Take that political correctness crap and...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Re: Take that PC crap and...

Post by foodsmith »

French Castanut wrote:
and my skin became dirty and dark like the Tamilians

Yes, she called them dirty. She did 100%.

She was refering to people from that country, not to her fellows on the train.

Tamilians can clean as much as they want, their skin will keep the same "dirt" and "dark" color. (I simply rephrased the above quote).

And what, exactly, is the colour of 'dirt'??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Foodsmith, you know French Castanut hasn't posted since, forever. You may be waiting awhile, no, forever.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I hope to not hear " social justice warrior " for the rest of the year. Meanwhile here is a vid might remind you of some people on the forums :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBdnyrzq96s
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

normaM wrote:I hope to not hear " social justice warrior " for the rest of the year. Meanwhile here is a vid might remind you of some people on the forums :)

I absolutely love this guy!

From now on before I make a post I am going to post a trigger warning.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Long time follower, his vegan routine is bang
oops forgot - you didn't like my post.. you are a postaphobic :P
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Foodsmith, you know French Castanut hasn't posted since, forever. You may be waiting awhile, no, forever.

That user name doesn't exist anymore and he changed it more often than most posters change their shorts.

Hmmm, makes me wonder who he is now?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

normaM wrote:I hope to not hear " social justice warrior " for the rest of the year.

Ya, you got about as much luck with that as not hearing "at least Hillary isn't in". [icon_lol2.gif]
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

normaM wrote:Long time follower, his vegan routine is bang
oops forgot - you didn't like my post.. you are a postaphobic :P

Are you referring to his Soy Boy video?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

normaM wrote:I hope to not hear " social justice warrior " for the rest of the year. Meanwhile here is a vid might remind you of some people on the forums :)

Haven't watched some of his in a while now, this guy has mocked so many issues is such an amazing way, I'm always laughing.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, over the top PC reaction or not? I heard a McDonalds ad the other day that compared a $5.00 visit to the museum to a McD's meal.

A $5.00 Museum visit consisted of "There were dinosaurs and then there weren't. Exit through the Gift Shop please."

I got it. It wasn't worth much to see a museum only charging $5 bux.

BUT OHHHH NO, McDonalds was shamed in taking the ad off of CBC. Why? Because museum personal went NUTS. Crazy.
Imagine, the scientific types got their hair in a frazzle over the McDonalds ad.

And McD's pulled the "insidious ad." :200: Insidious? Now I've been to the Royal Tyrell and paid the $19 or $22 to see it. Thousands go. But it was as $5 entrance fee, it would be worth much, "they lived, they died." would cover it.

But here's the article:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... li=AAggFp5

"It targets the exact demographic that we're trying to reach, young families with kids... to tell people that you're better off going to McDonald's than you are going to an educational institution for an informal learning session."

Listen to a full interview with Calogheros and hear the ad

The advertisement, which was running in markets across Canada, upset other museums and their supporters, prompting calls for the piece to be pulled.

Ad 'in no way meant to offend': McDonald's
In an email, external communications manager for McDonald's Canada Adam Grachnik told CBC the company was doing just that.

"It was meant as a humorous way of promoting the new $5 McPick Meal Deal, and in no way meant to offend," Grachnik wrote.

"We appreciate that museums are trusted, respected and informative places about Canadian culture and apologize for any offence."

GOOD GAWD, even I thought it was funny. But nope one woman was up til midnight to answer texts and calls about the ad. Just could wait to til the next day because it's soooo important. [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/sma ... li=AAggFp5

Here's another PC incident.

Costco management couldn't grow a pair and tell the woman that former Christmas trees were not refundable in January?

This is a case of the store vicitimizing itself due not wanting to appear non-PC to a "customer."
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Queen K wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/smart-living/woman-returns-dead-christmas-tree-in-january/ar-AAuzyFf?li=AAggFp5

Here's another PC incident.

Costco management couldn't grow a pair and tell the woman that former Christmas trees were not refundable in January?

This is a case of the store vicitimizing itself due not wanting to appear non-PC to a "customer."

How is this Political Correctness? Yes the incident is daft, but there is nothing PC about this whatsoever. This might be a case of people being entitled, but I suspect someone was just trying their luck, which is certainly nothing new. Similarly, Costco probably just wanted rid of her and rather than deal with a protracted argument, just decided to pay her off, again, nuisance money is nothing new either.

People seem to be labelling anything and everything they don't agree with that is silly as PC these days:
Wikipedia wrote:Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to avoiding language or behavior that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race

Unless she is claiming that they sold her a defective tree because of her sex, race, etc. then I don't see how this could be seen as a PC issue.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

From the management side, I do see it as being a PC issue. Management, he/she, didn't want to "offend" the little snowflake claiming a what is clearly a Christmas Tree is somehow now no longer a fitting purchase.

Management has to NOW put a sign on all Christmas trees, "NO returns, NO refunds" after December 25th. This is how this idloitic decision to refund her money literally dumbed down the system.

Political correctedness has to go. Even if ONE customer has to accept the decision.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Boycott the movie of Peter Rabbit? Well first of all, it's obviously B-rated, barely, they show almost the entire movie in all the trailers, just stitch it together in your mind.

Second, There is a scene which shows him throwing a blackberry AT someone he knows is allergic to blackberries.

Hence the parents are upset and are saying this will give psychopaths ideas to try to kill people

You decide:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wellne ... li=AAggFp5
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Just for fun...I am not sure what I feel about this, and I'm just curious about what you think?

- Bought a Christmas tree from Walmart after Christmas on clearance in 2015/2016 year, it was the most expensive tree Walmart carried, so not cheap, but not some designer brand either. We used it Christmas 2016 year and it worked.

- This year we went to use it, lights are not working. We spent "some time" going through the string, checking all the connections, trying to change any bulbs we were suspicious of (although they are not on a circuit like the old Christmas trees). But sadly couldn't make it work.

- We do not have the receipt anymore, but this is a Walmart exclusive brand. However this wasn't apparent, the sticker didn't say Walmart, it was only after googling and such that we figured out it was a tree made specifically for Walmart.

- So, the bottom line is that we had a tree that worked one season only, and even on clearance, it was still about $175.00 I think (can't quite recall exactly).

Should Walmart replace the tree (straight exchange)? What if I was willing to take a tree on clearance that was the "medium" level tree, even though I had paid for the top of the line choice?

Not passionate about this, but I just wonder what you think?

Return to “Social Concerns”