Check your back alley

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Check your back alley....

Post by Roadster »

There have been stories of dogs being killed when a house is broken into... this does not work.

I knew a guy years ago in Onterio that did this cos his neighbors were all getting robbed and there was stuff left around the yard where people were hiding in his trees at night,,, he said it worked for him. So maybe it doesnt.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Roadster wrote:Ya, check your motorhome too, a buddy of mine found his was being lived in and by the looks of things he figures the guy was in there maybe a coupla months but he couldnt see the door from his house so the guy was wandering in and out when ever the lights were out. We had someones lazy *bleep* kid in ours one night and kicked him out when we found out at 10 am, whazat tell ya? Lazy schmuck's mom kicked him outta the house for the night for that very reason, GIT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borrow your neighbor's dog and tie him to your motorhome... problem solved.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I have my own dogs, they work well now for me,,, I was just telling you that on the other thread,,,, They have a runner that goes all the way around back of the house and up the sides so they can see the whole property. At other places the runner was not that big so they couldnt see and hear as well.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Like I said, check your back alley...today someone dumped a beautiful Norco bike, forest green in colour in the back alley close to Wilson Ave. Dumped it in where a bunch of Willow Tree branches come down and partially hid it from view. The middle aged cyclists who were going down our the back alley found it and me, doing my usual checking, found them talking to a neighbour I'd never even seen before. They had called the cops and were waiting for a pick up on the bike.

That neighbour told me that on a regular basis he sees crack deals going down on Wilson Ave, and the dealer always wears white. Well, that was the guy in the middle when the two guys I described as before came back down our back alley. Yup, he's the dealer who uses the landscape across the road to shield his deals.

Nice. Not.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You should tell the police if you havent already, they are doing a sweep of the dealers down town and hopefully as they clean that up they will move out a little further to where you are. I am sure they know about him cos most of these people have a record already and they probably want him.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Queen K wrote:Like I said, check your back alley...today someone dumped a beautiful Norco bike, forest green in colour in the back alley close to Wilson Ave.

Any trailers there by any chance?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Queen K wrote:Like I said, check your back alley...today someone dumped a beautiful Norco bike, forest green in colour in the back alley close to Wilson Ave.

You'd be the first I'd PM if there was. As it is, don't you have an ad in the paper? A pic on "Lost and Found"? Try walking the neighbourhood and going in the back alleys around there, cuz ya never know.

Just this morning I caught the same guy who looked over my fence yesterday, stopping in front of my driveway to look into my yard. I think he's sizing us up and I don't like it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alphanumeric

Post by alphanumeric »

Queen K wrote:Like I said, check your back alley...today someone dumped a beautiful Norco bike, forest green in colour in the back alley close to Wilson Ave. Dumped it in where a bunch of Willow Tree branches come down and partially hid it from view. The middle aged cyclists who were going down our the back alley found it and me, doing my usual checking, found them talking to a neighbour I'd never even seen before. They had called the cops and were waiting for a pick up on the bike.

That neighbour told me that on a regular basis he sees crack deals going down on Wilson Ave, and the dealer always wears white. Well, that was the guy in the middle when the two guys I described as before came back down our back alley. Yup, he's the dealer who uses the landscape across the road to shield his deals.

Nice. Not.

Really? the last time I found a bike I had called the cops and they told me to bring it down to the station myself, I'm not gonna do their job for them. I just left it there.
danimundt

Post by danimundt »

Sounds like you're in the same area as I am. My garage has been broken into twice this summer. They also got several other people down along my block too. Luckily the only thing of value in there (of mine) was the kids bikes which they didn't touch. Making me really start to fear for my house.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Queen K wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:

You'd be the first I'd PM if there was. As it is, don't you have an ad in the paper? A pic on "Lost and Found"? Try walking the neighbourhood and going in the back alleys around there, cuz ya never know.

Just this morning I caught the same guy who looked over my fence yesterday, stopping in front of my driveway to look into my yard. I think he's sizing us up and I don't like it.

I guess one way is to spend a bunch of $, and hook up a security camera to a strobe-sync'd for motion up in a tree above the back alley. Back alleys are good hiding places for these night crawlers, especially in the area you speak of. A while back I tried to catch a group of druggies helping themselves to other peoples' hard earned property. These mindless sociopaths need their hands chopped off - but the pics were not good enough for ID'ing - and unless you risk your life hiding in the willow branches at all hours ... any comments?

My flatscreen TV Now ... DUhhhh ... sniff snort
Attachments
Thief.JPG
One can always reason with reason.
skidlips
Board Meister

Post by skidlips »

Andy S wrote:
Queen K wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:

I guess one way is to spend a bunch of $, and hook up a security camera to a strobe-sync'd for motion up in a tree above the back alley. Back alleys are good hiding places for these night crawlers, especially in the area you speak of. A while back I tried to catch a group of druggies helping themselves to other peoples' hard earned property. These mindless sociopaths need their hands chopped off - but the pics were not good enough for ID'ing - and unless you risk your life hiding in the willow branches at all hours ... any comments?

My flatscreen TV Now ... DUhhhh ... sniff snort
I like those night vision motion activated cameras used for capturing pics or animals in the bush, hide them in a tree and bingo. They take pretty nice photos from what I've seen and I think you can get them in locked tamper proof cases.
Rutland it is!!!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I dont have the ones that will follow movement but they are night vision and they over lap each other. I havent really needed them, just like to use them cos you never know, so we got some cheap flat screens and we can see what is going on out side if the dog barks. They alert on sound and movment but usually they pic up a cat walking by, all that excitement for nothing hahaha.
If you decide to use them they are great but go digital, the analog are useless, we tried em.
mountain_climber4567
Board Meister

Post by mountain_climber4567 »

new in town wrote:
Queen K wrote:When was the last time you checked your back alley?

Tandr wrote:it certainly feels invasive.

Was thinking this was some sort of health related thread. :eyeballspin:

Bahahahahaaaa...my doctor checked mine a week ago...didn't even buy me a drink first!
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

mountain_climber4567 wrote:Bahahahahaaaa...my doctor checked mine a week ago...didn't even buy me a drink first!

:coffeecanuck: Almost choked on my coffee, thanks.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

new in town wrote:
Queen K wrote:
When was the last time you checked your back alley?

Tandr wrote:
it certainly feels invasive.

Was thinking this was some sort of health related thread.

HA, I thought it was medical when I first read it too, just holding back from saying so after I read the first message. Still sounds funny hearing you say it now.

Return to “Social Concerns”