out the bra and panty boxes" and believe me, those boxes are well out of sight.

If they were simply against ProLifer's then why actually enter the building and hang around sorting through AA and B cups?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Bras and panties?! lol
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bagotricks wrote:
Queen K wrote:

What do you think capitalism is?

Imagine a war torn country, or a population of semi criminals - a big company comes in and rubs their hands together and says "Heyyyy lets see how much money we can make off this". The USA privatized prisons, which is what I meant by " population of semi criminals"

Profit from others misfortunes. Bankrupt housing sales = tidy profit for house flippers.

Yeessssss, low life scum breaking into thrift stores are just young capitalists trying out their Harvard Business degrees.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... ub=British

Yet another example of low life scum stalking people.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Queen K wrote: ... low life scum breaking into thrift stores are just young capitalists trying out their Harvard Business degrees.

:dyinglaughing: maybe that's what they do for their practicum
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Bagotricks wrote:What do you think capitalism is?

YAY for capitalists!!!!

If people don't work for capitalists, who would you like them to work for?

Without capitalists, who provides jobs?

edited to add: I am off topic with this post ... if you want to respond to it, please do it here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26394
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Social Concerns”