Strange pet peeves

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Libelle
Guru

Re: Strange pet peeves

Post by Libelle »

Men with long finger nails.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Justin Bieber's Christmas album.

And while on the Christmes theme - red velvet jackets.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

normaM wrote:don't tell Sudsy, he puts on his undies AFTER his pants. Quite the trend setter.

I am seriously afraid of peeps that put underwear on after their pants OVER their pants :)

P99
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

style could catch on. lol
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I cringe every time when some Castanet posters post "my sincere condolences to the family ..." every time they read the news of somebody dying anywhere on the planet be it in Vancouver, Kentucky, or Timbuktu.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:don't tell Sudsy, he puts on his undies AFTER his pants. Quite the trend setter.
process99 wrote:
I am seriously afraid of peeps that put underwear on after their pants OVER their pants :)

P99

I dunno, could catch on!

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ha! and as a plus everyone would wear nice undies as they'd be for public viewing. No more they have more holes than a sieve and the elastic is so shot you just 'bout need suspenders to keep them up, but they are comfy!!
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

I don't like folks who seem to have a 30 inch waiste yet buy pants with a 48 inch waiste and then DON'T wear a belt so we get to see the skid marks and lack of hygene and manners everytime they leave the house..
Whats with these idiots anyway they think they are gang bangers and criminals , yet have you watched them try and run from police in those pants? Police should just walk behind them untill they fall as their pants always do. Try running with you pants around your ankles... IQ apparently missing as any good criminal knows you wear good footwear fitted clothes(dark or light) depending on lighting conditons ect..
These idiots with pants around their knees are not only useless criminals but they look really stupid.

P99
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

People with closed minds, no options but theirs.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Why don't many mechanics know how to close the hood of a vehicle? Given the sheer number of hoods they close in a day one would think they'd figure out you can't push down on the hood without leaving a dent. You wouldn't close the car door by pushing softly until it clicks and then push in the center of your door to fully close it. So why would you close a hood that way. I have a brand new car that has been into a mechanics twice, once for snow tires and another for noisy brakes. I now have 3 dents along the front of my hood. The hood can take a pretty good slam just like a door or trunk, if it doesnt fully close, unlatch and slam again. Seems pretty basic but it's surprising how few people know how to do it properly. But most people don't work on vehicles all day. There is no excuse for a mechanic not to know how close a hood but many just go through the day obliviously denting one customer's hood after the other. It's as though we need a decal on the hood that says 'don't push here' but should we really have to, were paying anywhere from 120$ to 180$ per hour for them to work on the car, shouldn't that be enough to trust they know how to do thier jobs?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

process99 wrote:I don't like folks who seem to have a 30 inch waiste yet buy pants with a 48 inch waiste and then DON'T wear a belt so we get to see the skid marks and lack of hygene and manners everytime they leave the house..
Whats with these idiots anyway they think they are gang bangers and criminals , yet have you watched them try and run from police in those pants? Police should just walk behind them untill they fall as their pants always do. Try running with you pants around your ankles... IQ apparently missing as any good criminal knows you wear good footwear fitted clothes(dark or light) depending on lighting conditons ect..
These idiots with pants around their knees are not only useless criminals but they look really stupid.

P99

o yaaaaaaaaaaaa 100/100 , I do believe they are called wiggers-google is your friend
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've just discovered that the sound of sharpening knives is one of the worst sounds ever.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

People that stand in the middle of the grocery aisle talking on their cell phones.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10 complete morons
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

youhavegottobekidding wrote:People that stand in the middle of the grocery aisle talking on their cell phones.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OHH!! How about people who enter a grocery store, come to a dead stop right in the doorway and stand there like a stunned idiot when they've got 5 people behind them who are trying to get in as well?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

Return to “Social Concerns”