A break from the forums.....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
bikeguy25
Fledgling

A break from the forums.....

Post by bikeguy25 »

For the most part I would say the "Regulars" on the forums are aware of what KL3, Trunk Monkey and a couple others do for work.

Recently I had an injury on the job which is going to put me out of work for several months. During this time I have spent MUCH more time then usual on the computer trying to stay entertained and not die of boredom. Reading the amount of topics relating to policing and the negativity associated to it has actually begun to upset me. Maybe its because before i would sign on and sign off and now I read all the details and posts being made or maybe its just because i have been in a bitter mood the last few weeks because i cant work.

Regardless of the reason it has actually begun to make me mad with some of the comments and opinions (yes everyone is entitled to their opinion) but more or less because the people who make them have NEVER worked a day of law enforcement in their life.

I originally signed up for the forums for fun because someone creted a topic about the unmarked SUV having a business decal on the side of it and people thought it was sneeky. For the next few months I had fun bantering, back and forth with everyone else but of late things have seemed to be strictly negative attacks with absolutely nothing constructive to come from peoples postings or even some of the topics themselves.

For this reason, I am taking my leave from here for a few months at minimum. Ill leave KL3 and Trunk Monkey to continue what they do, just as they did before i joined. Perhaps I can find something more constructive to do with my time such as collecting rocks or stamps or maybe ill take up knitting.

Basically, I/we as law enforcement receive enough criticism from people on the street when we work, the media and whoever else wants to share their 2 cents, so why on earth do I sign on here to have more when no matter what we try to explain there is no changing ones opinion by a message.

For those who do appreciate ALL emergency personal, I personally thank you. We/I am not perfect and I have with out a doubt made my fair share of errors on the job and upset dozens if not hundreds of people by issuing violation tickets. I am proud of the job I do and what I have done and accompolished during my career in Kelowna. This year I believe I took 96 impaired drivers off the road. Yes a large amount of them were the controversial IRP's. I will not appologize for taking anyones licence due to drinking and driving because I know I made sure at least 96 people were not victims of an impaired driver. For anyone who says its not a problem, my father (who was also an RCMP officer) was hit by a drunk driving while on duty. He eventually died as a result of the injuries he sustained. No matter what anyone's defense or argument is about drinking or driving or charter issues are at hand, I will NEVER find drinking and driving laws strict enough. Of all the topics I have commented on, I am most passionate about impaired drivers.

I strongly urge that if anyone is concerned about policing issues or has problems to call or go to the office and speak to someone. We cant fix or answer, what we dont know.

I will still check my private messages if anyone has any questions or comments they want to make regarding anything else but as for now I take my leave.

***Jo, you can rest a little easier as you wont have to review/delete any more of my posts :127:

Sincerely,

bikeguy
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: A break from the forums.....

Post by mikest2 »

I am sure I'm not alone in saying I'll miss Your input. I enjoy intelligent, meaningful posts, I hope You recuperate well and quickly. See You on the street again soon !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Sorry you have to take a break..but in a way you guys have a common problem with bike people..

When we do right, no one remembers..when we do wrong, no one (hardly ever) forgets...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Thanks for your efforts bikeguy and good luck to you.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

See you soon, because no one can really leave Castanet.. and those who does.. they all come back one day or another :dyinglaughing:

And wishing you get well pretty soon!
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Take care bikeguy, thanks for all your work out there!
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

Perhaps this has something to do, with RCMP management forbidding their employees Posting on public forums. and making more of a mess Of their relations with the public.

It does seem somewhat strange,That many here are disobeying their superiors And their chain of command.

The influx of supposed police officers on this forum I believe was planned To try to protect their reputation But unfortunately The misconduct And internal bickering Continued to hit the headlines.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Good luck Bikeguy.

He's obviously tired of defending every member of the RCMP. Further too, many posts go from being on topic to bashing the police.

It does eat at you when your heart is in the right place.

