Take that PC *bleep* and...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Take that PC *bleep* and...

Postby Scorp » Aug 20th, 2019, 3:08 pm

After Rebel Media featured (or appeared to feature) one of the estheticians in a video that I posted here earlier, I contacted the CBC and (shame)-asked them why we haven't seen an interview with any of them on the National when the Rebel had no problem with that. I got a 'ticket' number, but I expect I'll receive the same response from them as I've received so far from Twitter on my request to remove Yaniv's harassment tweets, which I highlighted to them from the Tribunal document that I posted here earlier as well. So far, crickets.

Contact the CBC http://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/requests/new

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, just thought I'd add what I got from the CBC:

Your request (ticket) has been received. Due to the amount of correspondence received, CBC may not reply personally to all comments about our programming, as we respond to questions and assist those needing technical help using our digital products.

We also encourage you to review the FAQs in our Help Centre, particularly if you wish to submit a news tip or community event, or are seeking assistance with navigating CBC's website.

Finally, CBC National Audience Services cannot address concerns related to comments submitted by the public into CBC.ca community spaces. Please review our articles on Commenting and Moderation.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

If you are interested in helping CBC make better products and experiences, you can join the Your CBC Say panel.

Also here's what I got from Twitter:

Thank you for your report.

Thanks for letting us know. If we find that this account is violating the Twitter Rules, we will take action on it.

While we take a look, there are other ways you can change what you see and who you interact with, like block and mute (non-applicable in my case).

We’re glad you made your report, and we want your experience on Twitter to be positive and safe. You can also get a copy of your report sent to you.

I love Castanet, eh?

Our mods do a fantastic job!

rustled likes this post.
Scorp
Board Meister

Liked in: 192 posts

Postby Glacier » Aug 21st, 2019, 5:25 pm

The case of Jessica Yaniv proves that compelled speech is toxic

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-c ... -is-toxic/

The Post Millennial has been following the Jessica Yaniv story closely for weeks now. And we make no apologies for our repeated coverage. It is a story of a single, vexatious human rights litigant attempt to ruin the lives of more than a dozen Vancouver area estheticians—most of them women, and many of them poor immigrants working out of their own homes—by forcing them to (literally) handle his penis and testicles under the guise of trans rights.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12746 posts

Postby Scorp » Aug 22nd, 2019, 4:56 am

Dr. Jordan Peterson 101.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby Scorp » Aug 23rd, 2019, 3:17 pm

A very well written, chronological, ‘tiptoe though the tulips’ on Yaniv featured today in the Aldergove Star.

“Controversial Langley transgender activist arrested over stun gun”

http://www.aldergrovestar.com/news/cont ... -stun-gun/

But again from the Post Millennial article that Glacier posted, and as I’ve said before:

(I hope this doesn't 'exceed' . . . and if it does then I apologies in advance)

. . . The implications of Yaniv’s actions have been laid bare for all to see on multiple occasions. Further, that Yaniv’s self-declared identity directly influences the way in which the mainstream media can and does cover Yaniv’s historical racism, and alleged child sex predation.

Despite being reported throughout the world, there is barely a trace of any of these developments in Canadaland’s coverage of the Yaniv story. In fact, in Canadaland’s print story about the Yaniv saga, a piece called “We Need To Talk About Jessica Yaniv,” the only hint of the women she has harassed and taken to tribunal is a nine-word sentence: “Specifically, she wanted a beautician to wax her balls.”

Canadaland reduces over a dozen mostly-immigrant women down to one for the sake of Canadaland’s progressive narrative. Perhaps trying to force one woman to handle and wax male genitals is less nefarious than demanding more than a dozen to do so. Interestingly, the word “women” does not appear once in the entire column.

Canadaland’s approach to Yaniv’s confirm the most toxic and destructive elements of intersectionality. It appears that their hands are tied when it comes to commenting fairly and appropriately on this very disturbing story because of the intersectional points that Yaniv has accumulated. A few years ago, before trans became the force of culture that it is today, the minority women would have had the intersectional upper hand. But now, because trans individuals are considered more of an oppressed minority, it is Yaniv who can play the intersectional fiddle . . ..

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-c ... -is-toxic/

My take on intersectional: When anyone fights for human rights then they should fight for all of the people: no matter the gender, race, or religion.

Canadaland fails.

And still crickets on my messages to Twitter and the CBC.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby sobrohusfat » Sep 2nd, 2019, 6:38 pm

MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2340 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 3rd, 2019, 8:17 am

Is there something about the Southern States I missed somehow?

