How low does it go?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Re: How low does it go?

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Queen K wrote:Why do we have so many low-life losers in this valley? And why is it seemingly so wide spread? Good Grief Grinches are everywhere!

It's not widespread at all, we just hear about bad things all the time while the good is neglected. Personally, I find those who whine about everything to be worse than thieves.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I noticed that even in large cities in Japan homeowners set out beautiful vases, altars, decorations, etc. all within easy reach of passers by. They are not anchored or alarmed.

No one steals, defaces, breaks or interferes with these delightful art objects. Why? Because a thief brings dishonour upon himself and his family, and no one is so low as to offend others and bring disgrace upon himself and kin.

It doesn't HAVE to be the way it is here.

:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:It's not widespread at all, we just hear about bad things all the time while the good is neglected.

I will disagree - I've never heard of so many being stolen from as what's been happening in the last couple of years. Never mind the good, the bad has really taken over.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, and it seems that some are content with and noncomplainers about theft. Which begs a question or two.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”