That's my take on what he is saying and has had enough of the childish BS but just did not say it!!
Last edited by Ken7 on Nov 8th, 2012, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

diggerdick wrote:Perhaps this has something to do, with RCMP management forbidding their employees Posting on public forums. and making more of a mess Of their relations with the public.

It does seem somewhat strange,That many here are disobeying their superiors And their chain of command.

The influx of supposed police officers on this forum I believe was planned To try to protect their reputation But unfortunately The misconduct And internal bickering Continued to hit the headlines.

Yes, it is a big conspiracy. Damn nothing gets past you.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Hope you mend real soon, bikeguy. I'll miss you. When you come back, I highly recommend the "foe" button. It makes life sooo much sweeter here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I tried to escape once. Forced a reset password and never changed it so I had to make an effort to log-in.

Now i'm going to do this if I need to again:

Re: You know you're from Rutland if . . .

Postby Jo » Sep 29th, 2012, 12:46 pm
This is just a 'friendly' reminder, but a good one to heed:

Every person who posts an insult/joke/off-topic remark here will receive up to a one-month ban. So go for it, if you need a break from the forums.

Perhaps something about a chicken crossing hollywood?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

In your condition bikeguy I doubt if you could even knit. ;)
See you out there again when you're back in action...Dude!
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

I feel that the RCMP, along with our Fire services and EMT, are the real modern-day heroes. You all go the extra mile on a daily basis, sometimes risking life and limb to save another’s.

On the one hand, I would want you guys to be the highest-paid government employees out there, so that we attract the best of the best into these jobs. Essentially, the higher the wage, the more high-quality applicants to choose from. If wages were on par with those of investment bankers, I doubt we’d have many corrupt cops at all. After all, it’s easier to corrupt a cop struggling to make his debt payments than it is to corrupt a cop who has no debt at all.

On the other hand, bad apples exist everywhere, and along with the high pay I would also want to see all on-the-job (or at least, in-uniform) actions video taped. Not only to protect their arses, but also to encourage accountability. As government employees, these three branches work for the citizenry, and sometimes the bad apples forget that.

Edit: I also consider Nurses and Teachers to be ancillary heroes, deserving of the same wage treatment. Somehow, we need to find it in ourselves to ensure that the foundation of our society attracts and keeps the best of the best.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Hey Bikeguy, take a break and dont worry its just opinions and some are passionate about them. Some people bash cops maybe because they got busted once or twice and they might have a chip on their shoulder, no biggie.
You guys do great work and we all know one bad apple can make that look bad for all, I have to admit a couple cases in the past got me goin but when I need a cop and they are there, they do their work well and have proven to be something I would not do without in my community. Every job has its issues.
You guys are great, just remember when something goes odd by one member, stand for the public hen you know you should and save the good positions for the good cops. We have seen a case or two where the public was lied to or so it seemed and it got a lot of people riled up. Its partly why some are on the fence about policing. People dont want to see others get wrongfully hurt in an attempt to save the rest of the public.
Am I on the fence? Definately not, I have had your guys and gals help me a few times with an attempted break in and a couple other events, all handled professionally and quickly. And trust me when those who feel they need to bash you guys now make the call for help you can bet they will appreciate a man or woman in uniform coming along to help.
Its just internet forum stuff, you have to let a lot of it slide past you like wind and not let it get to you. Every job has a basher for some reason.
Take care and heal those injuries.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

wow pretty intense hope you feel better bike guy your welcome to build bikes with me any time hope to ride with you one day.there have been some nasty things some cops have done and the media is letting us know. people like kelly hayes are heros in my eyes. the rcmp have become something to fear, i would be scared if i had evidence showing a member committing a crime . its a club where things done wrong are covered up by other members. thank god for little brother,driving cab i have watched cops bully street people,i believe most are good but they have to police themselves ,be promoted if they catch a bad apple, arrest their partner if they break the law.the old boys club must go . only you guys can make it better all the pr in the world wont change it.woman must be accepted and welcomed.this is the new canada. peace be with you.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Social Concerns”