Signs of the coming American collapse

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Re: Signs of the coming American collapse

Post by Homeownertoo »

Cash would never solve Detroit's problems.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I went to CNN on Facebook to see if this article was posted and sure enough it is.

Reading the comments after it is enlightening. Sometimes the comments are entertaining, but in a way, sad too, as most posters place ALL of America's loss of the middle classes on a president who has only being there for six years. It's as if BOOM, Obama got in and he has personally caused all this economic mayhem which has destroyed the American Dream, however you define it.

It's as if very few posters ever had a sense of economic or financial history in their country. I actually got chilled a bit reading those comments.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Queen K wrote:I went to CNN on Facebook to see if this article was posted and sure enough it is.

Reading the comments after it is enlightening. Sometimes the comments are entertaining, but in a way, sad too, as most posters place ALL of America's loss of the middle classes on a president who has only being there for six years. It's as if BOOM, Obama got in and he has personally caused all this economic mayhem which has destroyed the American Dream, however you define it.

It's as if very few posters ever had a sense of economic or financial history in their country. I actually got chilled a bit reading those comments.

you know it is sad BUT everything that guy touches he screws up............I mean everything....now they have OBAMACARE........If you want to keep your doctor and your health plan you can keep it. PERIOD..........biggest LIE OF THE YEAR...........well you get what you vote for I guess. When you get a majority of people that vote for a president because they want FREE stuff, or more stuff, that is what happens.
westbeach

Post by westbeach »

I encourage people to read Jeremy Rifkin's book "The Third Industrial Revolution" or at least watch a few of his videos. He gives an interesting perspective on the future and how Europe along with China are going to be the economic powerhouses.
http://thethirdindustrialrevolution.com/
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Just want to note that this thread is coming up on it's third birthday and the collapse has yet to happen.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Good question. I've been waiting over 30 years for it.

Jonrox wrote:Just want to note that this thread is coming up on it's third birthday and the collapse has yet to happen.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

It's happening. The fall of the Roman Empire did not happen over night.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:It's happening. The fall of the Roman Empire did not happen over night.

Yeah, more like 500 years.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

then modern western society is right at the point of decline based on the 500 year number. our nations are prostituting themselves to individual wealth - and the empire is declining rapidly. next thing you know the huns and barbarians will be knocking on the door and asking for tributes we will have no choice but to hand over. its a circle of life thing.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Return to “Social Concerns”