Take that political correctness crap and...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Take that PC crap and...

Post by Queen K »

What I think? Or "you" as in all of castanet posters?

I think a multibillion dollar company can go two ways on this:

Say, "no." But they should not because the tree was especially made for their retail sales and they know it. So they SHOULD just refund you the money and take their tree back. Even if they junk it in the dumpster in under one minute.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Funny because I loaded into by damn car, not knowing how I felt about it, other than I felt like I literally used a tree out of a box for about 3 weeks that cost $175.00 on clearance and $400 regularly.

I took a shot at it, and they denied me, and looked at me like I was ... Well...An entitled snowflake [icon_lol2.gif]

However, after I charmed them with my winning personality and my stubbornness to not take crap and smile while I eat it, they did replace it, with the lesser quality tree. But they were shaking their heads at me out the door I know it.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Sleeveless Dress Demeaning according to Kim Campbell:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/218764/Sleeveless-dress-demeaning
Honestly, don't people have more important issues to complain about?
If a news anchor chooses to wear a sleeveless dress, then how is that demeaning? It would be a different issue if they were being forced to wear them.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Verum wrote:Sleeveless Dress Demeaning according to Kim Campbell:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/218764/Sleeveless-dress-demeaning
Honestly, don't people have more important issues to complain about?
If a news anchor chooses to wear a sleeveless dress, then how is that demeaning? It would be a different issue if they were being forced to wear them.

What is demeaning is any woman having to justify something as pithy as a sleeveless dress to another woman, and then some!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Some folks are so easily offended. Perhaps they should get over themselves. This was clearly tongue in cheek on the part of the restaurant owner. It's not a public washroom. If you don't like it, eat elsewhere.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218801
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Funny because I loaded into by damn car, not knowing how I felt about it, other than I felt like I literally used a tree out of a box for about 3 weeks that cost $175.00 on clearance and $400 regularly.

I took a shot at it, and they denied me, and looked at me like I was ... Well...An entitled snowflake [icon_lol2.gif]

However, after I charmed them with my winning personality and my stubbornness to not take crap and smile while I eat it, they did replace it, with the lesser quality tree. But they were shaking their heads at me out the door I know it.

I am curious as to what you are talking about and how this relates to political correctness?

Store return policy = people being offended?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

fvkasm2x wrote:...
I am curious as to what you are talking about and how this relates to political correctness?

You might want to read a few posts back where Queen K posted about a woman returning a Christmas tree
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Verum wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:...

You might want to read a few posts back where Queen K posted about a woman returning a Christmas tree

:130: Sorry....this thread took some turns way left and I am guilty.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Guilty.

What about this one? Shocking in today's World or stupid?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218801

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

^^^^ beat ya by almost 2 hours. Is that you in the next stall, Queen K?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 14th, 2018, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Reason: Off Topic
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I haven't read the previous conversations, so I'm only guessing on what's been said. All I would add is that women generally look a lot better/attractive with sleeves. Going sleeveless is not going to attract any positive male attention, especially if you have large shoulders or arms.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Keep in mind that the kerfuffle over the sign on the bathroom door is limited to one person. One person, who no doubt contacted the media herself. The media ran with it, hoping to generate discussion and attention just like it's getting here.

It reminds me of the Starbucks "red cup" fiasco of a few years ago. A tiny number of people complained, and it seemed like half the world jumped in to backlash against them. It made it seem like a much bigger deal than it actually was.

Whenever someone does something, there will likely be a few outliers who are furious about it. The media loves to cover them. Don't let that be your guide to what the world is coming to.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Social Concerns”