Strange pet peeves

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Strange pet peeves

Post by kgcayenne »

Still, I vote for graphing the volume.

(Captain Awesome, wait for the day you get to pay for a new fuel pump, that'll peeve you 'right good')
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

If he doesn't pay for his gas, chances are pretty good CA doesn't worry to much about what happens to the vehicle after the lease runs out. Which brings me to my pet peeve, how expensive it is to own a vehicle these days after you add everything up.

When I was young buying a car was a right of passage, it was never cheap but affordable, now it's just ridiculas. I'm self employed and write off the majority of my vehicle and fuel but even then I stopped buying new about 15 years ago, not because I can't afford it, but because it doesn't make financial sense anymore. For young people, they can't get ahead career wise if they don't own a car but can't get ahead financially if they do own one. It won't be long until we hit a tipping point and I hope public transportation is up to the challenge.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

If people actually learned how to at least diagnose their own vehicles, they'd be a lot cheaper to own. Knowing nothing about cars and taking it to a shop (dealerships especially) you're getting royally screwed on maintenance.

And yes, running a vehicle below a 1/4 tank will greatly reduce the life of the fuel pump.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Strange pet peeve: When people have email addresses such as [email protected] or [email protected]. For some reason I just don't like email addresses with numbers attached to the end. Perhaps it's because it shows a lack of creativity (in my mind), but that's only a guess. I'm not really sure why it's a pet peeve though. With everything else equal, I'd probably turf the [email protected] resume in the trash over the resume from [email protected].
Last edited by Glacier on Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

That would be just fine since the "four" is actually associated with the rest of the name. [email protected] would also be acceptable. [email protected] would not. Sorry, wrong "2."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm strangely peeved by geek speak.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

The ever increasing numbers of "stupid "people out there these days :clueless:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

People who spend 15 minutes in the drive through at the bank.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

People that wait in line at Tim Hortons for 20 mins in the drive thru because their too lazy to get out of the car !
Could be in and out of the store in 5 mins or less but insist on polluting the air !
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

People who say like in between like almost every like word they say. LIKE this like drives me like to the point of like I can't even like listen to like anything they like have to like say.

Ive seen people do this in an interview on television and in formal public settings.
Is this some sort of like disorder or something?
Cause I don't like it.

P99
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I cringe when I hear people say, "That's what I'm talkin bout." Even when it had never been discussed. :)

or

"Ya know what I"m sayin?" Am I even supposed to add a question mark. Apparently if you answer you look like a tool. :)
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

My biggest , but hardly strange,pet peeve is people who wait 10 minutes in a Tim's line up and NOT know exactly what they want when they get to the front of the line up...

What are they looking at for all that time they're in line ? Certainly NOT the menu board..

And why are they always in front of me when all I want is my morning DD ????
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

After reading Castanet classifieds these are my top pet peeves:

- Nobody cares why you're selling your car. Enough with BS stories about how you got a new baby, how your wife is telling your Harley has to go, how you're moving out of the country, and how you have to pay for school. Those are BS stories, everybody knows it, so save yourself some typing and just say you have to sell it. Nobody needs your made-up reason, doesn't really help with selling it.

- Also, yellow cars. People who drive yellow cars are *bleep* bags. All of them.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

- Also, yellow cars. People who drive yellow cars are jerk bags. All of them.

Explains taxi cabs.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.

Return to “Social Concerns”