deleted

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Responding to open racism

Post by kibbs »

uh oh, i think someone might have some lingering predudices about people from "the west".

Prejudice Like the word is spelled makes judgement before you have all or any facts. I think I have enough fact to know there is a lot less visual minorities in kelowna then Toronto or Montreal,but Vancouver lots.I grew up in farm town same crap.Its not the west ,Its the black lacking red neck zones.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I was considered a racist for asking these questions:

zzontar wrote:
If you had to have something built the best it could in the shortest time possible by 100 laborers picked at random for the same price, would you have it built in Germany or Jamaica? If you had to bet on a random group of white guys playing a random group of black guys at hockey, who would you bet on? What about basketball?

Does anyone here who claims to be against racism want to answer?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Does anyone here who claims to be against racism want to answer?

Just because I'id hire a newfie to take me fishin does not make me believe that if i spent as much time at it i would not be as good.Black are not better at B ball cause they are black.As time passes you will see more Asian people checking in the corners.

I Am Totally Against Racism" Stereotypes and slurs are the front gate.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

... so you won't answer either?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

... so you won't answer either?

Ill always put my money on the skill and talent ,what colour that happens to be in this time and space does not matter.I do not believe in hiring to help minorities but educating them and racists.
You will never get me to say something as racist and stereotypical as you would like.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:
Ill always put my money on the skill and talent ,what colour that happens to be in this time and space does not matter.I do not believe in hiring to help minorities but educating them and racists.
You will never get me to say something as racist and stereotypical as you would like.

Okay, so you think Jamaicans on the average are as ambitious as Germans and roughly 80% of NBA players are black just by coincidence. How about sexism now... your car is broken down in the middle of nowhere and you're with a sick, small child... a carload of guys and a carload of women pull up, which group would you pick to help with the child and which group would you pick to look at your car?
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

zzontar you're not providing enough details in these questions for anyone to make an intelligent answer.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

underscore wrote:zzontar you're not providing enough details in these questions for anyone to make an intelligent answer.

Okay, the basketball players on both sides are male and attend the same college, the workers from Germany and Jamaica are the average 30 yr old citizen, the 2 carloads of people are middle aged and seem respectable.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Okay, the basketball players on both sides are male and attend the same college, the workers from Germany and Jamaica are the average 30 yr old citizen, the 2 carloads of people are middle aged and seem respectable.

without Knowing who has basket ball skills you still cant tell.It wold be an interesting game.I think they would be equal in STEREOTYPE RULES cause all Germans are smart and athletic,but Jamaicans are all lazy and smoke the ganj but they are probably black and have magical inherit b ball skills.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Way to sidestep the question Kibbs, that's like giving an answer, now how about the question about the 2 groups?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

kibbs wrote:
Prejudice Like the word is spelled makes judgement before you have all or any facts. I think I have enough fact to know there is a lot less visual minorities in kelowna then Toronto or Montreal,but Vancouver lots.I grew up in farm town same crap.Its not the west ,Its the black lacking red neck zones.

Bigots also always think they have enough facts to justify their view.

Besides, you're the one who brought up "the west"

...then shamelessly insulted the locals that lived here before the air was at last sanctified by your arrival.

...and all because of your dislike for the colour of their neck!!

There may be more blacks in Toronto and Montreal ... don't pretend there's automatically less bigots.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Besides, you're the one who brought up "the west"

yep even I need humbling ,sorry westerners .
its much harder to verbally express racism there ,keep it to yourself.You have to tolerate or go insane.
if you find my noticing visual racism in kelowna insulting to the local population then you just might be on the other side.
Peace be with you.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

zzontar wrote:How about sexism now... your car is broken down in the middle of nowhere and you're with a sick, small child... a carload of guys and a carload of women pull up, which group would you pick to help with the child and which group would you pick to look at your car?

Hmmm ... good question. You do realize most men know nothing about cars. There may be a doctor, a nurse or a father in the car who would gladly take care of the child. A very small amount of women know about cars and not all women enjoy taking care of a sick child but there may be a doctor, nurse or mother in the car that would gladly help.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Hmmm ... good question. You do realize most men know nothing about cars. There may be a doctor, a nurse or a father in the car who would gladly take care of the child. A very small amount of women know about cars and not all women enjoy taking care of a sick child but there may be a doctor, nurse or mother in the car that would gladly help.

Okay, let me clarify, you have to pick which group does what without getting to talk to them first or know their occupations.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

zzontar wrote:Okay, let me clarify, you have to pick which group does what without getting to talk to them first or know their occupations.

I guess you would have to go with probabilities. If you have 4 men in the car, maybe one will know anything about cars or the basics anyways. The other 3 will pretend but eventually will use their cell to phone for a tow.
You would need a bus full of women for the same probabilities.
As for the child, either way, you can take care of him or her yourself while either group is busy with your car.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Social Concerns”