deleted

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:19 pm

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:I guess you would have to go with probabilities. If you have 4 men in the car, maybe one will know anything about cars or the basics anyways. The other 3 will pretend but eventually will use their cell to phone for a tow.
You would need a bus full of women for the same probabilities.


Do you think that's a sexist statement anymore than thinking the average German is more motivated than the average Jamaican is racist?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:24 pm

zzontar wrote:Do you think that's a sexist statement anymore than thinking the average German is more motivated than the average Jamaican is racist?

I don't know any German or Jamaican and I will never know them all ( that's a lot of people ) to have an average and be able to make that statement.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
User avatar
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10195
Likes: 1973 posts
Liked in: 1429 posts
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Sigh... okay then, do you think your comment was sexist? Why or why not?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:28 pm

No. Pure logic.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
User avatar
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10195
Likes: 1973 posts
Liked in: 1429 posts
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Zzontar it becomes sexist when you say " all women " or " all men ". All men are rapist. All women loves shopping.
It becomes racist when you say " all ... pick a nationality " or " the average ... pick a nationality ".
You have to see the person as an individual.
It's not black and white. Shades of grey.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
User avatar
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10195
Likes: 1973 posts
Liked in: 1429 posts
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:47 pm

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:No. Pure logic.


I agree that it's logical seeing as the majority of mechanics are male. As 80% of NBA players are black, is it also logical to assume blacks are better at basketball?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby SmokeOnTheWater » Jan 30th, 2013, 4:50 pm

zzontar wrote:I agree that it's logical seeing as the majority of mechanics are male. As 80% of NBA players are black, is it also logical to assume blacks are better at basketball?


Hmmm... I think it's ok as long as you don't say " all " black men are better. I'm sure some are lousy at it.LOL !!
Tough subject, isn't it ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
User avatar
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10195
Likes: 1973 posts
Liked in: 1429 posts
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby Graham Adder » Jan 30th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Still at it, eh Z?
Getting anywhere?
Didn't think so.
Too bad you can't refocus all your negative energy into something positive.
Typical though.
Stereotypical.
User avatar
Graham Adder
Guru
 
Posts: 5477
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 899 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Graham Adder wrote:Still at it, eh Z?
Getting anywhere?
Didn't think so.
Too bad you can't refocus all your negative energy into something positive.
Typical though.
Stereotypical.


It's your option to think that every race is the same. Personally, I don't think I'm as ambitious as the average German, not as disciplined as the average Japanese, and not as good at basketball as the average black guy. It doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'm intelligent enough to realize there are differences and I'm not going to be at the top of the heap with everything. If you feel your race can't be worse at something or different than any other race at anything, again that's your option.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby Graham Adder » Jan 30th, 2013, 7:36 pm

You're lookin' good Z.
Lookin' gooood.
User avatar
Graham Adder
Guru
 
Posts: 5477
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 899 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Graham, I've asked you before to point out what you think are racist remarks or incorrect statements I've made and for some reason you went silent. Here's your chance to discuss that, unless your content with what you're contributing to the discussion, which is nothing... again.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby kibbs » Jan 30th, 2013, 7:50 pm

If you feel your race can't be worse at something or different than any other race at anything, again that's your option.


I have found the white race is little less tolerant of other races ,I think it is culturally inherit not genetically inherit.
Peace be with you.
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2945
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 8:04 am
Location: Washago Ontario

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby kibbs » Jan 30th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Graham, I've asked you before to point out what you think are racist remarks or incorrect statements I've made and for some reason you went silent. Here's your chance to discuss that, unless your content with what you're contributing to the discussion, which is nothing... again.

you've made over 5000 posts he might need some time
Peace be with you.
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2945
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 8:04 am
Location: Washago Ontario

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby zzontar » Jan 30th, 2013, 8:08 pm

kibbs wrote:
I have found the white race is little less tolerant of other races ,I think it is culturally inherit not genetically inherit.


Whites consist of roughly 12% of the population yet are in the majority of inter-racial relationships, so much for that theory. To make a reasonable assumption of who's more tolerant, you would have to now spend time on a reserve or in Africa or the middle-east where it's the opposite of white Kelowna.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 8868
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Responding to open racism

Postby Graham Adder » Jan 30th, 2013, 9:19 pm

I don't like you Z.
Figure it out.
I don't wish to respond to you most of the time because I feel I'm lowering myself by associating with you...even on a faceless forum.
Your energy is sapping to those around you. Whether through text or in person I am sure, you sap the good from others to feed the void you have in your spirit on account of the hurt you've suffered in your life.
I choose not to play in your sandbox because I don't trust you.
That's what it boils down to.
You come across to me as very weak.
I cannot trust you enough to have a meaningful conversation, nor can I trust you to avoid hijacking another thread so you can push your racism onto others and instigate separation under the guise of wanting equality.
Your approach is vile, to the point of being offensive.
That is why I have not responded to your requests.
User avatar
Graham Adder
Guru
 
Posts: 5477
Likes: 133 posts
Liked in: 899 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests