How low does it go?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: How low does it go?

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Queen K wrote:Why do we have so many low-life losers in this valley? And why is it seemingly so wide spread? Good Grief Grinches are everywhere!

It's not widespread at all, we just hear about bad things all the time while the good is neglected. Personally, I find those who whine about everything to be worse than thieves.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 19th, 2017, 9:02 pm

I noticed that even in large cities in Japan homeowners set out beautiful vases, altars, decorations, etc. all within easy reach of passers by. They are not anchored or alarmed.

No one steals, defaces, breaks or interferes with these delightful art objects. Why? Because a thief brings dishonour upon himself and his family, and no one is so low as to offend others and bring disgrace upon himself and kin.

It doesn't HAVE to be the way it is here.

:up:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

3 people like this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2452 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 19th, 2017, 9:06 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:It's not widespread at all, we just hear about bad things all the time while the good is neglected.

I will disagree - I've never heard of so many being stolen from as what's been happening in the last couple of years. Never mind the good, the bad has really taken over.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6089 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 19th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Yes, and it seems that some are content with and noncomplainers about theft. Which begs a question or two.
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2452 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns