Check your back alley

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Advocate
Guru

Re: Check your back alley....

Post by Advocate »

old-bushman wrote:Only twice? I would beat any thief I caught in my back yard like there is no tomorrow. I don't fight to lose. They'd be haulin' his/her sorry butt out of here in an ambulance.

Hopefully this fella is not seriously injured, looking for help..... maybe check it out first?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A full five years later:

Once again, we've become a dumping ground for undesirables and their stolen loot.

Found: Dumped broken, suitcase. Everything looted with the exception of a pair of jeans, some model car parts, a sticker for BC Wildlife Federation Member, and a note that says, "C.... T.... Call me when the urge hits."

Not sure which kind of urge, drug hit urge or booty call, but we have a phone number.

And guess where we found it all. Sure enough, we have a neighbour who does not give two figs for what her part of the back alley looks like, it looks like skid row and is being treated like skid row.

I guess I'm going back there to clean it up. Again.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh and a personal pay stub was with the stuff.

Name: tracked down on facebook. Pay stub was from 2009. I just got off the phone with the guy who said he had dumped all this junk in a dumpster in RUTLAND.

I found it all in my back alley DOWNTOWN Kelowna.

What does this tell you? Someone quite deliberately went through a Rutland dumpster and had the energy to get it all downtown Kelowa and who knows what else they got.

Which brings me to my favourite theme: Medical blister packs. Name, phone number and location of the patient are all on the blister packs a long with a list of medications and how frequently those meds are taken.

PLEASE people, if I can track down a guy with a 2009 pay stub as easily as phoning my own mom, surely to GOD you'll make sure you don't throw medication blister packs into the garbage.

It's just that easy to find you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Check your back alley

Post by MAPearce »

All I got in my back alley is, used medical gloves , cig butts and weeds....

Thank you IHA and STAFF.

dorks.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Queen K wrote:Not sure which kind of urge, drug hit urge or booty call, but we have a phone number.

GMail allows you to call outbound for free... just create a new account. Call. Give 'em hell.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:When was the last time you checked your back alley?

My street is newer than the 1870s, so I don't have a back alley. I did check out my neighbour's back yard, and I noticed the police over there hauling out guns and pot plants recently.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

Hi again, I thought I'd revive this thread to say a few things about what is happening with an apparent arsonist and the dry weather.

First of all, I just came in from a huge green bin clean up in the back alley. I was chopping, cutting, raking and pulling up dried out weeds and flowers and putting them in the green bin and if you guessed I found cigarette butts in them, you're

RIGHT!

Two cigarette butts could have caught my wooden fence on fire and the back building.

So if you even suspect your back alley is clean of debris, paper, cardboard, weeds - go recheck. You never know what someone dumped there or what has grown there in the last few weeks.

Pretty shocking to find discarded cigarette butts right in the dried weeds.

:cuss:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Fire fuels aside, it was real fun reading through this thread and seeing all the names of people from way back.

:yahoo:
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

A gravity bong? For weed? By young teenagers? Im confused.
From your description, sounds like they're hiding out from their parents.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Oh, didn't see the date. This I'd from a while ago lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What_the wrote:A gravity bong? For weed? By young teenagers? Im confused.
From your description, sounds like they're hiding out from their parents.

All of that was 7 years ago.
No need to be confused, we've had drug activity here in this area and it's all over now.
Right now I'm trying to warn people to check for dry fuels that the arsonists would like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

Wow! loaded Shotgun, crack pipe, crime gear

Always check your back alley, patrol it often. Ya never know. I wonder what it all was set up for or left for whom?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#266341

Someone is mighty disappointed today.

All I've found lately in our back alley was a squished rat with big teeth. Oh and a gentlemen who also checks the perimeter of his businesses fencing every few days. He told me some hair raising stuff about what he's seen.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

My back alley is a linear park, we get deer, bears, coyotes, and the occasional four-legged cougar.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm right downtown and have evidence of deer as in, droppings, in my landscaped yard all the time. I've photographed the raccoons on the fence and seen the coyote whislting down the road but have yet to see bear or bear scat. Lots of birds and mice and ... I photographed a pancaked rat in the back alley.

The storage company behind me do regular checks of their fence line so I found out, which is great because I did not know they were also patrolling the back alley.

Return to “Social Concerns”