Harry Potter has been banned in a Tennessee Catholic school because JK Rowling included "actual spells." Can't make this up. Seriously could not invent this if I tried.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5848190/harry-potter-banned-catholic-school-library-spells/?utm_source=GlobalOkanagan&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Mpk2RimACKAFKqM2sUd0farbdFBUyuCs5Hl7d7aHWFMUKPsmZUDRUYyw
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15607 posts

Postby featfan » Sep 3rd, 2019, 2:50 pm

Lets hope she( if I am being gender correct) takes care of jonathan yaniv.

https://www.voiceonline.com/kasari-gove ... missioner/

2 people like this post.
featfan
Übergod

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby Scorp » Sep 5th, 2019, 7:47 am

I hope so too.

And from the article you that posted:

"The mandate of the office includes educating British Columbians on human rights, as well as examining and addressing issues in systemic discrimination."

But here's a different idea that I support, and it pretty much covers why--'cause there's just no way to 'educate' the Yaniv's in this world.

"Why complaints such as Jessica Yaniv's should be handled by the courts, not human rights tribunals"

http://business.financialpost.com/legal ... -tribunals

rustled likes this post.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby rustled » Sep 5th, 2019, 8:29 am

^^
Howard Levitt: Court would be gatekeeper for frivolous complaints that are making Canada a human rights laughingstock
SNIP
One might think that a parent’s preference for who looks after their young and vulnerable children should prevail. But the handling of the Cyryniowski and Yaniv cases, both of which made international news, is making Canada a human rights laughingstock.

Some individuals, outraged by the abuses, have started filing complaints to make a parody of the entire system.

For example, a complaint against A&W, claimed that its “Papa and Grandpa” burgers caused the applicant to feel degraded, attacked and violated and sought $50,000 and an order that A&W develop a more inclusive menu. The applicant used the name Dawn Ironbox, a character in the Family Guy TV series.

LOL.

Seriously, though I don't get the fixation on what others think. The publication chose that angle for the subhead of the story, too.

Isn't this what gets us into so many of these predicaments in the first place? We Canadians seem to want people to think we're the supreme champions of human rights. We get upset when instead we're laughingstocks.

It's all very Victorian, very 1950s. "Dear, dear. We must keep up appearances. What will the neighbours think?"

Why the fixation on appearances and virtue signalling? Why are we not paying more attention to ensuring we actually are doing what's best to address problems and make the world a better place, and ensuring we do NOT hurt people and do damage in the process?

2 people like this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 10458 posts

Postby Scorp » Sep 5th, 2019, 9:53 am

Canada, eh? Even good ol' Max figured he'd best pull back in line on the political correctness for Greta Thunberg. And that's a biggie for his appearance, because he doesn't even live in BC or Ontario :biggrin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and if we're gonna have these human rights commissions and tribunals, the prerequisite for appointments should be serving a practicum on a condo strata board--without hiring a property manager.

rustled likes this post.
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby Laurane » Sep 7th, 2019, 11:26 am

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe what she said just needed a comma in the sentence ...

"and my skin became dirty, and dark like the Tamilians"

Exactly.....
Laurane

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby Scorp » Sep 8th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Re: Jessica Yaniv

Please read the whole article for content and context.

LGBTQIA activist Jessica Yaniv caught in chat calling Sikh man ‘Turban F*cker’

Saturday 7:39 PM

http://www.dailydot.com/irl/jessica-yaniv-leaked-chat/

. . . “Woman sits next to Sikh man. Woman posts racist message. Woman’s name is Jessica Yaniv. Any messages for Jessica (@trustednerd)?” Simran Jeet Singh tweeted.

In the chat (explained elsewhere in the article), Yaniv writes, “Sitting right next to a turban *bleep*.” An unidentified person, writes back, “UM.” Yaniv then sends a photo of herself and the man she is talking about.

Yaniv claims the derogatory remark was made in jest and got leaked.

“This was a private group chat between friends,” she told the Daily Dot via email. “Someone got accidentally invited that shouldn’t have. The comment was a joke as other members of the group were daring to do it. It was a bad joke and move.”

While people took to social media to express their outrage, many also tried to caution people not to respond to her racism with transphobia.

“We need to be firm and clear about standing against racism. But we also need to cut the cycle of hate. Please be humane in your responses to @trustednerd. It’s possible to call out with denigrating,” Singh added. (tweet with a Yaniv selfie with the man) . . .
Scorp
Board Meister

Postby Scorp » Oct 13th, 2019, 3:47 pm

I hear tell that Kelowna is scheduled to get the feature film, “The Rise of Jordan Peterson.” And it’ll only take 38 more tickets sold to make it so.
Scorp
Board Meister

Previous

Return to Social Concerns