How low does it go?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: How low does it go?

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160800

War medals? Really? I've broken in and I know these could be of immense value to the family, above jewelry and funerary ashes in an urn, but somehow I'll make money off them. Or hang them somewhere where they mean nothing.

Or some pawnshop will give me dollars for them.

Lower than a snakes belly.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#165924

Reviving the How Low Does it Go thread for the lowest of the low, stealing from an ER room in Penticton?

Seriously, someone looked up the black market value of this thing, got a buyer in line and stole it. Or not. But this is mighty low no matter how you cut it.

Like IH is rolling in clams to buy another one.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Sorry but these people do not care in the least if someone can afford to replace what they steal. Very probably looking for money to buy drugs. Possibly just plain thieves looking to make a dollar. No matter what they are low lifes that deserve to punished.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Of course low lifes don't care. That is the intent and purpose of this thread, "How low does it go."

Want to contribute or just continue to sound like you're slagging me all the time?
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

I bet that whomever took it, gets $100. That item is so hot that it could never be resold, parted out, or even shown to another person. By now, it is nothing more than a curiosity.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Or already shipped out of the country.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Fort Mac Faker busted:

Is this out of need or greed?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#166183
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So I get home today from working in a new area for me. It's stressful enough not knowing the clients, but to get home and find out a vintage wheelbarrow was stolen out of my front yard display. I have several in a row and it looks nice and is easy to keep looking good.

Had. One was emptied out, the flowers completely dumped up side down on the ground.

How low does it go when someone has to steal a wheelbarrow garden?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/183199/ ... es-use-key

So here's a couple of Grinches stealing stuff out of the mail room. I wonder if it was worth it to them? Looking for identities to steal? Money in Christmas cards? Credit card info?

But most of all, how the hell did they get keys? Someone is going to be questioned for this.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm sorry you had your wheelbarrow stolen. I'd like to have a nice display like that but there's too much disrespect out there let alone plain thievery which has happened to us before. I'd like to see a follow up on the Canada Post's part in the news as to how the keys were obtained. We stress the importance of getting the mail every day but it's getting to the point to look at other avenues for delivery.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

our neighbors bought 4 of those fancy strobe thing christmas lights (you know the ones that bath your house in lights) when I saw that they just spiked them into the ground on their front lawn, I warned them that someone will take them...and sure as ----, someone did...even took their extension cord...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's so mean. Anything to sell I guess. Sometimes it pays to get surveillance cameras or gopros installed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

W105 wrote:our neighbors bought 4 of those fancy strobe thing christmas lights (you know the ones that bath your house in lights) when I saw that they just spiked them into the ground on their front lawn, I warned them that someone will take them...and sure as ----, someone did...even took their extension cord...

I was looking at getting one or more of those. Then reality kicked in and I realized..
1) They would need to be secured from theft,
2) Securement from theft would mean they would get damaged beyond repair.
3) It is a sad state of affairs when one has no choice but to think this way.
4) I miss the days when people had ethics and morals.

I blame the generation AFTER the "Spare the rod, Spoil the child" generation.

Get caught stealing stuff, a good hammer smash to the back of the hand might make you rethink it.

There is only ONE way to get through to some people. A hug and a hot chocolate isn't it!

heywaitaminute....I wouldn't mind a hug and a hot chocolate... :biggrin:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Fancy wrote:That's so mean. Anything to sell I guess. Sometimes it pays to get surveillance cameras or gopros installed.

Things get stolen all the time, and it's not just drug users/homeless people wanting to the sell the items. Kids, teens, drunk people. I once stole 6 gnomes from someone's yard with a bunch of friends when I was drunk. Seemed like a great idea in the moment, obviously the next morning realized it wasn't. We did sneak back the next night to return them. Learned my own lesson and everything, no need for the rod either!
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Social Concerns”