How low does it go?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: How low does it go?

Post by Phoenix Within »

Queen K wrote:As it turns out they have yet another broken window and that represents their SEVENTH, yes 7th, break-in.

Maybe someone just doesn't like Pro-Lifers?

Breaking into a thrift store, how low does it go?

Why do you even ask that question? You know damn well with human nature that this doesn't even start to skim the surface of how low we can go. Careful asking questions like that, as you will not like the answer!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

PW, you are absolutely correct in being careful what you ask for, someone will answer, "much lower!"
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This for example:

Stealing meat from a foodbank? OMiGoD.

How low will some people go?

Apparently low enough to steal from a food bank.

Police in West Kelowna are searching for the suspect or suspects who who broke into the West Kelowna Food Bank sometime between 6 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Sunday.

Cpl. Ralph Jolley says the outside freezer was broken into and a quantity of wild meat and sausages was stolen with an approximate value of $500.

Anyone with information regarding this crime may contact the West Kelowna RCMP at (250)768-2880 or Crime Stoppers.
top of page
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not saying it didn't happen but the food bank stores bread, rolls, pastries in the large outdoor freezer that is kept locked. The small chest freezer outside the building is left unlocked for people who need bread during the week. Any meat they have is usually stored in the freezers inside the building.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You just can't find an honest gang these days!!!!

How low does it go for the lowlifes in society? Stiff customers with bad pills? NOOOOO, say it ain't true!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#81420
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well...When you lay with dogs , you rise with fleas ..

Or , they're only your friends until you run of what they need ....

I've said it before.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://now.msn.com/jason-chidgey-pub-ow ... p-bar-open

This guy didn't want to be shut down for an investigation inconveniently happening on a weekend. So he hid a dead body and arranged to have it "discovered" on Tuesday.

:trippyquoter:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Seriously? Stealing from Candy Cane Lane is seriously screwed up.

Omigod is there no limit? Give it back you low life loser.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#154009
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's bad enough that a I watched a security camera video of a woman stealing a child's toy from a front yard. Youtube had it and someone put it on facebook.

But really? Stealing Bike Repair Stations? Let's see, I know these were installed for a purpose. That people in trouble with their transportation may use a bike repair station to get them out of trouble and back on the bike path. I know bikes need repairs at unexpected times. I know, STEAL IT! The whole station! And not one, but two, because I might have something valuable in it!

Kamloops, Kelowna feels your pain!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#157322
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Speaking of LOW, this is about the lowest of the snake belly in a ditch low.

Here goes.

I was at a photography hanging today, a lovely set of beautiful prints that are extremely difficult to obtain. Takes hours. Takes money to do them. Takes guts to hang them for the public to critique.

So what happens? The guestbook gets stolen. Yup. The opening gala night was replete with family and friends signing the guest book, comments and congratulations from mom, dad, friends who drove a long ways to get here. You know irreplaceable.

Did I mention IRREPLACEABLE?

So what happens? It's not nailed down that's what. It's vanished. So if you found a guest book anywhere, on the street, in the ally or anywhere, please check that it's not for someone who is missing it. Take it to the RCMP. Something, anything.

But stealing a guestbook? Who wants a used guest book? Seriously, LOW.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, a guestbook is one thing, but when you steal a WHEELCHAIR, you know there is a human being who uses and needs that wheelchair right?

It's not like, "hey, look at what some healthy person has and I want it."

It's a WHEELCHAIR.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160108
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160175

Even a church parking lot is not safe if you want to steal a truck.

So glad the Church pastor spotted the truck, supposedly with a stolen trailer hitched to it, I wonder if the contents of the trailer were all stolen too?

I'll bet those arrested have a long, long long criminal record. The catch and release program serving no one so that innocent people can be victimized all over town.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160470

Just more war on the poor. Disgusting.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

Queen K wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-160470-1-.htm#160470

Just more war on the poor. Disgusting.

I'm a little confused. It's very evident from your posts that you're bothered by theft, but from this statement you're disgusted that the police are seizing stolen property?
Shopping carts are exactly that, stolen property. If there's an organization that wants to provide carts then I agree that's a viable alternative, but I support taking back something that doesn't belong to them.
No retail outlet anywhere should be guilted in to providing carts that cost hundreds of dollars.
Model citizen......zero discipline.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking this very thing. Like a modern medieval story, I am actually advocating for the poor, like Robin Hood.

What the heck you ask, why is stealing from individual hard working people, their cars, their u-haul trailers, motorcycles, bikes, dogs, and garden gnomes irking QK so much, that shopping carts don't seem to matter?

Even I know how much they cost, I knew someone in upper retail management for Fields, who's biggest thing was talking about how shopping carts are stolen all the time. They cost thousands? I wonder what google will tell me about their cost.

(looked it up: about $400/cart, so why does it not bother me?)

I recall how I phoned the management at Safeway once to tell them of a shopping cart in a ditch. The guy was not going to send someone out to get it. I figured he thought I stole it and just wanted to return it without any effort, so there it sat in some ditch.

So why the outrage one way and not the other?

I'm always aghast at those people who want people to donate "stuff" to the homeless. Like there's this disconnect between knowing they're homeless and not knowing there's only so much they can carry with them.

To me the shopping cart always made sense. At the cost to someone else. I am aware, but unless someone comes up with a viable solution for the homeless to actually carry a life with them, they need homes. An address, and I don't mean a Tiny Town type address. Advocates for the homeless to get a job have the same disconnect. "Get a job!" Oh, most employers need an address. Oops, sorry.

So am I outraged about stolen shopping carts?

Oddly enough, nope. I'm thinking of them as "borrowed." Borrowed because the shopping cart isn't being passed down in the Will, or hidden or taken out to some chop shop to be turned into cement strengthening mesh. Borrowed because it's hidden in plain sight. Borrowed because who the heck grew up thinking, "I WANT to be so incredibly ill in life that I want to live out of a shopping cart". Maybe shopping cart solutions are to have meaning, such as create a product for the homeless they can use for all the STUFF people want to weigh them down with.

Okay, someone propose a viable solution. Oh, and tiny homes are being destroyed all across America by authorities opposed to the homeless even having that much. Shopping Carts are being debated and discussed by the Gospel Mission officials and city council/by-laws officers/RCMP. This issue is real and it's in our face just before the start of tourist season, imagine that!

Return to “Social Concerns”